ClubAdventist is back!

Elder Neal C. Wilson RIP

Stan

Dear Colleagues:

It is with sadness we communicate to you the passing of Pastor Wilson’s father, Elder Neal C. Wilson, earlier this afternoon. Pastor Wilson, his sister Shirley, and his wife, Nancy, had been caring for him during the last few days. The family will have a private graveside service later this week. A Memorial Service is being planned for a date to be determined. Details will be shared as soon as they are available. Please keep Elder Wilson and his family in your prayers during this very difficult time.

In lieu of flowers memorial gifts may be sent to: Adventist Development and Relief Agency, Adventist Heritage Ministry, Adventist World Radio or Christian Record Services for the Blind.

(Message came from)

Orville D. Parchment

Assistant to the President

post-2-140967445947_thumb.jpg

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Moderators

I'm sorry to hear this. Thanks for letting us know.

I still think of him the way I saw him at the GC in Dallas in 1980.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Interesting.

He lived long enough to see his son elected president of the General Conference -- a goal I'm sure he had shared with his son for years. [However, he may not have been well enough to understand it, if he's been ill for some time.]

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

Anyone know when N.C. Wilson's own father passed away? He was at one time a vice-president of the GC.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

Anyone know when N.C. Wilson's own father passed away? He was at one time a vice-president of the GC.

My sympathy to the Wilson family. I've also wondered when his parents died. In my first nursng school rotation he was my first patient. They were living at a nursing home in Loma Linda where they both shared a room that they made into a nice little home. There were some other retired church leaders too and it was neet to hear their stories. Elder Wilson's father was 100 years old and his wife was 99.

• Moderators

I'm interested in knowing about what year was it when you knew the parents? I knew them at a church in what is now Moreno Valley (old Sunnymead). That was in 1975-1977. He was the associate pastor and I was an assistent pastor.

By the way, was the nursing home you worked at by any chance on Cole Street, near the Veteran's Hospital?

It must have been that nursing home as it was near the VA. I took the class that had it's labs there in the fall of 1991.

What a privilege to have cared for him.

However, this sharing is a HIPAA violation. An individual's medical information is still protected after death.

Pindoc

• Moderators

HIPAA wasn't in existence yet in 1991.

But talking about one's patients outside of the location is still a violation of professional ethics.

[Though I don't think merely mentioning that they were there when he was doing his nursing school rotation qualifies as unethical.]

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....