ClubAdventist is back!

Muslims and their Holy Books

Stan

On another thread it was mentioned the first born of Abraham was Ishmael. Interesting. The first born usually gets the best inheritance.

BUT the question is, what did the Muslims use for a Holy Book BEFORE Mohammed.

I find it interesting that Mohammed's writing support on the 7th day as the Sabbath. AND that he himself was more than likely as Sabbath Keeper.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

As far as I know, before Mohammed the Arabs were not Muslims, but idol worshippers. The religion of Islam started with Mohammed, who got rid of the idols and instituted the worship of One God, the Creator. Going back to the principles of religion as it was under their forefather Ishmael and his father Abraham, was probably a way of trying to "get back to the roots" of what they perceived to be "true religion." Mohammed would have been in contact with Jewish and Christian people in that part of the world, and would have had access to the Books of Moses and the Prophets (which the Muslims revere as holy books to this day, but not in the same way as the Qu'ran).

Our Muslim neighbor also said that there are some sects of Islam in his home country of Turkey (Sufi?) that claim to have religious texts and practices that are continuous from the time of Ishmael.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

I heard in a sermon that Christianity made in roads into Arab communities before Mohommed but I have never looked into that. It could be complerely false.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity