ClubAdventist is back!

Reconecting with my cousin Sammy

phkrause

• Members

Haven't really been close to my Jewish family. They have always kept us at a distance even though all us kids or at least my cousin Sammy and my brother and I have tried getting us back together. He called me today after I guess my brother found him on the internet. He has written one book and has a second one that he is starting. Here is a link for anyone that wants to read chapter one of his new book. It was very moving for me because my father was in the same situation as his father and mother. Its not to long.

http://visitsthebook.com/chapter-one/#comment-1084

Enjoy and if you don't, don't worry I'll understand. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

That's awesome that you have been able to reconnect, pk! I hope that your refound relationship grows a big blessing!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Thanks for sharing that, pk! I found it to be extremely interesting. It's going to be a very good book. It's hard to imagine that some people don't believe the Holocaust really happened.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Very interesting chapter, pk. I don't know if it's correct to say that I enjoyed it, but I do think it's well written. That kind of book ought to be required reading for juniors and seniors in high school. Many of the things your cousin writes about remind me of the film, Schindler's List. I simply can't imagine going through such horror.

Is he your cousin on your mother's side or on your father's?

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Very interesting chapter, pk. I don't know if it's correct to say that I enjoyed it, but I do think it's well written. That kind of book ought to be required reading for juniors and seniors in high school. Many of the things your cousin writes about remind me of the film, Schindler's List. I simply can't imagine going through such horror.

Is he your cousin on your mother's side or on your father's?

My Fathers side. I believe he's the last relative left on my Fathers side. And as far as enjoying, maybe that's not the word to use but its the only one I could think of. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}