ClubAdventist is back!

Elimination of "evil" and "suffering" the ultimate goal?

fccool

Your posts say what I have said - you question people's intelligence; and then try to say you are looking for truth. I am only repeating what you say in your posts; what else can we go by?

Your position is not the question "How Does Christianity Eliminate evil & suffering;" rather, it is, How intelligent is anyone who believes other than you do, I wont't back down from that because you said it. And I am questioning that. true; it is off topic, but that's why I am pointing it out. Stop judging people yourself.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fccool

• Overaged

• cardw

• Sonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Woody! You are right - atleast I can partially agree with you about opinions. surrender

And I can trust"

Thanks for nothing Tom. You just reminded me why I need to stay away from this forum

And I can trust"

why only partially Overaged.

just go for it and come over completely to the right side.

you can DO it. (well at least that is my 'opinion') smile smile

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Sonny,

There is really no point in dialoging with you further. You don't respond to the points but simply keep preaching.

And you demonstrate where all these conversations ultimately end up with most Christians. When you can't use reason, you present threats of death and torture.

It demonstrates that Christianity isn't about love at all. It's about fear. It's about conforming under threats of violence.

No threats at all....You see when you reject Christ you reject reason. And it shows in your responses. You have a legalistic, narrow-minded view of Christianity.

• Members

I don't see cardw having a legalistic view at all. I do see him having a narrow-minded view of Christianity because of statements like yours and other so called Christians.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

I also have known of many who have left the church due to a certain understanding of Christianity and consequent disillusionment, as well as other people adding to their experience in a negative way. Richard is not alone by any means.

Just the fact that Rich has tolerated us for as many years as he has, while almost always being opposed in one way or another, says something! I do hope that one day he can see that while some do share his experince, many others have quite a happy existance within the faith realm that we have.

I do enjoy the discussion. :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

If you can't see yourself as a sinner, through Christ's Spirit, you are self-righteous. That's having a legalistic view. Everyone who denies Christ has a righteous view of himself/herself.

The Jews made the same mistake as many agnostics. They didn't need Christ - they had the law. They were good, decent people. Yet these same individuals murdered the Son of God.

• Administrators

I have unlocked this topic now. Let's keep the tone respectful and keep the ad hominem commentary out of the conversation.

Thanks,

Tom

As Moderator

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)