ClubAdventist is back!

The Sunday Law

MariaS

I received a forwarded message,

"I have just received news that the Pope is urging president Obama to pass the National SUnday law this month. Adventist President Ted Wilson is appealin to Christian to please pray for the 7 days either 7AM or 7PM for the latter rain".

Is this true that the Pope is urging Obama to pass the National Sunday Law now?

Anyone know about this, please share.

Thanks

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pastor_Chick

• John317

• hch

• MariaS

Bring it on Lord Jesus. Bring it on.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Thanks Woody, yea we should bring it to the Lord.

Have you received such circular text message?

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

I received a forwarded message,

"I have just received news that the Pope is urging president Obama to pass the National SUnday law this month. Adventist President Ted Wilson is appealin to Christian to please pray for the 7 days either 7AM or 7PM for the latter rain".

Is this true that the Pope is urging Obama to pass the National Sunday Law now?

Anyone know about this, please share.

Thanks

Quote:
OBAMA’S WEBSITE DEBATES SUNDAY LAW

Mon, Nov 10, 2008Archives

Please read entire article before assuming anything. This event is foretold in bible prophecy yet we need not fear it. This is through the my.obama network, not neccesarily President Obama himself.

“So perhaps we should consider enacting a Sunday Law. Not to restrict people from working, but to give liberty to those who can’t choose. And imagine the tax dollars that would be saved? Full Story

Notice the date of the blog.

http://www.presentruth.com/2008/11/obamas-website-debates-sunday-law/

[quote}

The National Sunday Law Could be Enacted by Obama

is included in this list of the top-ten recipients of money

from the U.S. federal government. Also: Catholic Relief Services, World Vision, Food for the Hungry, Samaritan’s Purse, World Relief, and Opportunity International.

While USAID has strict rules about the sharing of

faith, the line between what is acceptable and unacceptable can blur.

Currently, staff members are permitted to pray or

worship after providing a meal, for example, as long

as they indicate recipients don’t have to pray in order

to eat. Staff can talk about God’s love as long as the

conversation occurs outside the physical location or

time when aid is delivered. (The “or” is something that

changed under Bush, allowing faith expressions and

aid to occur in the same place.) Organizations can have

government-funded activities in church buildings.

USAID’s current guidelines read, “A religious organization need not purge, conceal or compromise its religious character.”

This could change, especially depending on whom

Obama chooses to head USAID. A new director can

make subtle changes in the fine print—like encouraging AIDS prevention through “delayed sexual initiation and partner reduction” instead of “abstinence and

faithfulness” programs, all aside from major changes

like forbidding religion-based hiring.

“There has been no pressure on World Vision to

stifle our religious values and motivation,” Richard

Stearns, president of World Vision U.S., announced

recently. “However, we have always understood that

government monies cannot be used for religious purposes.”

On one hand, Obama has resisted efforts by atheist organizations to eliminate funds to Christian organizations; on the other, he has continued granting new

funds for their use.

Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans

United for Separation of Church and State, has lobbied to prevent stimulus funds from going to the Compassion Capital Fund, a program the Bush administration created to fund many faith-based organizations.

But Obama has refused to cancel that program.

At the same time, this year’s multi-billion-dollar

stimulus legislation provided funds for grants to

nonprofits, which could include faith-based ones, but

under a different name than President Bush’s fund.

Christian organizations defend their acceptance

of federal funds by pointing to the Civil Rights Act of

1964, which permits religion-based hiring for faithbased groups.

World Vision’s president, Stearns, is adamant that

his organization is indeed “Christian” and that part of

its work is bringing the gospel through word and deed.

Poverty, he said, is both “material and spiritual.” World

Vision requires its employees in America to sign either the organization’s faith statement or the Apostle’s

Creed. But overseas, almost 20 percent of World

Vision’s staff is Muslim; and they practice the Islamic

religion.

Andrew Natsios, who served as vice president of

World Vision from 1993 to 1998 and as the head of

USAID from 2001 to 2006, said because World Vision’s

structure is diffuse it is a “larger tent” than churchbased organizations.

World Vision Australia is very secularized, much

more so than the U.S. In Latin America, World Vision

is deeply involved in “liberation theology,” the theory

that the purpose of Christianity is to primarily solve

people’s economic problems.

