• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pastor_Chick

• skyblue888

• Dr. Shane

• Stan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do either of you have membership in the Adventist church?

It would be strange to have dual membership wouldn't it Stan?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Appears to be fraud in my book Stan.
Aahh, Woody my friend, for fraud one must show intent. The court clearly said they never intended to defraud the GC. What was predicted in 1888 about Adventists becoming a commercial business some day has now been proven.

What do you call it then Dr. RIch?

I believe in Hematology.

I can call it fraud if I deem it fraud. I don't have the same terms as the court might.

Legally it may not be. I will give you that. But it still don't pass the smell test.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Stan
is there such a thing as Christian Fraud?

Here is an "inspired answer":

Originally Posted By: EGW
The acquisition of property [particularly intellectual property in modern times] becomes a mania with some. Every time the golden rule is violated, Christ is abused in the person of His saints. Every advantage that is taken of fellow mortals, be they saints or sinners, will stand as fraud in the Ledger of Heaven. (4T 490; brackets supplied)

Lots of mistakes were made on this whole issue. I wrote an article about this many years ago and the SDA black blog site still has it up as one of their best articles explaining proplems with church and religious related organizations. It is my own opinion that both sides refused to 'back down' any and the court errored on not being able to find common ground for both to give in to come to a settlement. Seems to me that the 'church' at fault failed to seek a peaceful remedy and/or failed to even consider another possibility (as we now see) and perhaps they even wanted the battle as did with David Koresh. Oh well......

Lots of mistakes were made on this whole issue. I wrote an article about this many years ago and the SDA black blog site still has it up as one of their best articles explaining proplems with church and religious related organizations. It is my own opinion that both sides refused to 'back down' any and the court errored on not being able to find common ground for both to give in to come to a settlement. Seems to me that the 'church' at fault failed to seek a peaceful remedy and/or failed to even consider another possibility (as we now see) and perhaps they even wanted the battle as did with David Koresh. Oh well......

Dr. Rich,

You may find "problems", "mistakes", or other "faults" with my beliefs or actions. However, IF you choose to trample on my conscience (suggesting I should have "back[ed] down" or compromised), that is a grave "mistake" on your part. I do not judge you myself, for I have no desire or authority to judge any soul.

The SDA Church started the brawl with David Koresh, and that was also a "grave mistake." The SDA Church started a similar conflict with us. We know all who pick fights are called "bullies." "Religious bullies" are the most evil.

And, all who live by the sword shall die by the same.

Chick

I wrote correctly that "it seems" to me.... I have not had the opportunity to investigate or judge you or your church, as that is NOT my job either. My job is to see if there is another way to settle this matter without hurting anyone's pride. I guess not....

I'm now wondering if the GC will sue everyone who says that they are an Adventist but finds that they don't agree with all of the doctrines??? Didn't God say that it is His job to do the gardening?

• Administrators

May I suggest that Pastor McGill has received much more publicity for his group by tagging on to an already well established name than had he been original and used a new name that would have established his groups as an independent group with new light..

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators
I'm now wondering if the GC will sue everyone who says that they are an Adventist but finds that they don't agree with all of the doctrines??? Didn't God say that it is His job to do the gardening?
Don't you think that is a bit over-the-top? crazy

May I suggest that Pastor McGill has received much more publicity for his group by tagging on to an already well established name than had he been original and used a new name that would have established his groups as an independent group with new light..

21 years of ministry for a few segments on a local ABC affiliate seems like a pretty diminishing return.

The tried for how many years to have you correct this? 15 years?

Zero before the lawsuit. No requests or attempts at reason were ever sent or received. The first and only word has been through litigation, despite several outreaches on our part over twenty - not fifteen - years. I seem to recall a letter mistakenly sent to us in 2005 that was addressed to a Davidian website operator. I suppose you may count that if you wish.

why not use a name that is not already taken?

"Creation Seventh Day Adventist" was already taken before we were given it? That comes as news to me.

Now you KNOW what you said is not true, Pastor Chick talked about meeting with Wally Carson 15+ years ago over this issue. That is about as close to a lie as you could post.

They spend years trying to avoid litigation. There are all kinds of things on Pastor Chick website showing various contacts over the years.

REALLY? You did not know Seventh-day Adventist was already taken? Leeching off the good name of an established Church for your own easy branding? Impersonating the Adventist Church, that is your level of integrity?

I do not even think Pastor Chick would agree with you.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Stan, there are plenty of people and ministries who profit from (leech off) the name Seventh day Adventist without representing the true cause in letter or in spirit.

The name has strong implications & obligations, invoking the stamp of the Creator.

The name belongs to Him.

"Christ was a Seventh-day Adventist, to all intents and purposes." Medical Ministry p.49

One day these legal twists will be held up to Scrutiny.

Now you KNOW what you said is not true, Pastor Chick talked about meeting with Wally Carson 15+ years ago over this issue. That is about as close to a lie as you could post.

They spend years trying to avoid litigation. There are all kinds of things on Pastor Chick website showing various contacts over the years.

REALLY? You did not know Seventh-day Adventist was already taken? Leeching off the good name of an established Church for your own easy branding? Impersonating the Adventist Church, that is your level of integrity?

I do not even think Pastor Chick would agree with you.

Stan,

I haven't heard anything from you in a few days. I'm wondering if you're planning on providing any examples of the GC attempting to 1) reach out to us or 2) ask us to stop using the name prior to litigation. Given you've pressed it as a fact so often, and even Adventist Review claims it as a justification to lawsuits, I'm going to "hold your feet to the fire" on this one.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

"Christ was a Seventh-day Adventist, to all intents and purposes." Medical Ministry p.49

I've actually read that before, and I think it is a wonderful quote. I've been on this forum for a while, and I really haven't seen anything even approaching a legitimate defense of lawsuits being used to protect anything that we, as Adventists, believe to be God's in origin and arbitration. Certainly, both the name and (evidenced by this quotation) the concept pre-date any legal entity that could legitimately make a claim to "ownership" of this divinely intellectual property.

Scion

Well Scion. People will see what they are programed and desire to see. To each his own. But God has put our leaders in charge and so that is what God has stated through our leaders.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

I believe the operative phase is "to all intents and purposes"

Stan,

I haven't heard anything from you in a few days. I'm wondering if you're planning on providing any examples of the GC attempting to 1) reach out to us or 2) ask us to stop using the name prior to litigation. Given you've pressed it as a fact so often, and even Adventist Review claims it as a justification to lawsuits, I'm going to "hold your feet to the fire" on this one.

Thanks

REALLY?? What was Chick doing visiting Wally Carson at the GC legal years ago? Having a picnic?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Quote:
But God has put our leaders in charge and so that is what God has stated through our leaders.

With all due respect, sir: spoken like a true Roman Catholic. I thought we were supposed to be Protestant Christians. There are so many who don't even know what that means any longer... it doesn't must mean "Somebody who followed Martin Luther et al."

Regarding: "Christ was a Seventh-day Adventist, to all intents and purposes." Medical Ministry p.49

Quote:
I believe the operative phase is "to all intents and purposes"

Of course :) I am not saying that Christ should have named His reformation "The Seventh Day Adventist Church" two thousand years ago. Most of those who claimed to be following the God whom we worship WERE Sabbath keepers, therefore such a name would have had no testimonial impact. Today it does, and therefore "to all intents and purposes" now also becomes a practical consideration in this lawless generation.

Scion