ClubAdventist is back!

The Shoes Liberal Celebrities Won't Wear

yo2-thumb-200x120-67.jpg

Primetime liberal comedians have it made. All they need to do is spend a few hours with a politically correct minority and -- voila! -- they're transformed into instant congressional experts. Democrats invited Stephen Colbert to drape himself in the more-compassionate-than-thou mantle last week on behalf of illegal alien migrant workers. But not all "people of color" are equal.

Minority Americans who have suffered the bloody consequences of open borders are out of luck. No Hollywood celeb wants to walk in their shoes.

After picking veggies for a day at an upstate New York farm, Colbert descended on Washington to lament the suffering of illegal agricultural workers. While "in character" as a conservative talk show host, he backhandedly mocked those who oppose a blanket AgJobs amnesty program by sneering, "U.S.A. Number One!" Many law-abiding citizens took offense -- and not just those who fit the entertainment world's stereotype of white, right-wing tea partiers.

Althea Rae Shaw of Los Angeles wrote an outraged open letter to Colbert after last week's Capitol Hill circus. She is the aunt of 17-year-old Jamiel Andre' Shaw II, a young black high-school student who was gunned down by an illegal alien gang member in 2008 amid brown-on-black violence in southern California. The Shaw family has spearheaded efforts to repeal dangerous sanctuary policies in Los Angeles that protect criminal illegal aliens and handcuff local law enforcement. "It truly breaks my heart that so many people in positions of power and authority continue to make light of illegal immigration," Shaw wrote to Colbert.

"Are you aware of, and/or concerned with, the fact that American citizens and legal immigrants are murdered every day by illegal aliens? Have you ever spent one second thinking about that?" the grieving aunt asked the smirky comic. "What if your mother was shot in the head by an illegal alien? Do you think you could make that funny? What about your children? Would it be comical if your daughter or your son or your niece or nephew was lying in the street dead, shot in the head by someone living in this country illegally?"

In her letter, Shaw recounted the horrific case of Cheryl Green for Colbert. She was a 14-year-old Los Angeles girl murdered by illegal alien gang members in 2006, along with another young resident who had witnessed the gang's violence. Cheryl's crime? Being black. Her killers were Latino gangbangers Jonathan Fajardo and Daniel Aguilar. Earlier this month, they were convicted of first-degree murder in a hate-crime trial where one of the Hispanic gang members testified bluntly: "Basically, we're against all black people."

No, not all illegal aliens are murderers. But neither are all illegal alien migrants harmless workers. And as too many families who will never get Colbert's attention or sympathy have come to understand, lax immigration enforcement might mean cheaper arugula in Manhattan -- but it also can cost untold lives across the heartland.

In Houston, Texas, 14-year-old Shatavia Anderson was gunned down last month by a twice-deported illegal alien from El Salvador who simply waltzed back into the country. Shatavia's grieving uncle, Joe Lambert, lambasted open-borders policies that send a signal that illegal aliens "can do whatever they want. What you're doing is giving them a green light telling them, 'Hey, you can do whatever you want.'" Lambert is lobbying for tougher immigration enforcement. "I would like to see what they're doing in Arizona done here."

I'd like to see the likes of Stephen Colbert (or the Obama administration) suggest that Lambert is an ignorant racist.

Putting American sovereignty and security first may invite scorn from elite character actors and their snickering Democratic enablers. But outside D.C.'s Open Borders Theater, there are no laugh tracks. Just tears. Shaw issued Colbert a challenge: "Why not invite about 40 families who lost loved ones due to illegal immigration to come to your studio? Then you can tell us all about your experience working on this farm. You can even tell us how bad your back was hurting when you were working with illegal aliens. I wonder how many families would laugh and think that's funny."

The Colbert Congress served one useful purpose: It showed America that Tinseltown's heart only bleeds out of its left chambers.

