ClubAdventist is back!

I am incensed at the Muslims who may stone...

olger

I really think Muslims are more judged according to their teachings and the writings of their religion........that they believe in stoning people is pretty barbaric, don't you think ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• Bravus

• olger

Christian Bible also considers stoning as a means of punishment so just like christians, while it may be in their writings the over whelming majority of muslims do not practice or condone it.

• Moderators

I have deeply worked with our Muslim brothers and sisters for more than 2 years - and they are wonderful people who love the one true GOD (Allah). Definitely not like what the US/western media seems to portray.

The years I've spent with them was very encouraging for my own spiritual journey and my pastoral work - the time I've spent praying with them, going to the mosque with them and studying with them - priceless moments. God moments.

I have lived in their culture for years and have created such a great friendship with them.

In fact, they do not call us Seventh-day Adventists as Christians - they refer to us as the People of the Book who in the Noble Koran - prophesied - as the people who will one-day call Muslims and Christians to worship the One-True-God.

We have Adventist schools and teachers operating deep in Islam areas. The only non-Muslim religious organization allowed and respected.

We have a Adventist Sanitarium operating in a city that is predominantly Islam. Loved and patronized by our Muslim brothers and sisters.

I have only positive things and experiences to say about them.

I really think Muslims are more judged according to their teachings and the writings of their religion........that they believe in stoning people is pretty barbaric, don't you think ?

• Moderators

I have deeply worked with our Muslim brothers and sisters for more than 2 years - and they are wonderful people who love the one true GOD (Allah). Definitely not like what the US/western media seems to portray.

Do you think the one true God inspired the Qu'ran?

If so, He must be quite different from Yahweh, who inspired the Bible. How do you account for the fact that Qu'ran's teachings are so different from the Bible? For instance, that the spirit who taught Muhammad in the cave told him that Christ didn't die on the cross and that Chrsit was only a prophet? It even says that anyone who claims that Allah ever had a Son is a liar. The Qu'ran also says that the son whom Abraham offered as a sacrifice was not Isaac but Ishmael.

My point is that Allah of the Koran does not appear to be the same God as in the Bible. I've only mentioned a couple of the differences. There are many. Why is this if they are both inspired by the same God?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quite intersting perspective Antcreations, both muslims and adventist do no eat pork and have similar views on drugs and alcohol. Also t seems that both muslims and adventist base there beliefs on some written authority. I was also informed that the 2nd coming of Jesus is stated in the Koran. I could live with the idea that Allah and God are the same and it is something I think is worth considering.

I wonder what muslims will think of our views of prophesy especially the ones in Daniel and Revelation ?

Crazy how all muslims are judged on the actions of a very small minority.

I don't see how this statement fits into this thread. Has anyone in this thread judged *all* Muslims by the actions of the extremists? If so I missed it. Please cut and paste that from the post where it happened.

The fact is that as Adventists we point out the extremes within Christianity and eastern religions too. Adventists expose false religion all day long. We are a minority within Christianity and have to work hard to distinguish ourselves. Many people judge Christianity because of the actions done by extremists and rather than criticize the critics, I have to agree with them. There are many Christian groups that are extreme and deserving of criticism.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Has anyone in this thread judged *all* Muslims by the actions of the extremists?
Several of the people who have posted in this thread had judged all Muslims by the actions of the extremists. Just not as explicitly in this thread. But I think the implication is obvious if you've read some of the other threads about Muslims.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

I don't see any such implication. There are liberal Muslim sects that are peace loving and their are fundamental Muslim sects that would like to chop the head off from every Adventist believer in the world. I don't see there is any denying those facts.

Several of the people who have posted in this thread had judged all Muslims by the actions of the extremists. Just not as explicitly in this thread. But I think the implication is obvious if you've read some of the other threads about Muslims.

This is not an accurate statement .You have made this type of "misstatement" before.

All Muslims are not for stoning someone,not all are criminal.

Many cause problems when they come here,wanting what america has to offer but not having to work for it.

The ones that demand special consideration because of their religious beliefs. Refusing to assimilate into the country they "CHOSE" to come to.Refusing to learn the language so they could in fact find a job.It would be nice if we didn't have to pay for a hospital/DR interpreter at 45.00 per hour because they do refuse to learn english.

Those that do everything within their power to make a life here are not resented.Those that come here wanting what they left at home without effort on their part are.

Those that sue at the drop of a hat for the many perceived wrongs against them.If you are illegal go home and go thru the process. Don't ask or demand for more accommodations for your beliefs than american citizens born here are granted.

