ClubAdventist is back!

The Sunday Law

MariaS

The "Sunday Law", if there ever is one, will not be a test for Seventh-day Adventists. They will already have been sealed before the great tribulation starts.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pastor_Chick

• John317

• hch

• MariaS

• Moderators

The Sabbath-Sunday issue is a test for all the world, including SDAs. People aren't sealed merely becasue they mechanically keep the Sabbath. The Sabbath is only the seal if the believer keeps ALL of God's moral law, not only the Sababth. In fact, it is impossible for anyone to truly obey the fourth commandment while knowingly and willfully disobeying the other comamndments of God.

The test will be whether we are willing to die rather than sin. That test and decision will be faced by everyone alive at that time. The only reason anyone will make the right decision is becasue of the power of the Holy Spirit. Without the Holy Spirit, even Christ wouldn't have been able to face His test at the cross. Now is the time to get into the habit of obeying God. It will be too late if we wait to do it when faced with the Sunday law.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

The "Sunday Law", if there ever is one, will not be a test for Seventh-day Adventists. They will already have been sealed before the great tribulation starts.

Seeing as how you have thrown out almost every SDA doctrine that ever existed, including God's prophet. Thank you for sharing your great wisdom on what will and will not be a test for SDA's. Pardon me if I don't pay much attention.

• Moderators

You say "if there is ever" a Sunday law.

What do you believe is the mark of the beast? Who is the beast and what is its mark if not Sunday in opposition to the commandments of God?

It looks to me as if your theology-- of rejecting so much of the Bible and Gods' last-day prophet-- has led you to the point where you are not even sure of what the test will be at the end. God wants us to know these things so we can prepare and be aware of what signs to look for.

Doesn't this fact tell you something about how far out you've gone?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

First of all, the prophecy is that no one will buy or sell lest one have the MOB. It does not say, "No one will buy or sell on Sunday"

So, can someone give it a shot and explain it to me? How can you enforce both the Sunday Law, and preventing people from buying and selling for breaking such law?

Right now, it sort of resonates as a mantra that seems to have no connection with the idea of people receiving a mark, and people without a mark not being able to buy or sell.

The mark of the beast is Sunday-keeping. It is the mark of the beast's power. It's in opposition to the Sabbath, forcing people to disobey God's law. A law will be passed and enforced declaring that all must obey the Sunday law which requires disobedience to God and obedience to Satan's counterfeit sabbath. Unless a person obeys the laws passed by the beast power-- thus acknowleding his authority-- he won't be able to buy or sell. In other words, there will be a world-wide boycott to compel people to obey the beast power,i.e., the papal system, and according to the Bible prophecy, it will be led by the United States of America.

Notice that leading up to this test, there will a world-wide message proclaimed that God wants everyone to worship the One who made the heavens and the earth and all that is in them, and second, there will be a message proclaimed that the hour of the judgment has come.

All this is just prior to the second coming of Christ. Rev. 14: 14ff.

The proclaimations of these messages result in a relatively small group of people who obey the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. These people do not receive the mark of the beast. Why? Obviously because they are keeping the commandments of God. Thus the mark of the beast involves disodience to God's commandments, whereas the seal of God involves obedience and loyalty to the Maker of heaven and earth.

Originally Posted By: John317

She is talking about the time when the church is told to keep Sunday and people are receiving the mark of the beast. She is not saying that in our day, the SDA church should have religious services every Sunday.

Or that we should attend sunday keeping churches.

She does not condemn attending sunday keeping churches. There is nothing wrong with doing that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

It depends on the motive. If you are going there to teach the truth, that is one thing; but if you are going there to simply go along with false doctrines or to show that you are agree with them, then you are asking for trouble. God won't protect you from false teachings and influences when you are intentionally putting yourself on Satan's ground.

You often talk just like a Sunday-keeper who believes that he can be saved while holding on to his sins, including the violatation of the fourth commandment. You would be better off going to a church where you hear the truth taught, not some truth and some false mixed all together. You seem to have forgotten what I am sure you used to know: that the Sunday-keeping churches are fallen and Babylon. [This is not to say there are no godly people there, or that no truth is ever taught there; but God is calling them out of Babylon, not into it.]