---

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/2010/10/malkin-the-shoes-liberal-celebrities-wont-wear.php

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• doug yowell

There isn"t anything compassionate about liberal's.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Most of the liberals I know are among the most compassionate people I do know. On the other hand, I know a lot (let me emphasize 'a lot') of cold-hearted conservatives. If only the conservatives were all compassionate conservatives like George W. the world would be such a nicer place to live in. Unfortunately, I fear the cold-hearted variety is taking over the Republican party. Let's pray enough compassionate liberals stay in office to hold back the ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives.

That would be what schemes. Let us not forget conservatives give more out of pocket and of their personal time than libera's who tend to want government to do it

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Shane you sound like you have been drinking at the kool-aid fountain of liberal mis-information and lies, for way too long. When you say things like:

"ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives"

it lets me know that you really don't have a clue. The liberals know that if they repeat a lie long enough in the mainstream media, that it becomes the truth in the minds of many people like yourself.

But just because you believe it, doesn't change the fact that it's still just a lie. 180 degrees opposite of the truth. You really disappoint me. It's not like you don't have a brain that you could use, if you wanted to.

Shane you sound like you have been drinking at the kool-aid fountain of liberal mis-information and lies, for way too long. When you say things like:

"ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives"

it lets me know that you really don't have a clue. The liberals know that if they repeat a lie long enough in the mainstream media, that it becomes the truth in the minds of many people like yourself.

I am waiting to find out what ...ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives" are.

Most of the liberals I know are among the most compassionate people I do know. On the other hand, I know a lot (let me emphasize 'a lot') of cold-hearted conservatives. If only the conservatives were all compassionate conservatives like George W. the world would be such a nicer place to live in. Unfortunately, I fear the cold-hearted variety is taking over the Republican party. Let's pray enough compassionate liberals stay in office to hold back the ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives.
I don't mean to be cold-hearted,Shane, but that statement ranks among the most ignorant statements you've ever posted.Sorry, you should be embarrassed.

Originally Posted By: Shane
I don't mean to be cold-hearted,Shane, but that statement ranks among the most ignorant statements you've ever posted.Sorry, you should be embarrassed.

I would be happy if Shane would produce the proof he demands from others.

What cruel and wicked schemes is Shane referring to

Originally Posted By: Shane

I felt the exact same way when I saw it. I just don't express myself as well as some do.

I still would like to know what the ruthless,cruel and wicked schemes are and where I can find them

That would be nice. Maybe Shane is doing some deep undercover research, trying to find them.

• Members

I don't buy that for one minute. But unlike Shane I know as many compassionate conservative's as liberals and non-compassionate liberals as conservative's.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: bonnie
I still would like to know what the ruthless,cruel and wicked schemes are and where I can find them

That would be nice. Maybe Shane is doing some deep undercover research, trying to find them.

He'd better be real careful. You know how those ruthless conservatives respond when they find out you're not one of them!!

I don't buy that for one minute. But unlike Shane I know as many compassionate conservative's as liberals and non-compassionate liberals as conservative's.

Yep,I agree.The only difference is that generally liberals portray themselves as compassionate and conservatives as evil. Conservatives see themselves as compassionate and portray liberals as sincerely misguided.I think Shane just parroted the party line.

Really depends on how you define compassionate. Compassion to me is not the open ended welfare to able bodied individuals.Keeping those that live this way subservient and dependent on others thru forced giving thru the rape of taxes.

Dependence breeds contempt.Blaming the dysfunction of a family on poverty so we need to give more with out any expectations is not working.The poor have a pretty easy ride thru college,we pay their day care if needed,plus their medical and housing. Most do not take advantage of that. They simply keep their hand out and we oblige in keeping them just where they are. Poor does not equal stupid.Poor frequently does equal lack of motivation.

If poverty were to blame and more money was necessary to correct that explain to me why the dysfunctional families among the rich and middle class.What are we to throw at them to cure their problems? The Kennedy's come to mind.Money to buy almost anything they wanted.

We have our version of the Kennedy family here in the Dayton family.

Mark Dayton running for governor is the poster child for dysfunctional. Said to be bi-polar,admitted alcoholic that falls off the wagon,suffers from depression as well. He was our senator once.Time magazine voted him the worst senator in history,a accusation Dayton concurred with. It would be a mistake to think he could not win.His one over riding theme is

tax the rich more. If being rich is such a problem for him I would suggest he give it to the poor.

