ClubAdventist is back!

Why Men Hate the Church

CGMedley

• Moderators

If any male has the attitude of being the 'head of his wife', he probably likes the idea that he has created an image to himself thru his wife...and any woman, who takes a man with this attitude, will be either down trodden herself, or is much wiser than the man will ever know....

Being the head of his wife doesn't mean the wife is not his equal or that she is inferior to him. Christ is equal with the Father, yet the Bible says God is the head of Christ. The same verse says the husband is the head of his wife. No husand who has a biblical understanding of what it means to be "head of the wife" is going to trodding her down. On the contrary, he's going to be building her up.

1 Cor. 11:3-16

But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. .... [7] For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. [8] For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. [9] Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. [10] That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. [11] Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; [12] for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God. .... [16] If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.

Ellen White stated many times, "The husband and father is the head of the household. ..." See AH 211-239. The same writer says the wife is the queen of the home.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

You know, I get tired of assertions with no evidence....And when people threaten me or say unkind things about me, I tend to get a bit rabid, ya know?

So, gordon, GIVE ME EVIDENCE of an absolute...let's see if it stands against the evidence that I have reasoned out....

Death is the only absolute...It is measurable and you can see it. Everyone dies...People lost hope when they saw death because they knew that it was coming to them...So, they made up religion...And some made up God....all because of death...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

... GIVE ME EVIDENCE of an absolute...let's see if it stands against the evidence that I have reasoned out....

Death is the only absolute...It is measurable and you can see it. Everyone dies...People lost hope when they saw death because they knew that it was coming to them...So, they made up religion...And some made up God....all because of death...

Is death the absolute, universal, ultimate nature of reality?

Must absolutes be measurable and visible?

One definition of Absolute is: The concept of an unconditional reality which transcends limited, conditional, everyday existence.

How are you using the term "absolute"?

It seems to me when you apply it to death, you are meaning that an absolute is "absolutely certain to happen." But is that how people are using the word when they speak of God as "absolute"? Don't they mean, rather, that God is the absolute, universal, ultimate nature of reality?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Administrators

Hmm...

I'm interested in the subject of the thread, why men hate the church. Does marriage have to do with that? That topic has been beaten to death.

What about the guys here on C/A? Do YOU hate the way church is set up? What would you rather see happen?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

What about the guys here on C/A? Do YOU hate the way church is set up? What would you rather see happen?

I don't hate the Church. In fact, I love it. There are, however, several things that I dislike about the church (.org). Most of the changes I would like to see have been listed earlier in this thread and do not bear repeating.

Agape`

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!