ClubAdventist is back!

General Conference takes action to protect our Registered Trademark

Nic Samojluk

quote=Nic Samojluk] Overaged said: “The reality here is that the Church did not "cause harm" to Mark”

I say: The church’s action resulted in the destruction of what Mark had been working for months, and you claim that Mark was not harmed?

Overaged said: “the only "evidence" you are able to present us with is that of his say-so - making your "evidence" anecdotal at best.”

I say: Anecdotal? All those who used to visit the “Adventist for Life” Facebook web page are witnesses of Mark’s loss, and I am one of them. One day I searched for Mark’s site, and it had disappeared from cyber space.

The disappearance of Mark's page from cyberspace in and of itself has not harmed Mark or anyone else; neither is it evidence of any kind of wrong-doing. WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE? WHERE IS MARK'S?

Overaged said: “The Church has not broken the 6th commandment in this matter at all.”

I say: True! They did not kill a human being; they simply killed a web page. In this they violated the rule set by Jesus in Matthew 18 which requires that we deal with an offending brother privately first before taking him to court.

Again, you twist my words way out of context. You know full well that when I said the church did not break the 6th commandment, that I was referring to the abortion question; NOT the Facebook question.

Overaged said: “A very wise Pastor once said to me: "Overaged, we should never, ever tear down someone else's shack of belief, unless we have a palace of truth for them to move into."”

I say: Yes, the church should have not destroyed Mark’s “shack” web page until they had a palace built for him. Great illustration! Thanks!

/quote]

The Church, through God's leading has had this "palace" for a long time. Mark doesn't want it, neither do you. You are both part of the problem, not the solution. When you provide us with details of how many single pregnant ladies you have personally helped so that they would not want to consider abortion then we will know just how "pro-life" you really are.

Because of church teachings; I remember one such that I found myself delivering a food hamper to. When she was thanking me; she looked over at the new-born baby and said: "Now that's pro-life."

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• doug yowell

• Nic Samojluk

• Overaged

• Stan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Overaged said: “When you provide us with details of how many single pregnant ladies you have personally helped so that they would not want to consider abortion then we will know just how "pro-life" you really are.”

I say: Jesus said that some give alms to be seen by men. That has never been my motivation for helping people in need. Helping those who are in greater need than I am has been my aim since childhood, but I am not going to participate in spitting contest. If you think that you re a greater pro-lifer than I am, I will simply say: Good speed and congratulations. Keep up the good work and do not denigrate what others are doing for the Lord. The time will come when God will recompense both you and me.

but I am not going to participate in spitting contest.
You are the one who started spitting.

And I can trust"

Keep up the good work and do not denigrate what others are doing for the Lord. The time will come when God will recompense both you and me.

You are not doing anything for the Lord in this "ministry" as long as you denounce the whole church for not seeing things your way. You have nothing to do with pro-life.

And I can trust"

You are not doing anything for the Lord in this "ministry" as long as you denounce the whole church for not seeing things your way. You have nothing to do with pro-life.

Are you speaking on behalf of the whole prolife movement or just for the Lord?

I imagine you will tell me soon enough. Guess your post speaks for itself...

And I can trust"

Originally Posted By: Nic Samojluk
but I am not going to participate in spitting contest.
You are the one who started spitting.

Right now what we should strive for is to avoid being lukewarm, because if we are apathetic towards the plight of the unborn, the Lord will spit us out of his mouth.

Keep up the good work and do not denigrate what others are doing for the Lord. The time will come when God will recompense both you and me.

I will let the Lord issue the final verdict. No human being can match the testimony of the True Witness!

I am glad you are not the one who will issue the final verdict. I suggest that you read the long response I posted for you on the other thread entitled “The Washington Post, Adventists & Abortion. I responded there in four separate postings. Duplicating the material here would make no sense. Here is the link:

http://clubadventist.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/426963/31.html