ClubAdventist is back!

32 African-Americans are running for Congress this year as Republican

Quote:
Definition: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Or that race produces inferior capabilities.

Does the fact that an educator must acknowledge the reality of different average test scores for different races make him a racist?

If he must acknowledge different average test scores for different genders does this make him a sexist?

If he acknowledges the preponderance of one race versus another as represented by players in the NBA, or boyz in da hood, does this make him a racist?

Or is he simply a realist?

I firmly believe that affirmative action needs to include poor white children and not just certain racial minorities.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I firmly believe that affirmative action needs to include poor white children and not just certain racial minorities.

That would not be affirmative action. That would just be doing the right thing. We can't have that. We've got to have politicians currying favor with certain groups to keep the pot stirred up.

• Moderators

You say definitively that Rush Limbaugh is a racist.

** Limbaugh admitted to Newsday's Richard Gehr (10/8/90) that as a DJ in Pittsburgh in the 1970s he had once dismissed a black caller by saying, "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

** "Have you ever noticed how all newspaper composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?" (Newsday, 10/8/90)

** Discussing a Chicago inner-city schoolteacher punished for using a math question that focused on the price of prostitution and cocaine habits, Limbaugh suggested that the teacher should be credited for "understanding the culture these kids come from." The math question began: "Rufus is pimping three girls." (TV show, 5/24/94; transcript archived on Nexis)

"In Obama's America, the white kids now get beat up with the black kids cheering, 'Right on, right on, right on.'" (Media Matters, 9/15/09)

He's not encumbered by being politically correct.... If you want to know what America used to be--and a lot of people wish it still were--then you listen to Strom Thurmond." (TV show, 9/1/93, transcript archived on Nexis)

In 1992, on his now-defunct TV show, Limbaugh expressed his ire when Spike Lee urged that black schoolchildren get off from school to see his film Malcolm X: "Spike, if you're going to do that, let's complete the education experience. You should tell them that they should loot the theater, and then blow it up on their way out." (TV show, 10/29/92; transcript archived on Nexis)

Discussing a Chicago inner-city schoolteacher punished for using a math question that focused on the price of prostitution and cocaine habits, Limbaugh suggested that the teacher should be credited for "understanding the culture these kids come from." The math question began: "Rufus is pimping three girls." (TV show, 5/24/94; transcript archived on Nexis)

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

If he acknowledges the preponderance of one race versus another as represented by players in the NBA, or boyz in da hood, does this make him a racist?

Or is he simply a realist?

It is not an acknowledgment but the use of the pejorative that's revealing. Was your use of "boyz in da hood" an acknowledgment? No. It was pejorative. Your own words could not have provided a better example.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

** Limbaugh admitted to Newsday's Richard Gehr (10/8/90) that as a DJ in Pittsburgh in the 1970s he had once dismissed a black caller by saying, "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I have listened to Rush Limbaugh off and on since 1991. I am more than confident that he is not a racist. I disagree with him on a lot of things but know enough not to charge him with racism.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity