ClubAdventist is back!

Something to think about

Some people were unable to disagree with President Bush without attacking him. Not me. President Bush was a fine man and did what he believed to be best for America. Some other people are unable to disagree with President Obama without attacking him. No me. President Obama is a fine man and doing what he believes is best for America.

McCain, on the other hand, is a compromiser. He stands on nothing. Everything is compromise.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dr. Shane

• karl

• bonnie

Some people were unable to disagree with President Bush without attacking him. Not me.

Some people think disagreeing IS attacking. Not in the USA. If you want to be a politician here you need a thick skin and well-thought-out positions which you can articulate well at the drop of a sound bite.

Bush-haters called Bush a liar and a murderer. They attacked his faith by saying he was not genuine.

We have seen some here call Obama despicable and unprincipled. That is an attack. I have said the same about McCain and will not deny "attacking" McCain's character. I agree with McCain politically more than I disagree with him. But on a personal level, I know he is a compromiser and will go whichever way the political wind is blowing. That cannot be said of either Bush or Obama.

I have heard many Obama-bashers stoop to the same low of the Bush-haters by attacking Obama's faith as not being genuine. How dare we sit in judgment on another man's faith! What I hear is people saying that if another man's politics are not the same as mine than his faith cannot be as genuine as mine either. That is not my call. Both Bush and Obama may end up in heaven and many of the ideologues may be burning in hell. I am very careful about who's band-wagon I jump on.

• Members

Bush-haters called Bush a liar and a murderer. They attacked his faith by saying he was not genuine.

We have seen some here call Obama despicable and unprincipled. That is an attack. I have said the same about McCain and will not deny "attacking" McCain's character. I agree with McCain politically more than I disagree with him. But on a personal level, I know he is a compromiser and will go whichever way the political wind is blowing. That cannot be said of either Bush or Obama.

I have heard many Obama-bashers stoop to the same low of the Bush-haters by attacking Obama's faith as not being genuine. How dare we sit in judgment on another man's faith! What I hear is people saying that if another man's politics are not the same as mine than his faith cannot be as genuine as mine either. That is not my call. Both Bush and Obama may end up in heaven and many of the ideologues may be burning in hell. I am very careful about who's band-wagon I jump on.

Excellent points Shane, excellent. I totally agree.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Quote:

I have heard many Obama-bashers stoop to the same low of the Bush-haters by attacking Obama's faith as not being genuine. How dare we sit in judgment on another man's faith!

So who is the "we" attacking Obama's faith. Most haven't a clue what his faith entails. We don't have to know. Bush was very open about his faith and what it meant to him.Clinton was very good at being seen with bible in hand after fun and games with Monica.

Quote:
What I hear is people saying that if another man's politics are not the same as mine than his faith cannot be as genuine as mine either. That is not my call. Both Bush and Obama may end up in heaven and many of the ideologues may be burning in hell. I am very careful about who's band-wagon I jump on.

It would really be helpful if you could show where those of us that disagree with his politics use that to determine his faith is not genuine. I don't think anyone has brought his faith into it.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Perhaps you could provide a reference to the Bill Ayers interview. I have seen an interview of President Obama with O'Reilly where he denied it.

I know it seems impossible to you, but obama is a liar. That's all I'm going to say right now, because I don't want to talk politics on the Sabbath.

From the NY Times (not exactly a bastion of conservatism.)

Quote:
...at a lunchtime meeting about school reform in a Chicago skyscraper, Barack Obama met Mr. Ayers, by then an education professor. Their paths have crossed sporadically since then, at a coffee Mr. Ayers hosted for Mr. Obama’s first run for office, on the schools project and a charitable board, and in casual encounters as Hyde Park neighbors.

...A review of records of the schools project and interviews with a dozen people who know both men, suggest that Mr. Obama, 47, has played down his contacts with Mr. Ayers, 63. But the two men do not appear to have been close. Nor has Mr. Obama ever expressed sympathy for the radical views and actions of Mr. Ayers, whom he has called “somebody who engaged in detestable acts 40 years ago, when I was 8.”

Obama campaign aides said the Ayers relationship had been greatly exaggerated by opponents to smear the candidate.

Doesn't seem like too much to worry about until you start looking at all the other leftists Obama has surrounded himself with.

1. Marilyn Katz. Linked to the Students for a Democratic Society and the famous Chicago Seven trial. Katz has raised funds for the president.

2. David Axelrod. You know him as the soft-spoken top aide to the president, but radicals from the 1968 Chicago Democratic Convention riots mentored "Axe."

3. Valerie Jarrett. She's another senior adviser from Chicago and a longtime Obama friend. She is Obama's ears and eyes as being a "conduit for far-leftists."

4. Mark Lloyd. He was named Obama's diversity czar. Lloyd penned a paper to "undermine conservative talk and bolster liberal talk" in radio.

5. Cass Sunstein. Obama's regulatory czar who supports boosting animal rights and human cloning.

6. Ron Bloom. Obama's manufacturing czar. Bloom has major labor connections as he tries to create jobs.

7. Anita Dunn. She was Obama's effective communications boss for a while. In that position, she went to war with Fox News.

8. Kevin Jennings. The "safe schools czar." This is the gay aide who has tried to introduce homosexual themes into schools.

9. Carol Browner. She was a Clinton-Gore environmental aide who Obama picked as the global warming czar. She is a radical on the issue.

10. John Holdren. Obama's science czar. Authored a report from 1977 that refers to population control.

11. Kathleen Sebelius. She's the secretary of health and human services and a former governor of Kansas. Suports abortion.

12. Harold Koh. He won a legal job at the State Department. Koh supports U.S. judges who consider other nation's laws when interpreting the Constitution.

13. Dawn Johnson, Obama's pick to head the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel. She supports abortion and a bid to review which terror detainees from the Bush years should win release.

14. Barack Obama hired Anthony “Van” Jones as a special adviser for green jobs, enterprise and innovation at the White House Council on Environmental Quality. Jones is an admitted “rowdy Black nationalist” and “communist” who was also a co-founder of the communist revolutionary organization STORM: Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement.

Not much to worry about at all. The way campaigns work is that if you want to raise money for a candidate you will normally get to meet him and depending upon how much you raise, you will probably have his ear at later dates if you want to give him or her your opinion.