ClubAdventist is back!

Save The Human

Dr. Shane

For those that have illusions of grandeur or a God complex it really isn't fair to take that away from them or punish them.
please tell us how you would like for us to treat you then. :)

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• SivartM

• teresaq

Top Posters In This Topic

the US had vast herds of buffalo at one time...I don't think they ruined the prairies when they were here..
That's true, but there weren't billions of them, and they weren't cramped in feedlots. They had plenty of grass to eat, and there was plenty of space and time for their waste to decompose naturally, and nobody was bothered.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

lady all you seem to want to do is take a swing at anyone posting on this thread regardless of what they say, and/or make assumptions about them.

so i for one will be letting you go for it all by yourself.

Actually I have been waiting for you to give the solutions.It really did sound as if you had some.

I know a lot of people that would love to have a solution.There are countless cottage industries that are animal based.Meat production is not the reason for the business but becomes a solution to animals that do not have any other use.

Many people have a thriving industry making goat sop soap and skin products from goat milk. The problem comes when the goat needs to be bred to produce milk. They do not always have all females that can be used.

Sheep are the same problem,what do you do with the surplus created by the cottage industry.

If your answer is that then there should not be the cottage industries, you in good conscience, should not be part of the demand for that product. And I bet you are.

A farm factory with thousands is beyond anyone to solve at this point.Start small with those that have the cottage industries,they would be thrilled.Many are vegetarians so would be pleased to know

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Unfortunately I am not a vegetarian and would really like to become one. I think what is being stated here about meat base diets having a negative impact on the world environment makes a lot of sense. I really need to rethink things to change for the better. I need a lot of prayer regarding this matter.

Unfortunately I am not a vegetarian and would really like to become one. I think what is being stated here about meat base diets having a negative impact on the world environment makes a lot of sense. I really need to rethink things to change for the better. I need a lot of prayer regarding this matter.
That's great, 2721ROCKS. :) Don't listen to naysayers; do what you believe is right.

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

No one was suggesting to not be vegetarian. It is the unrealistic view that meat production can come to a halt and all will be well. Can't happen.

Are all animals being raised in ideal conditions.NO,but if you are going to condemn those that make their living that way,do not be a part of it. Do not help create the demand for the products that result.That leather pair of shoes cost that beef cow the same as a hamburger did.It made as much waste,ate as much hay and grain to provide those shoes as it did for the hamburger

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Originally Posted By: 2721ROCKS

No one was suggesting to not be vegetarian. It is the unrealistic view that meat production can come to a halt and all will be well. Can't happen.

Are all animals being raised in ideal conditions.NO,but if you are going to condemn those that make their living that way,do not be a part of it. Do not help create the demand for the products that result.That leather pair of shoes cost that beef cow the same as a hamburger did.It made as much waste,ate as much hay and grain to provide those shoes as it did for the hamburger

ahhh, come on bonnie!!

the guy is new to the forum and just shared his intentions for his own personal life...why start swinging on him when he wasnt saying anything against you?!?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Quote:

Quote:
ahhh, come on bonnie!!

the guy is new to the forum and just shared his intentions for his own personal life...why start swinging on him when he wasnt saying anything against you?!?

I was not swinging at him. I did neglect where I said "you" to make it plain "You" was meant general.

Other than that just what is your problem? Meat production will not come to an end,millions of animals would still need to be cared for,if you wear leather shoes those shoes cost the beef cow the same as a hamburger. If you are so opposed to meat production don't benefit from it where you don't have to.

Pretty simple

Originally Posted By: Nan
Normal posting can now resume.
wow, i hope not!

I have to ask a cheeky question...

Are you implying that all the posts here are abnormal and if they are abnormal, what then is normal??,......or, for that matter, what is abnormal here?

saywa What was the question again?????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
the US had vast herds of buffalo at one time...I don't think they ruined the prairies when they were here..
That's true, but there weren't billions of them, and they weren't cramped in feedlots. They had plenty of grass to eat, and there was plenty of space and time for their waste to decompose naturally, and nobody was bothered.

I don't think there are billions of cows in the US either.

Are you a member of PETA, because if you aren't, you should be...they'd love to have you for a member.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Wildlife isn't the problem. Animal farming is the problem.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Are you a member of PETA, because if you aren't, you should be...they'd love to have you for a member.

I am not a member of PETA but I am a fan of theirs on Facebook. They put out some awesome stuff. I am also a fan of Sarah Palin so it balances out bwink

I do eat fish. Their carbon foot print is small. I prefer to buy wild caught fish. When buying farmed fish, I prefer those from Central America.

I do eat eggs but buy the open range eggs. However if egg production were to stop I wouldn't cry. Contrary. I would rejoice.

I have the answers to cure the environmental problems but none of them are my ideas. They came from greater minds than mine.

Silk is also an animal product I avoid.

I wasn't aware that "Silk" soy milk is an animal product.............

You are just full of little thoughts and posts today, aren't you, Shane....You trying to compete for top poster????

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Please share your solution to get rid of all the waste these 60 billion animals produce. Maybe we could eat that too.

The taking care of multiplied millions of animals for food has degenerated into just what you have suggested, although in an indirect way. Animal waste is, or maybe hopefully was, being recycled and fed back to the animal part of the food chain. Then, of course, we humans get to eat the newly generated live recipients of the same. Some have posited that is where "mad cow disease" came from.

Yum!!!!

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Just a note, ROCKS. Make it a goal to reach and as time passes and you use less and less flesh foods, it will become easier and easier. No doubt asking God to enable you to reach the goal is the key as far as I'm concerned, but if you already see the wisdom in avoiding flesh foods, that's half the battle.

I used the Lords' prayer as a motivator for I couldn't see killing animals for eating as part of the heavenly scene.

"Your kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven." Matthew 6:10 NKJV

As an afterthought, if or when you fall off the wagon after making the decision to go vegan or vegetarian, don't waste your time beating yourself up over the lapse. Just recommit for the Lords' sake and he'll give you the boost you need.

"I do not [set Myself up to] judge or condemn or sentence anyone."John 8:15 AMP

If Jesus can say that, then I don't believe we need be concerned in our efforts, though sometimes misunderstood by others.

When I was younger, nothing was looked at with more anticipation and pleasure than a pork chop, well salted with meat tenderizer. Now a piece of beef hamburger in a pasta dish is quite repugnant to me. I can vouch for the fact that the taste can be trained.

Keep the faith! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Thanks a lot LifeHisCost. I really do appreciate those encouraging words and I believe that God will give me the victory. I know that an animal free diet is the best way to go. I have made attempts previously to become a vegetarian and have had some level of success. My reasons for wanting to give up eating meat were largely for health reasons but now considering that meat diets do affect the environment, I think the health reform message takes another dimension really worth considering.