Yesterday MPLS arrested eighteen Muslim gang members,seventeen were illegals. Not good numbers.Are all muslims gang members illegal muslims? No.Enough are that cause a lot of problems and cost a great deal of money.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

...their are fundamental Muslim sects that would like to chop the head off from every Adventist believer in the world. I don't see there is any denying those facts.
adventists only? do they even know we exist?

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Originally Posted By: 2721ROCKS
Crazy how all muslims are judged on the actions of a very small minority.

I don't see how this statement fits into this thread. Has anyone in this thread judged *all* Muslims by the actions of the extremists? If so I missed it. Please cut and paste that from the post where it happened.

was that just a general observation 2721ROCKS-and comment-or applied to this thread?

• Members

Originally Posted By: rudywoofs
I wonder if they enjoy it or if anyone feels badly about *having* to do it...

This is from the link Bravus posted:

Quote:
The prisoner is buried either up to his waist (if male) or up to her shoulders (if female) and then pelted with stones by a crowd of volunteers until obviously battered to death.

I'm not allowed to state my opinion about this.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

This is not an accurate statement.

g

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

I wonder if they enjoy it or if anyone feels badly about *having* to do it...

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Just watch the conversations about them and it's not hard to miss.

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Quite intersting perspective Antcreations, both muslims and adventist do no eat pork and have similar views on drugs and alcohol. Also t seems that both muslims and adventist base there beliefs on some written authority. I was also informed that the 2nd coming of Jesus is stated in the Koran. I could live with the idea that Allah and God are the same and it is something I think is worth considering.

I wonder what muslims will think of our views of prophesy especially the ones in Daniel and Revelation ?

it was nice seeing these two posts, focusing on what we have in common and reaching out to them as opposed to looking for where we differ.... :)

it was nice seeing these two posts, focusing on what we have in common and reaching out to them as opposed to looking for where we differ.... :)
That's the best way to approach anyone, I think, no matter what their creed.

Originally Posted By: SivartM

g

If that is what you want to take away from what has been said it becomes truth.

What I find so puzzling is that if it concerns Muslims the fault cannot possibly lie with them.It is inconceivable to some that not all Muslims are wonderful,christian,hard working people that simply want a chance in America. It is not difficult for them to find plenty of evil americans that do nothing but persecute them for the actions of a very few.

There are fine people from every walk of life and religion.That does not take away from the damage,crime and refusal to assimilate into america.

Yesterday 18 somali's were arrested,17 were illegals.All from a gang.

We live in a small town of under 10,000. The last couple of years we have seen a great many immigrants move here. It is uncommon for them to move away from the area's where large groups of their country men have settled.

Those that invest their time,money and energy into a better life for their families are very well thought of and accepted.

That is only a small part of those that now live in our area.

Garage sales are very popular here.It is also a prime target for petty thieves.They come in groups and as some side track the owner others take whatever they can and get t their car.

It is not uncommon to go to the local flea market on Sunday and find some of your personal belongings for sale by those obviously a immigrant.

We have a large farmer's market that has much the same problem.It is not uncommon for a seller to find some of his produce now being sold by a immigrant.

Hopefully more growers will get away from immigrant labor. The one that has can no longer afford them and the damage they do to the housing he provided.

Employer's that will hire them hold their breath when they do. They always anticipate a lawsuit if accommodations are not made specifically for the Muslim religion.

When they try to haggle in some stores it gets to the point customers leave and go elsewhere.

Then we have those that work hard,are responsible for their children and do not expect special treatment because they are Muslim.They came here after pretty much what we all want and strive for. They rarely have any trouble and are well accepted.They make every effort to be friendly,and it usually is returned. Those not so few that cause problems do not want you to be their friend.

So in other words, we should not tolerate religion.

Maybe fccool can clarify.We have a new approach to robbery from somali muslims here. Go to the malls,the Mall of America is fun to. Three somali young men casually stroll into a electronics store while 2 friends are driving the get away car.No license plates for identification. The three in the store at a prearranged signal grab the electronic item of their and run.The car waiting outside quickly opens the doors and they are off.

Is it the Islam religion that teaches them such hate and intolerance or did you mean the religion of the store owner taught him to be intolerant of this type of behavior??

Is mainstream religion to blame for intolerance of groups coming to steal at garage sales?Or is the Islam religion to blame for this behavior?

More power to Richard Dawkins, and his idea that religion breeds intolerance, hatred and injustice.

Many false religions do breed intolerance.

• Moderators

But when 'true religions' breed it, it's not defined as intolerance, right?

Truth is important

I don't think the Adventist church denies having been intolerant at times. We also are quick to point out that in times of intolerance, we were departing from God's will.