ClubAdventist is back!

Is Farmville Sinful?

Dr. Shane

Just a poll nitpick, but Facebook is not a video game. :)

I don't think it's sinful, but I don't really play FB games much anyway.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

Correct, Facebook is not a video game itself. However there are many video games that are accessible from Facebook.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

who are u call'n a nitwit?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Fun fact: A lot time ago, I used to think that it was sinful to check my email on the Sabbath (actually, I don't even think I had email back then; I think I was just trying to convince my family not to check theirs).

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

If the mind and heart are focused on God; and likewise, if God is focused on spending time with His children...then, is it even possible that His child would be playing a video game? If yes, then what does that have to say about God?

No, we are not to play a video game, unless this game contains Bible verses and it is pertaining to God and the Bible :) Likewise a "Christian movie" would to totally fine, and listening to Christian radio and Christian TV is likewise fine... likewise going to a Christian library would be ok... as long as whatever we are doing has "Christian" in front of it, God is not offended.

So, unless it's a "Christian" farmville, where Character in the game would plant the seeds of God in the minds of men... playing farmville would be a sinful activity.

Likewise, making kids color anything other than Jesus feet (using glowing white crayon, of course)... would be sinful. Those puzzles that we make to occupy their time when they are bored, should likewise at least have some Biblical names. You know Mary, John, Mark, Peter... names like that.

There's no true value in anything outside our view of "Spiritual" and "Scriptural". It's absolutely impossible to have one's mind focused on God, and be in tune with God, and participate in "secular activities" ... like driving, for example... which we should only do if we drive to and from church.

I don't think it is a sin. It may not be the best use of your Sabbath hours, but I don't think it is a sin. To me it would be worse to be sitting around rushing the sun down so that you can play Farmville rather than logging on and playing. People through around the word "sin" way too much.