ClubAdventist is back!

Islam in France; Harbinger for America

bonnie

• Moderators

In France and much of Europe, it is not so obvious, but I live in England, and Christianity is barely tolerated these days, as is true in much of Europe sadly...

Christianity is barely tolerated? That's weird statement. I grew up in the uk. I lived there until 2002. I have family and friends there. I have Pastored there. Tolerated? Are you sure you live there?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

It seems odd that muslims would immigrate in large numbers to a religious intolerant country.

Most countries that do have a large population of followers of Islam have the same concerns.Why is that? Do you believe that all of these countries suddenly hate muslims after allowing them to immigrate ?

Is it possible in your mind that maybe the muslims themselves cause many of the problems they see as discrimination?

Any country where there is a large and growing immigrant population will have concerns. Mexicans, Moslems doesn't matter, right Bonnie?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Originally Posted By: bonnie
It seems odd that muslims would immigrate in large numbers to a religious intolerant country.

Most countries that do have a large population of followers of Islam have the same concerns.Why is that? Do you believe that all of these countries suddenly hate muslims after allowing them to immigrate ?

Is it possible in your mind that maybe the muslims themselves cause many of the problems they see as discrimination?

Any country where there is a large and growing immigrant population will have concerns. Mexicans, Moslems doesn't matter, right Bonnie?

When you have a large community of one group/nationality/religion that hasn't the slightest desire to fit in with the culture of their new country you will have problems.Those that come here that work hard at learning english and customs so they are suited for decent employment do not cause problems.

In one of our newer housing developments behind us we have a pretty good mix of different religions and nationalites.I don't personally know any of them other than to stop and chat when I was able to go for walks.They seem to do well in the community and mix with their neighbors. I do have neighbors that know them and they speak very highly of them.It is the legal immigrant that has done everything they could to learn what they need to learn to provide for themselves that have such a distaste for "the others'.

Families that intergrate generally are not the ones with their children in gangs.

They are not on welfare and generaly do very well in the workplace.

Those that congregate in clusters with like minded individuals do not advance.Welfare is what takes care of them. The more they are given the more they demand. World of difference between the two groups.

The trailer court a couple of blocks from us has one half of it that is made up of immigrants and whites that fleece the system.

There have been many attempts to befriend them and work with them to help them with skills to do better.

They simply want nothing to do with anyone other than their "own"

There really isn't any reason to as they are surrounded by friends and family. The taxpayer feed,clothes and takes care of all other needs.Why go to the effort?

Their children run wild and even at a young age cause problems.And that is made up mainly of muslims,mexicans and white. You could not possibly even let your children play or associate with them. Children will urinate in the streets and very freely give anyone driving by the finger. These children can be as young as 6-7.They are also very free with derogatory racial slurs to whites.

You are right in one sense,it doesn't matter if they are mexican or muslim or white.

We have a mexican immigrant family on our street. When he arrived here he was flat broke.Extremely hard work and a desire to assimilate has changed his personal situation into a middle class family.

Many people have tried to break thru that barrier and they are not welcome.Those like our neighbor have tried to give a hand up to many mexicans.Some respond well and go on to do same and others resent any attempt to help them live a better life.

I am sure you will still try to turn this into a racial/bigoted situation on my part.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Originally Posted By: Twilight

In France and much of Europe, it is not so obvious, but I live in England, and Christianity is barely tolerated these days, as is true in much of Europe sadly...

Christianity is barely tolerated? That's weird statement. I grew up in the uk. I lived there until 2002. I have family and friends there. I have Pastored there. Tolerated? Are you sure you live there?

Quite sure...

Maybe you haven't heard the story of the teacher who prayed for a student and was sacked?

Or the story where the Christian owner of a Bed & Breakfast was taken to court for refusing to allow two homosexual men to share a bed in her home?

I can assure you, that the UK society is very intolerant to Christianity...

The best wisdom is always second hand...

• Moderators

That doesn't mean the UK is intolerant. I think you're overstating it.Of course the UK has changed in its attitudes towards Christianity. The chickens have come home to roost!

UK Christians only have themselves to blame for the state of Christianity in the UK.

Einstein

That doesn't mean the UK is intolerant. I think you're overstating it.Of course the UK has changed in its attitudes towards Christianity. The chickens have come home to roost!

UK Christians only have themselves to blame for the state of Christianity in the UK.

I disagree with your argument and summary. :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...