ClubAdventist is back!

Bible Readings for the Home-1889 edition, a little bit of our history

John317

• Moderators

What is the difference, if any, between the 1889 edition and the 1914 edition?

http://www.preparingforeternity.com/br1914/brhccontents.htm

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Is there a difference between the 1888 edition and the 1889 ?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Is there a 1888 edition?

There is a great difference between some of the editions of the Bible Readings For the Home, which is the reason I asked the question. For instance, the 1949 edition removes some important statements that occur in the 1914 edition, and re-writes some doctrinal views.

My question has to do with whether the 1889 edition teaches the same things as found in the 1914 edition.

I just did some research in Froom's Movement of Destiny (pp. 427, 428), and found evidence that the 1889 edition is radically different in that aspect from the 1914 edition.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Yes. I've sold a number of 1888 editions. Last week I sold an 1889 edition for $50.00 . The 1888 editions usually sell for more than the 1889s.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Have you read both editions before you sold them? If you have seen both editions, why are you asking if there is a difference between them?

What, for instance, do they teach on the human nature of Christ? They probably teach the same thing about it, but that would probably be different from what the 1914 edition teaches. However, I would like to know for sure.

If I read every book I sold .... I would have no time to sell them. :)

No. I haven't read them ... that's why I asked if there was a difference.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

If I read every book I sold .... I would have no time to sell them. :)

me, too!!! LOL

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

What is the earliest year you've seen for a copy of Bible Readings For the Home?