ClubAdventist is back!

Should we clap after Baptisms?

Woody

• Members

All these verses just say that they bowed not prostrating themselves!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overaged

• Woody

• Tom Wetmore

• Dr. Shane

LOL: I agree.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Manner of worshiping God is partly a cultral thing. Why do christians have a church and sit on the pews during worship service?

Won

This is an interesting question. Why sit on pews. During Ellen White's time they bought or rented a place to sit in church. Some of the pews were very expensive. The affluent would box off their own pew areas. Ellen's father rebelled against these practices.

(A little prophetess history brought to you free of charge by Woody)

And yes John317 ... I do read her books.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

pkrause!

1Chron. 29.20: ...and bowed their heads and prostrated themselves before the Lord ...

Won

My RSV doesn't say that, but my 2 Jewish Bibles do.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}