Ahh Shucks. I am going to Sunday Churches to go along with all their false doctrines. And you say I am not suppose to do that. Ahhh Shucks.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I did not say that there would not be a "Sunday Law", I said if there is one. As to your inference that I am proved wrong because I have rejected "so much" of the Bible and God's last day prophet, I respectfully disagree that this is proof that I am in error. I have asked for and have not been shown anywhere, other than Paul's writtings, where Paul's gospel has been testified to by the Law and Prophets or by the words of those who were there, in person, to see and hear the Son of God. Also, I have asked for and not been given any credible response to my question on who are the evil men that call themselves apostles (Revelation 2:2) or the woman, God calls Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess (Revelation 2:20), I am still waiting for credible evidence to show who these people are.

Hi Wayfinder,

Thank you for sharing this. yea you are right and in addition to what you say, Sunday Law is the last shaking process for God's people. Who will be on His side and who will be on the other side.

I have attended a meeting by Pr Kang few years ago and he had presented the issue on Sunday Law in a very convincing manner. It was a mind opening as well as an assurance and promise that God cares for those who made themselves be fitted for His kingdom.

Not everyone wishes to be in Heaven even though they knew the lights, they prefer to be here on earth...sadly to say

God bless you

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

Ellen White is very clear that we are to work to delay the Sunday legislation and persecution. We're to do nothing to bring it on or to encourage persecution. In fact, those who do this are actually partaking of the evil that will precede the return of Christ. LDE 128. Instead, we should be doing all we can to help spread the gospel and warn people about the coming events so they will be found safe in Christ when they happen.

Thank you John317,

This is good knowledge and worth reading.

BTW, I have just started to set up a website for sharing God's amazing grace. You have shared a good testimony here, could you allow me and Richard use your testimony? I will keep your name confidential though.

Let me know if its ok

Thanks and God bless

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

Ahh Shucks. I am going to Sunday Churches to go along with all their false doctrines. And you say I am not suppose to do that. Ahhh Shucks.

Dear Woody,

You took me by suprice. You mean you did not know the Revelation that talk about the "Harlot"?

I think you could do better though..

I was once attending to Sunday churches and found there is nothing wrong in doing that. well, that was when I was not convinced yet and I was not an adventist in those days.

Now I know the danger in doing this and never ever went into their church for worship.

We do as an SDA church visit sunday church for one reason here, we do singing ministry and sharing the gospel with them, that is when they invited us.

I belive we should mingle with them but not to be one like them

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

I did not say that there would not be a "Sunday Law", I said if there is one. As to your inference that I am proved wrong because I have rejected "so much" of the Bible and God's last day prophet, I respectfully disagree that this is proof that I am in error. I have asked for and have not been shown anywhere, other than Paul's writtings, where Paul's gospel has been testified to by the Law and Prophets or by the words of those who were there, in person, to see and hear the Son of God. Also, I have asked for and not been given any credible response to my question on who are the evil men that call themselves apostles (Revelation 2:2) or the woman, God calls Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess (Revelation 2:20), I am still waiting for credible evidence to show who these people are.

Since a woman in Bible prophecy stands for a church, it would have to be talking about the churches who keep the false Sabbath. The only proof that you have ever shown that it is Ellen White, is the fact that you think that's who it is.

Sorry but that won't cut it.

Originally Posted By: wayfinder

Hi Wayfinder,

Thank you for sharing this. yea you are right and in addition to what you say, Sunday Law is the last shaking process for God's people. Who will be on His side and who will be on the other side.

I have attended a meeting by Pr Kang few years ago and he had presented the issue on Sunday Law in a very convincing manner. It was a mind opening as well as an assurance and promise that God cares for those who made themselves be fitted for His kingdom.

