ClubAdventist is back!

I am incensed at the Muslims who may stone...

olger

a poor woman that they have already beaten severely. This whole story just makes my blood boil. Good thing I don't live over there, I would probably lead a rescue effort and that would be the end of olger. :)

May God intervene and judge these brutal animals and bid the woman "Neither do I condemn you".

Serious olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

• olger

• Moderators

Uhuh. But all those people who received exactly the same treatment, at God's direct command, in OT times, that was not only OK but morally good and right and divine, yeah?

Truth is important

That's awful! :(

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Uhuh. But all those people who received exactly the same treatment, at God's direct command, in OT times, that was not only OK but morally good and right and divine, yeah?

Big difference,they are not God

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Yeah, nice attempt of his to bind our Creator God with Islamic hatred.

og out

If the Muslims have their way they will bring sharia law to every nation on the planet.

Them are not tolerant people like us Adventists. Of course, the wicked papacy has been guilty as just as much evil.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

True, Shane. I believe that Islam is a consequence (result) of the Papal power. A daughter, if you will...

• Moderators

They fully believe they are doing it in God's name, just like the Israelites.

Unbelievable moral relativism from the guardians of absolute morality.

Truth is important

More like the papacy than the Israelites. The Israelites were actually following God around in a pillar of fire. The Muslims are acting just like the papacy did during the Dark Ages.

Now that's scary!!!

Unbelievable moral relativism from the guardians of absolute morality.

Ehm, David. Moral relativism lies at your door not mine. Let's be clear on that.

God is the AUTHOR of morality, man is the author of Auschwitz.

g

• Moderators

If the exact same action is moral if one person does it and immoral if another person does it, how is that not moral relativism? That's kind of the definition...

Truth is important

In the Dark ages - the argument was of the form -- God will torment the people in hell forever - so the torture we inflict on the heretics trying to get them to turn from error is really "a good thing" since God is so much worse than we are...

Turns out that trying to "be God" when it comes to killing others, is not a good thing at all - unless you actually ARE God.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Your analogy fails to define the authority for the action, thus it becomes mere superficial parallelism.

og

• Moderators

Nope. The authority for the action is exactly the same: 'God told us to do it'.

You are making the (unsupported) assumption that the Muslims of today are delusional in making that statement while the ancient Israelites were correct.

Truth is important

The ancient Isralites had God dwelling with them in the form of a pillar of fire. God spoke directly to Moses. Muslims do not even make such a similar claim today.

Muslims are acting on the same authority as the papacy - tradition and their sacred writings. Muslims are not claiming to have a living prophet communicating directly with the living God.

• Moderators

So then their authority is merely at exactly the same level as we have for every Christian rule of faith and practice?

Truth is important

• Members

I guess the Muslims are just doing what their beliefs dictate they need to do. I wonder if they enjoy it or if anyone feels badly about *having* to do it... I would think there would be *someone* who didn't like it.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Excellent !!

g

(PS. Jeremy McGrath told me that Alyssa is a chain smoking diva bwinkbwink;);) )

So then their authority is merely at exactly the same level as we have for every Christian rule of faith and practice?

Yes, that is exactly right. That is also what our concept of religious liberty is all about.

As Christians we believe in the Bible. As Protestants, we believe in Sola Scriptura. We have the right to share our religion with others in an attempt to win their hearts but we have no right to force our religion on others in a way that would compel compliance.

Are there exceptions? A civil government is established to protect the rights of all. Some may say that passing a law that bans murder is a religious law since it is making one of the Ten Commandments civil law. However the ban on murder is simply protecting the civil rights of potential murder victims and falls into the realm of the civil government.

Does a ban on adultery fall into the realm of the civil government? I suppose it could fall under the protection of public health. Is the death decree the correct punishment for it? If that penalty is arrived at by a democratic process so that it reflects the will of the majority of the population, I guess it would be appropriate. However that is not what we see happening in Iran. We see the church controlling the state and dictating what crimes and punishments are to be.

Crazy how all muslims are judged on the actions of a very small minority. Just imagine what the world would be like if just 1% of all muslims engaged in some violent act. Life would have been a lot more intolerable. Considering that there are one billion muslims in the world it is obvious that the overwhelming majority of muslims are peace loving so I don't know what this angled slap against muslims is all about ? As an Adventist Christian I have no issue with the muslim and consider them as fellow human beings loved by God and in need of grace just like me.

• Moderators

AMEN! The most healing healing words I have read in this thread. Thank you.

Allahu A'alam.

Crazy how all muslims are judged on the actions of a very small minority. Just imagine what the world would be like if just 1% of all muslims engaged in some violent act. Life would have been a lot more intolerable. Considering that there are one billion muslims in the world it is obvious that the overwhelming majority of muslims are peace loving so I don't know what this angled slap against muslims is all about ? As an Adventist Christian I have no issue with the muslim and consider them as fellow human beings loved by God and in need of grace just like me.