ClubAdventist is back!

Dean: Fox News “Racist”

Dean: Fox News “racist”

The Fox News Channel’s handling of the Shirley Sherrod controversy “was absolutely racist,” former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean charged on Sunday.

Appearing on "Fox News Sunday," Dean, who's also a former Democratic national chairman and hero of liberals, asserted Fox News failed to vet video footage of a speech misleadingly excerpted to make it appear that Sherrod was boasting of using her post as an Agriculture Department official to discriminate against a white farmer.

“I don’t think Newt Gingrich is a racist, and I don’t think you’re a racist,” Dean told Fox News host Chris Wallace, “but Fox News did something that was absolutely racist. They took a – they had an obligation to find out what was really in the clip. They had been pushing a theme of black racism with this phony Black Panther [censored] and this business and this Sotomayor and all this other stuff.”

When Wallace interrupted Dean to point out that Fox did not air the excerpted Sherrod footage until after the Obama administration had fired her based on it , Dean shot back “It was about to go on Glenn Beck, which is what the administration was afraid of.”

And Dean mildly rebuked the Obama administration, as well, saying, “We’ve got to stop being afraid of Glenn Beck (a Fox News host) and the racist fringe of the Republican Party. But Fox News was not blameless during this. You played it up.”

Dean dismissed Wallace’s point about timing, asserting “you didn’t do your job,” and charging that Fox News has helped the Republican Party foster racism by focusing on allegations of reverse racism.

“The tea party called out their racist fringe and I think the Republican Party’s got to stop appealing to its racist fringe. And Fox News is what did that. You put that on,” Dean said. “Continuing to cater to this theme of minority racism and stressing comments like this – some of which are taken out of context – does not help the country knit itself together.”

FOX News Senior Vice President of News Michael Clemente responded later Sunday to Dean's assertions, firing back: "As we said this past week, some people such as the failed candidate Dean reflexively blame Fox for almost anything."

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this blog post incorrectly said that Fox News's website had posted the Breitbart clip before the administration had fired Sherrod.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I thought the hoop-la against Fox was they aired the video AND THEN OBAMA FIRED HER

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Administrators

Not according to the Media Matters Timeline - http://mediamatters.org/research/201007220004

FoxNews.com posted the story Monday morning, right after Beitbart posted it, before Sherrod resigned. Fox Nation posted the story and the edited tape at approximately 1:40pm, again before Sherrod had resigned.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Not according to the Media Matters Timeline - http://mediamatters.org/research/201007220004

FoxNews.com posted the story Monday morning, right after Beitbart posted it, before Sherrod resigned. Fox Nation posted the story and the edited tape at approximately 1:40pm, again before Sherrod had resigned.

Interesting. I thought we were to understand that you have your own thread that prohibits anyone to respond with a opposing opinion.Isn't that what this meant?.......

This should stay here for public viewing without comment from anyone here since hardly anyone here seems able to rationally discuss such topics without political poo being introduced into the conversation almost immediately.

Seems odd that you then seem to have this desire to correct those

here that can hardly be able to rationally discuss such topics without political poo being introduced into the conversation almost immediately.

Have you decided you like political @#$%%^^^? a are of a mind to go slumming for awhile

• Members

Excellent post Tom, its great that someone actually got a no spin report on this unfortunate situation. I was also under the impression that Fox had actually not reported on this but I was wrong. I don't blame Fox per se, they went with what they had. If we blame Fox we need to blame the WHs as well, etc. They all went off the deep end with this, obviously each had there own reason for what they did.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}