Not everyone wishes to be in Heaven even though they knew the lights, they prefer to be here on earth...sadly to say

God bless you

Sweetheart I think you need to back up at least one page and read more thoroughly what wayfinder is really saying. I don't think you understood him properly.

• Moderators

You have shared a good testimony here, could you allow me and Richard use your testimony? I will keep your name confidential though.

Let me know if its ok

Thanks and God bless

Sure, Maria, that would be OK.

• Moderators

.... I have asked for and have not been shown anywhere, other than Paul's writtings, where Paul's gospel has been testified to by the Law and Prophets or by the words of those who were there, in person, to see and hear the Son of God.

The problem here is that your posts and the book, The Spirit of the Church, show that you don't understand Paul's gospel. Many posts have been written which show the evidence of this.

Originally Posted By: wayfinder
Also, I have asked for and not been given any credible response to my question on who are the evil men that call themselves apostles (Revelation 2:2) or the woman, God calls Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess (Revelation 2:20), I am still waiting for credible evidence to show who these people are.

The fact that you make the claim that Ellen White is the fulfillment doesn't make it so. I could claim it was Mary Eddy Baker or some other woman, but that wouldn't mean it's true.

There's actually good evidence that the woman referred to in Rev. 2: 20 was someone who lived at the time of John. Many Bible commentaries speak of her.

As for the evil men who called themselves apostles, there were false apostles living and active at the time of the early church. Satan inspired many people to fight against the true apostle. Paul talks about some of them. They were teaching, among other things, that people are saved by keeping the law. Others were teaching a form of protognosticism. Paul wrote the book of Colossians to combat those false apostles.

People WANT the end of the world to happen soon. It's quite selfish.

I guess this one is to be thrown out also.

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”"Luke 21:28 NKJV

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Sweetheart I think you need to back up at least one page and read more thoroughly what wayfinder is really saying. I don't think you understood him properly

Oppppssssssss

I am sorry sweetheart I did not make myself clear.

okay, I was agreeing with Wayfinder for one thing, that God's people has been sealed before the great tribulation. Now if he is reffering the great tribulation with the "Jacob's time of trouble, that is right but if he is refering it to the "Sunday law" I will definitely could not agree with him.

As what I mentioned, the Sunday Law or the inforcement of worshiping on Sunday will be the final test of who is on God's side and who is in the other side (Satan). After the enforcement of the Sunday Law and people have made their decision on which side they are, then only the sealing process will takes place.

I was already doubtful of what Wayfinder said regarding "if ever there is one called the Sunday law"..perhaps he did not understand what is sunday law..I dont know.

I believe there is a time when sabbath keeper will not have a freedom to worship and our greatest enemy not the outside of church but the within.

The good news is, we will be delivered and the end fait of those who knows the truth or have all the privilage to know the real truth but rejected it will be a terrible one.

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

Originally Posted By: fccool
People WANT the end of the world to happen soon. It's quite selfish.

I guess this one is to be thrown out also.

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”"Luke 21:28 NKJV

God blesses! peace

A farmer knows when the harvest to take place. Jesus will comes regardless of our preferences. Our duty is to work together with Him, he is giving us chance including you fccool. Signs of the time are everyway..how could we not discern it!

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

Originally Posted By: Maria Sangkong
You have shared a good testimony here, could you allow me and Richard use your testimony? I will keep your name confidential though.

Let me know if its ok

Thanks and God bless

Sure, Maria, that would be OK.

Thank you John 317, I will put your testimony on the"testimony" section.

