ClubAdventist is back!

Democrats Vote Down 5 Percent Rule

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify.

His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained, "passage of such a requirement would restrict home

ownership to only those who can afford it."

I can't add anything to this.

In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify.

His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained, "passage of such a requirement would restrict home

Don'tcha feel really secure with the Democrats running the country?? Your tax dollars at work.What's the definition of a person who continues to try something that has been proven to not work? I think that when I bought my house,some 24 years ago, I could only qualify for a Fanny Mae loan and I was required to come up with the 5% in order to qualify. And I thought that was a good deal!!Maybe I shoulda waited.These Dems and those who keep voting for them live in a fantasy world.Like Willy Wonka's Money Factory.

Originally Posted By: karl

Don'tcha feel really secure with the Democrats running the country?? ......These Dems and those who keep voting for them live in a fantasy world.Like Willy Wonka's Money Factory.

It just proves that these clowns could not care less about America and, really, the world. We have been wading through a financial abyss which everyone agrees was brought on by exactly the attitudes toward the financing of house purchases which STILL PREVAIL amongst Dumbocratic legislators.

How much stupider do they come?