ClubAdventist is back!

Elizabeth Edwards Succumbs to Cancer

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

Elizabeth Edwards has died, today, at age 61, from cancer. She was the wife of John Edwards of North Carolina, former candidate for president of the United States.

www.newsobserver.com/2010/12/06/847131/cancer-claims-elizabeth-edwards.html

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

JEANNIEB43

I am sure she will be missed by her family and friends

I'm sure she will be, too, but dgrimm- isn't there anything more profound that you can say about this courageous woman than what you say for every obituary that we post? I thought that she was quite remarkable in the light of all that she suffered.

I don't mean to be picky, BUT...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

I agree, Gail. She was a successful lawyer who gave up her law practice to be a full-time mother to her children and wife to her husband. She lost her 16-year-old son to an auto accident; she then at age 40 determined to have more children, so took high doses of hormones and was able to have two more children. Then she campaigned with her husband as he ran for vice president, and then later for president, both times unsuccessfully. Then she lost her husband to an affair. Now she has lost her own life to cancer, going through six years of illness in the process. All the time, through all of this, she continued her very public life, campaigning for her husband and for causes which were dear to her. She never complained in public, never cried in public. She lived her life fully to the very end.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Administrators

Well done, dgrimm!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.