ClubAdventist is back!

The Autism Spectrum Quotient Test

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

This is very interesting. 50 questions. Average score is 16. See what your score is for autistic characteristics:

Autism Spectrum Quotient Test

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

My number was 23, so I guess I'm good. :)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

The higher you are, the more likely you are to have autistic characteristics...

I got a 34. I'm not really too surprised..

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

22 for me, surprisingly. I was expecting higher.

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Members

I scored a 20

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Did those of you who did this test comply with a request to permit personal information to be pulled from Facebook? I guess

the link went through there. I declined and so I have not done

the test.

Edit: went in directly from Google and scored 17. In good company here I see :)

I got 10... feeeling a little down over that.... You know low levels of "autism" IS linked to a higher artistic sense, and to genius... so 10.. wow.. thats REALLY uninspiring.... lol...

• Members

You know low levels of "autism" IS linked to a higher artistic sense, and to genius.

Actually, I do believe the opposite is true.

• Administrators

I did what Nan did and Googled instead of going through FB.

My score is 20- pretty normal.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I like those tests! Have you got any more?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I'll see what I can find! :smile:

Originally Posted By: Paula
You know low levels of "autism" IS linked to a higher artistic sense, and to genius.

Actually, I do believe the opposite is true.

Hey Pam, I should have specified "Autism Spectrum". People with ADD/ADHD are considered to be in the Autism Spectrum (lower, more moderate form of autism), and it has been linked by some studies to higher IQ and higher Artistic levels. There is even a book about it called, The Edison Trait, after Thomas Edison, who apparently demonstrated traits of ADD.

• Moderators

I think that Paula wrote 'low levels of autism', which ironically would mean higher numbers on this test (low numbers on the test essentially mean no autism, so I guess middle numbers relate to 'low levels of autism' and high numbers to higher levels of autism...) And I think that may have confused rudywoofs' response...

I could be wrong.

Truth is important

• Moderators

...and I suspect it is more about focus and achievement than raw intelligence. Although it's obviously complex, the geek stereotype of the person who is awkward with people but great with computers is not wholly unfounded. That's compounded by people who are just highly intelligent being tagged as 'ADD' because they're just bored off their brains in school...

Truth is important

• Moderators

My score was 13. But doing this test I learned a whole lot of things about what autism must feel like. Very much tunnel-vision, yet easily distractable [does that make sense?]. Smart with numbers.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Autism is a relationship disorder, is it not? People with autism may have no or little speech. High-functioning autistic people, and people with Asperger's Syndrome, appear relatively normal in work situations, etc., but have difficulty with close relationships like boy-girl, marriage, etc.

This test was very broad, not giving enough info to really understand exactly what aspects of autism might be present.

There is also a close relative of autism which is labeled PDD-NOS, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, which is not in the Manual of Disorders, but seems like autism. Children diagnosed that way cannot receive as many needed services as a person with a more definite diagnosis.

I've rarely enjoyed group social settings, including church. Was pretty much a loner in my younger days. Day-dreamed through 12 years of school. Was into electronics and amateur radio in high school. I liked the Morse Code part, but not the blah, blah, blah on the AM bands.

I always enjoyed math, though, and took calculus and differential equations and physics in college just for fun. Now I wish I had a math degree. I don't think I could have stood up in front of a class to teach at that time, though. I liked mathematics because it was either right or wrong. There were no distortions or opinions or horse apples like there were in other subjects or in real life.

I really can't explain how I ended up getting married. It probably wouldn't have happened if my future wife didn't already have a couple of cute little daughters. I enjoyed their company and their imaginations. I guess they were kind of like a bridge to an adult relationship, an ice breaker.

Sorry, I get so intense about some ideas here that I sometimes write things that probably tend to offend the more sensitive readers. My wife has helped me a lot by giving me feedback on some of the things I shouldn't have said. Ha Ha

Today, I sit through Sabbath School, on the rare occasions I do attend, with great thoughts, but someone else is always talking, always regurgitating the same old stuff, always skipping on to the next subject. I really enjoy looking at the scriptures from a different angle than the SDA denominational beliefs, and think of the Last Days often, and the Kingdom of God, trying to figure it all out.

Sure, I get shot down here from time to time, but I expect it. I just go back to my corner for a while until I see something else I have an opinion on, then share it.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Actually, a lot of people are saying that autism is a difference rather than an "illness." There are those who cannot function, but there are also those who do quite well, yet have problems with closeness.

Another aspect which wasn't covered very much in the quiz was that sometimes people get very focused on one thing, kind of lke a hobby, but more like an obsession, which takes up a majority of their time. Examples: one could name the make and model of every car coming down the road, or some other specific thing. Their lives are very skewed, and not balanced.

Autism is not a bad thing, if one can function well, and is content with how their life is.

• 13 years later...
  • Members

This School for Autistic Youth Can Cost $573,200 a Year. It Operates With Little Oversight, and Students Have Suffered.

No state agency has authority over Shrub Oak, one of the country's most expensive therapeutic boarding schools. As a result, parents and staff have nowhere to report bruised students and medication mix-ups.

https://www.propublica.org/article/shrub-oak-school-autism-new-york-education-oversight?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}