I am waiting to find out what ...ruthless, cruel and wicked schemes of those cold-hearted conservatives" are.

Where should we start?

Cold-hearted conservatives:

• Want to deport hard-working honest latinos because they are guilty of a misdemeanor and can't speak English
  • Want to have English-only education in public schools so that Spanish-speaking students fall behind their English-speaking peers
  • Want establish an artificial time line for welfare recipients forcing single and divorced moms into prostitution or worse
  • Want to boost profits of wealthy small-businessmen by allowing them to pocket the money that should be used to provide health insurance for the employees that produce the work that make them a success.
  • Want to allow credit card companies to take advantage of the elderly, poor and ignorant so the wealthy can take free trips on fancy jets and stock holders can get big dividends.
  • Want to do away with the IRS and create a consumption tax which places the tax burden on the poor and lower-middle class
  • Want to abolish the EPA and allow industry to patrol itself

Cold-hearted conservatives:

Quote:
[*]Want to deport hard-working honest latinos because they are guilty of a misdemeanor and can't speak English

Ridiculous, honest latino's are not here illegally. They are not deported because they can't speak english. If legals refuse to learn to speak english as aa aid in better employment they should not be eligible for welfare.They should have the motivation to help themselves wherever possible. Classes in english are free

Quote:
[*]Want to have English-only education in public schools so that Spanish-speaking students fall behind their English-speaking peers

Don't you just hate it when in a english speaking country education is in english? There is no reason for them to fall behind. German students that attended our small church school did not speak one word of english at the beginning of the year. No translator and by the end of the year they were quite fluent in english and at the level of their classmates.

My granddaughter spent a year in Spain for college.She did not know spanish and no english was allowed to be spoken. When she came home she was fluent in spanish,how do you suppose that happened? Could motivation play a part?

Quote:
[*]Want establish an artificial time line for welfare recipients forcing single and divorced moms into prostitution or worse

By all means,let's not put restrictions on hand outs.The prostitutution claim is about as far fetched as they come.They can go to school,have daycare and the rest provided. Let them use it wisely

Quote:
[*]Want to boost profits of wealthy small-businessmen by allowing them to pocket the money that should be used to provide health insurance for the employees that produce the work that make them a success.

Good thing you are not a small business owner with your understanding of wealth and pocketing the money. Most small businesses provide insurance.Even if they don't,if they pay a fair wage let the employee use his money wisely and buy his own

Quote:
[*]Want to allow credit card companies to take advantage of the elderly, poor and ignorant so the wealthy can take free trips on fancy jets and stock holders can get big dividends.

The elderly and poor are not stupid. If they are being taken advantage of it would be wise not to have a credit card.Not one person has been forced at gun point to apply for a credit card.

Those that invest money should expect good returns.be pretty stupid to place your money where that is not true.

Really never thought of my son as wealthy but he used his frequent flyer miles to purchase plane tickes for my husband and I.I will be sure to tell him he is a wealthy man

Quote:
[*]Want to do away with the IRS and create a consumption tax which places the tax burden on the poor and lower-middle class

How would a consumption tax fall to the poor.If they are poor I can flat out guarantee you they are not consuming as my fairly wealthy brother and SIL are.

The IRS should be abolished along with it's gajillion laws that they do not even understand

Quote:
[*]Want to abolish the EPA and allow industry to patrol itself

The EPA should be abolished. I am quite sure that regulations could be placed without that monstrosity

Can we assume that you have actually heard or read the intent of the cold hearted conservatives? Or are you putting Shane's theory as fact.It would be interesting to see who has said they would like to see spanish speaking students fall behind and the rest of what you claim as fact

• Want to deport hard-working honest latinos because they are guilty of a misdemeanor and can't speak English
  • Want to have English-only education in public schools so that Spanish-speaking students fall behind their English-speaking peers
  • Want establish an artificial time line for welfare recipients forcing single and divorced moms into prostitution or worse
  • Want to boost profits of wealthy small-businessmen by allowing them to pocket the money that should be used to provide health insurance for the employees that produce the work that make them a success.
  • Want to allow credit card companies to take advantage of the elderly, poor and ignorant so the wealthy can take free trips on fancy jets and stock holders can get big dividends.
  • Want to do away with the IRS and create a consumption tax which places the tax burden on the poor and lower-middle class
  • Want to abolish the EPA and allow industry to patrol itself

It would be interesting to see who has said they would like to see Spanish speaking students fall behind and the rest of what you claim as fact.