We would hope that our own ADRA presents the

Adventist view better in its overseas work. Is ADRA

also employing dedicated Muslims?

Fearing the compromises that receiving federal

funds might lead to, some in the Christian nonprofit

world have abstained from government funds to avoid

secularizing pressures. Richard Land, president of the

Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, has strongly encouraged Southern

Baptist organizations to refuse government dollars. In

contrast, World Vision’s board permits up to 35 percent of the organization’s revenue to come from the

government. Our own ADRA receives millions in government money on a 4-to-1 basis. It must raise $1

from nongovernmental sources, for every $4 it receives

from the federal government.

In connection with this research study on the

likelihood of a National Sunday Law enactment

during the Obama Administration, it would be

well to consider how Americans might accept

such a law.

http://www.sdadefend.com/MINDEX-N-O/A%20...0by%20Obama.pdf

Maybe these two addresses will put some context into the story

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Thanks LifeHiscost.

I really appreciate it. Someone told me to check it out and here I am checking things out if it is true.

Good stuff to think and pray about

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

Thanks LifeHiscost.

I really appreciate it. Someone told me to check it out and here I am checking things out if it is true.

Good stuff to think and pray about

It is very exciting to me. You have to remember, I've been listening to this message being prophecied for the last 40 odd years and now it's happening right before my eyes. It sends chills up and down my spine when I think of the momentous events that are occurring, and even if it takes more years than might at first be considered possible, the Truth remains.

" Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”"Luke 21:28 NKJV

"The Call of the Hour

The Last Crisis

We are living in the time of the end. The fast-fulfilling signs of the times declare that the coming of Christ is near at hand. The days in which we live are solemn and important. The Spirit of God is gradually but surely being withdrawn from the earth. Plagues and judgments are already falling upon the despisers of the grace of God. The calamities by land and sea, the unsettled state of society, the alarms of war, are portentous. They forecast approaching events of the greatest magnitude.

The agencies of evil are combining their forces, and consolidating. They are strengthening for the last great crisis. Great changes are soon to take place in our world, and the final movements will be rapid ones.. " 9T 11

God blesses! peaceannounceannouncehappysabbath

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

If there's a Sunday Law by the end of this year I will literally eat my hat.

I'll take a cap, chop it finely and saute it with some onions, sesame oil, garlic and ginger, and eat the lot.

Anyone want to mirror that bet?

Truth is important

I'll take a cap, chop it finely and saute it with some onions, sesame oil, garlic and ginger, and eat the lot.

Hi Bravus,

You could be smarter and wiser than this. I would suggest you must as well chop off your fingers and make a good soup out of it. Your hat will not be as delicious as your own fingers.

You have one disciple Bravus and that is fccool, maybe 20 fingers will make a better soup rather than salt and hats.

well,

Your comments did not answer the earlier question.

LifeHiscost and I did not predict the sunday law being fulfilled this year end, never the less, LifeHiscost confirmed based on his study that things are unfolding in front of our eyes.

Only spiritual blind will not be able to see the fulfillment of the prophecy in this generation.

Would you rather want to answer my earlier question?

God bless you

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

I believe in Hematology.

and others find encouragement that it has already happened and the Lords coming is nigh.

I believe in Hematology.

If there's a Sunday Law by the end of the year I'll join you and cool for dessert. In fact, I'll buy (what are we having?)........Just before I'm hauled off to jail.

• Moderators

We all need to study the prophecies-- in both the Bible and the writings of Ellen White-- concerning the Sunday laws.

A good way to study what Ellen White says about it is to read pages 123-142 of the book, Last Day Events.

There you will find such statements as the following:

".... in free America rulers and legislators, in order to secure public favor, will yield to the popular demand for a law enforcing Sunday observance"(GC 592).

Sunday legislation or enforcement will not happen as a result of one man but will be demanded by a significant number of the people. It won't be forced on the nation but will be something the people will want.

