ClubAdventist is back!

Hubert Belisle, 86, Bx., NY

abelisle

• Members

My father died on Mon. 1/3/11 from the after-effects of a stroke. He was born in Honduras (2/25/24) but raised in British Honduras, now known as Belize. When he came to the US and joined the US Army near the end of WW II, he became a US citizen.

He met my mother who was a displaced person from Latvia while both of them were in Germany. I was born in Mannheim, Germany in 1948 and traveled to the USA with my mother in 1949 , becoming a naturalized citizen.

My father was a devout Adventist, always participating in church activities, very much involved in evangelism, church growth and giving Bible studies. His forte was making friends with just about everyone he met. This aspect of his personality reflected that of his Savior, Jesus Christ in his passionate interest in others that facilitated their interest in becoming Christians.

It was my father's love for others that was his method of evangelism. Wanting to grow a church in the Bronx where he lived, he started a branch Sabbath School coming from the Jackson Heights church in Queens, NY. It was very successful and finally he and his good friend Mike Donadio found an old church for sale which became the present day Morris Park SDA church.

He is survived by his wife, 2 children, 4 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild.

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Thank you for this Alex.

I sense that you have many of the good traits of your father. Sounds like a man of God.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Wow Alex didn't realize Hubert was 86. Always thought he was a little younger than my Mom. As I mentioned before he will definitely be missed. He was like a second father to me all those years we lived in NY. Do hope the rest of the family is doing well.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 1 month later...

Dear Alex:

I just spoke with my Dad George Belisle who use to live in New York and is now residing in Honduras. He send his condolences. I am George's daughter Debbie Belisle. I am in process of doing research and finding all of the Belisle Clan. I hope you respond to this email so we can connect. I currently reside in St. Louis, MO.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am certain from reading your fathers biography he is in a better place.

Debbie Belisle.