ClubAdventist is back!

Robert & Nico

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Recently I deleted a number of posts by Robert and Nico, and stated that I would send both of them a private e-mail on that matter. I have done so, and both have responded to me.

Robert has asked that I make a public statement on this matter. I consider his request to be fair, and I therefore do so here.

1) Both Robert and Nico are children of God who are on a spiritual journey. Both make posts in CA that I agree with, and both make posts with which I disagree. I have edited, or deleted posts made by both, and allowed to stand posts with which I personally disagreed, made by both.

2) Over the course of time, I have reviewed posts made by both, and allowed posts to stand that I considered to be border-line. This was my initial reaction as I reviewed their posts this morning--borderline, but allowable. As I continued my review, I decided that the posts were going down hill, and needed either editing or removal. Once I made that decision, I reviewed with a greater degree of strictness, and ultimately decided to remove posts made by both.

3) In private messages sent to both I have asked both to refrain from commenting in any way that could be considered to be a direct comment on either the person, or the post of the other. Yes, this may be somewhat subjective on my part. But, I feel that they have reached the point where it is unlikely that either will post messages helpful to the other.

4) I have not asked either to refrain from posting on subjects that the other may post on. All I have asked is that each not post in a manner that others will think that they are comment directly on the other, or their post. This will probably mean that each refrains from posting in a thead begun by the other, that remains on the origonal subject.

Gregory

I would like to take a minute and apologize for anything hurtful that I have said. Believe me, I am imperfect. Never claimed anything else, yet on the flip side I would like to experience God's love in and through me.

1] I don't like what Nico is saying (or what I think she is saying). However the bottom line is I have no right to question her sincerity. I should learn from my Master Jesus Christ, who Himself does not force or coerce.

2] I called Greg (in a private message) a bully. I didn't like him interfering, but really it is a good thing to have moderators here....After all I am like anyone else struggling with the flesh - I like to be right!

Truly Paul is correct when he states, "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

Robert

• Moderators

Thank you, Robert.

All of us, to inculde you and I are on a spiritual journey. At the end of that journey, may we all have arrived at that goal in God's kingdom.

You public response was quite gracious.

Gregory

I admire your response Robert. It shows humility and grace, an indication of a 'Christ-like spirit.' Yes, sometimes we get involved emotionally in our posting and can get carried away. Sometimes we encounter posters who also get carried away with their posts. At these times a moderator is entitled to use their descretion in removing posts. One may not agree with their call, however, that is their peragative. Do we need moderators? Past situations have shown they are necessary. So again Robert, thanks for your mature response to Greg's moderating.