"As America, the land of religious liberty, shall unite with the papacy in forcing the conscience and compelling men to honor the false sabbath, the people of every country on the globe will be led to follow her example." (6 T 18)

"The Sabbath question is to be the issue in the great conflict in which all the world will act a part." 6 T 352

God's modern day prophet says that we need to study these issues and watch what is happening in the world so we know where we are in the prophetic stream of time. Ellen White's advice was to "wait and watch." She said we need to keep the great day of God before our minds. LDE 41, 42.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Quote:
".... in free America rulers and legislators, in order to secure public favor, will yield to the popular demand for a law enforcing Sunday observance"(GC 592).

Yes. This is a good one. And it has already happened. Praise God. The Lord comes soon. We are living in the last days.

Quote:
"This time, which the Angel declares with a solemn oath, is not the end of this world’s history, neither of probationary time, but of prophetic time, which would precede the advent of our Lord." CTr 344

I believe in Hematology.

First of all, the prophecy is that no one will buy or sell lest one have the MOB. It does not say, "No one will buy or sell on Sunday"

So, can someone give it a shot and explain it to me? How can you enforce both the Sunday Law, and preventing people from buying and selling for breaking such law?

Right now, it sort of resonates as a mantra that seems to have no connection with the idea of people receiving a mark, and people without a mark not being able to buy or sell.

Woody, you say that it already happened. Were these people prohibited from buying or selling for breaking the blue laws?

• Moderators

Quote:

Yes. This is a good one. And it has already happened. Praise God. The Lord comes soon. We are living in the last days.

NO, it hasn't happened yet.

The prophecy of Rev. 13 "will be fulfilled when the United States shall enforce Sunday observance, which Rome claims as a special acknowledgment of her supremacy..." (LSE 129)

If it already happened, it would mean people have already formed the image of the beast and received the mark of the beast. But no one has yet received the mark of the beast, proving that the Sunday law that prophecy predicts has not yet happened.

Does your pastor teach that the prophecies concerning the Sunday law has already happened?

"When the leading churches of the United States, uniting upon such points of doctrine as are held by them in common, shall influence the state to enforce their decrees and to sustain their institutions, then Protestant America will have formed an image of the Roman hierarchy, and the infliction of civil penalties upon dissenters will inevitably result..." LSE 131 (GC 445-449)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

In either case, I think its quite problematic to hope that such events would happen soon. That's one of the Christian aspects that really bothers me. People WANT the end of the world to happen soon. It's quite selfish.

• Moderators

Ellen White had this to say:

Quote:
"Whenever it is possible, let religious services be held on Sunday. " 9T 233

In an attempt to follow our prophets instructions ... I attend religious services each Sunday. As I am able. I find no fault in doing so.

But you forget or ignore that the quote in 9 T 233 is in the context of the enforcement of the Sunday law. She begins by saying, "I will try to answer your question as to what you should do in the case of Sunday laws being enforced."

She is talking about the time when the church is told to keep Sunday and people are receiving the mark of the beast. She is not saying that in our day, the SDA church should have religious services every Sunday.

She is talking about the time when the church is told to keep Sunday and people are receiving the mark of the beast. She is not saying that in our day, the SDA church should have religious services every Sunday.

Or that we should attend sunday keeping churches.

• Moderators

Ellen White is very clear that we are to work to delay the Sunday legislation and persecution. We're to do nothing to bring it on or to encourage persecution. In fact, those who do this are actually partaking of the evil that will precede the return of Christ. LDE 128. Instead, we should be doing all we can to help spread the gospel and warn people about the coming events so they will be found safe in Christ when they happen.

• Moderators

Woody, you say that it already happened. Were these people prohibited from buying or selling for breaking the blue laws?

There has been some enforement of so-called "blue-laws," and during the 1880s, there were a few SDAs who were jailed for working on Sunday, but those events were not the primary fulfillment of the prophcies. They merely demonstrated to people that such laws as prophecy predicts are certainly within the realm of possibility. The prophecy is that such laws will occur in the USA and eventually in the rest of the world.

• Moderators
Joining Sunday keeping churches now in their worship on the false day will only make it easier to worship with them when we are faced with the death penalty if we refuse to keep Sunday. Ellen White says, in this very context: "It is better to die than to sin." LDE 142. If we have the attitude that sin is no big deal and that we can maintain sin in our lives and yet be saved, will we choose to die and be loyal to God rather than commit sin against God? The answer is self-evident.