ClubAdventist is back!

Mission Story Olger Can Appreciate

Dr. Shane

One of the elders at the Mexican church I support use to park cars for tourists. Due to the increase in the drug war, tourism has slowed down. So he decided to start selling ice cream to the locals. He built himself a little cart but his ice would melt after a few hours which meant he had to buy more ice and start over or just go home for the day. I saw this cart when visiting his home and told him how he could make a much better cart. I bought some plywood to increase the size of the cart and some rigid, Dow Chemical, blue board to insulate it. After boxing in his ice barrel with the blue board, I filled the voids with Great Stuff.

Now he can go out and work all day and still have ice that hasn't melted at the end of the day. That means he can work longer and/or buy less ice. That means he can make more money and better support his family.

You know, sometimes I think I should relax on my Sundays. I wonder what it would be like to sit on the couch all day and watch TV or just take a nap in a hammock in the shade. But that is not me. I love working with my hands and am trapped in an office and pick-up truck all week. I also love helping people. I post this here because I praise God for the ability to help others and do physical labor.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Helping others is such a satisfying thing to do. When I think of blessings, it is not what we receive, but how God works through us to do that which He has given us the capability to do.

• Members

Now.........if he had access to Dry Ice it would be even better! nuff sed

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}