It is well documented that children of Spanish-only-speaking parents fall behind when mainstreamed into English-only schools. Bio-lingual education will transition Spanish-speaking students into English-only classes. In fact, Spanish-speaking students must speak English before they can graduate high school. Bio-lingual education produces students that do not fall behind in math, science and social studies while learning English. Bio-lingual education's failure is with those that don't want to learn English. Sadly, there are many of those. Putting them into an English-only environment has been shown to only cause them to drop out of school. Regardless which language a person speaks, if they don't want to learn, we can't make them. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Quote:
English is not the official language in the US. (Although cold-hearted conservatives would like to change that) The US is the fourth largest Spanish-speaking nation in the world.

Employment is predominatly english speaking. Regardless of the number of spanish speaking people here.

If you don't want to learn to help yourself when help is free,Tough cookies.

Quote:
I wish it was. In Germany, where prostitution is legal, women are denied unemployment if they refuse to become prostitutes. That is cold hearted. Of course the cold-hearted conservatives in the US just cover their eyes. See no evil, hear no evil. It doesn't matter what desperate widows and divorcees do as long as they don't get the welfare dime.

When you are desperate by choice guess they should be allowed to do as they wish. They have years on welfar to take advantage of training and or college.If they have to be whipped in that direction they are not to interested

Quote:
Actually, I am a small business manager and must compete with those unethical small businesses that deny their employees basic healthcare needs. Many of my competitors make larger margins on projects because they deny their employees benefits. But soon the playing field will be level

It will be almost fun to watch some of you play on the level playing field.

A employer cannot deny basic health care to anyone,insurance or not.

I know you consider yourself on the same level as small business owners but you still play with some one else's bank account.

Many are no longer going to be able to pay the increase in cost and will turn employee's over to the tender mercies of the government

If a fair and competative wage is paid that is what the employer owes the employee.Along with safe working conditions

Quote:
(Thanks you President Obama [we love you])

Let us all genuflect.

Quote:
No they get fooled into accepting them. Just like Satan fooled Eve. But a day is coming when those in charge of credit card companies will burn in the lake of fire with Satan (unless they repent of their evil, credit-card ways) Praise God President Obama has curbed some of the wicked deeds of those credit card companies.

What a crock.Oh,I forgot,you reserve the right to damn others to hell

Quote:
The poor have the least amount of disposable income. The percentage of income that would be paid in tax would be the greatest to the poor. They would pay tax on food, clothing and all basic needs. While the rich would pay more tax in dollars, the percentage of their income paid in taxes would be a far smaller number than the percentage of the poor person's income paid in tax. Notice, the only people that want a consumption tax to replace the income tax are the rich folks.

Goodness, I am just learning from Shane how many of my friends are wealthy that want this. They will be pleased

English before they can graduate high school. Bio-lingual education produces students that do not fall behind in math, science and social studies while learning English. Bio-lingual education's failure is with those that don't want to learn English. Sadly, there are many of those. Putting them into an English-only environment has been shown to only cause them to drop out of school. Regardless which language a person speaks, if they don't want to learn, we can't make them. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

No you can not make them learn,however you can quit subsidizing their refusal.

Just as my granddaughter learned spanish and kept up very good grades without one word of english spoken,those coming here have a choice to make. Attendfree classes and learn what you need to, to become independent or go/stay home

No you can not make them learn, however you can quit subsidizing their refusal.

They drop out of school. Those that refuse to learn drop out. One must speak English to graduate high school. If it wasn't for bio-lingual education, those that refuse to learn would drop out even quicker. Better to have them in school than on the streets. Cheaper to pay for their education than their incarceration.