Here is the link (work is still in progress though)

http://amazinggraceswebsite.com/

God Bless you

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

John317, Everything that God has done, is doing, and will do in this world, until the end, concerns His kingdom. All of the end-time prophecies include the appearence, action, and responsibility, of His kingdom. All of the warnings, admonitions, and commendations, apply to His kingdom. So it stands to reason that the application of these prophecies are contingent on the existence of God's kingdom. What I am saying is this. There are in the apocalyptic prophicies of Daniel, Matthew 24 and 25, and Revelation, two kingdoms of God and the kingdom of the world. The kingdom of the world starts with Babylon, then Medo-Persia, Greece... and ends with Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece. Because the prophecies start after the first kingdom of God ended, it is not included in the apocalyptic sequence. The kingdom of God that was restored to their own country in 457 BCE, had 490 years to accomplish the requirements of God's kingdom, they did not accomplish this. From 33 CE to 1833-44 God did not have a kingdom on earth; therefore all apocalyptic prophecies, which were messages to His kingdom would not see fulfillment until the kingdom of the heavens appeared. My point is this, the messages to the seven churches and the bondservants of the Son of God, would not see fulfillment until God had a kingdom on earth again. This kingdom began with the restoration of temple services in heaven in 1844; therefore the prophecies, which include the messages to the seven churches, would not have application until after 1844.

A farmer knows when the harvest to take place. Jesus will comes regardless of our preferences. Our duty is to work together with Him, he is giving us chance including you fccool. Signs of the time are everyway..how could we not discern it!

thumbsup Bold mine. LHC

As to the above underlined, it would seem if we were in the same attitude of mind.

"One day the Pharisees and Sadducees came to test Jesus, demanding that he show them a miraculous sign from heaven to prove his authority.

He replied, “You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow; red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the signs of the times! Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah.” Then Jesus left them and went away."

Matthew 16:1-4 NLT

And what was the sign of Jonah?

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Maria Sangkong

thumbsup Bold mine. LHC

As to the above underlined, it would seem if we were in the same attitude of mind.

"One day the Pharisees and Sadducees came to test Jesus, demanding that he show them a miraculous sign from heaven to prove his authority.

He replied, “You know the saying, ‘Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow; red sky in the morning means foul weather all day.’ You know how to interpret the weather signs in the sky, but you don’t know how to interpret the signs of the times! Only an evil, adulterous generation would demand a miraculous sign, but the only sign I will give them is the sign of the prophet Jonah.” Then Jesus left them and went away."

Matthew 16:1-4 NLT

And what was the sign of Jonah?

God blesses! peace

LifeHiscost, from begining I was in agreement with you. I am sorry I did not make it clear. The highlighted above, was in echoing of what you have written earlier.

Sign of Jonah? Will comment when I have a non rushed time to write.

GBU

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

]

LifeHiscost, from begining I was in agreement with you. I am sorry I did not make it clear. The highlighted above, was in echoing of what you have written earlier.

Sign of Jonah? Will comment when I have a non rushed time to write.

GBU

I don't think there is any difference in our conclusions, Maria. The text was posted as the reason individuals, whoever they might be, are unable to perceive the nearness of Jesus' coming.

As I understand the similitude of the sign of Jonah, as he was in the belly of the fish for three days, so Jesus was in the belly of the earth for three days (the similitude).

How we are to perceive the signs we are given today that announce His soon appearing, almost makes it inconceivable that anyone except a blatant unbeliever or a person almost totally ignorant of the Word, could possibly miss the reality.

" Later, Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and said, “Tell us, when will all this happen? What sign will signal your return and the end of the world?”

Jesus told them, “Don’t let anyone mislead you, for many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah.’ They will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and threats of wars, but don’t panic. Yes, these things must take place, but the end won’t follow immediately. Nation will go to war against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world. But all this is only the first of the birth pains, with more to come.

“Then you will be arrested, persecuted, and killed. You will be hated all over the world because you are my followers. And many will turn away from me and betray and hate each other. And many false prophets will appear and will deceive many people. Sin will be rampant everywhere, and the love of many will grow cold.But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.

“The day is coming when you will see what Daniel the prophet spoke about—the sacrilegious object that causes desecration standing in the Holy Place.” (Reader, pay attention!) “Then those in Judea must flee to the hills. A person out on the deck of a roof must not go down into the house to pack. A person out in the field must not return even to get a coat. How terrible it will be for pregnant women and for nursing mothers in those days. And pray that your flight will not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For there will be greater anguish than at any time since the world began. And it will never be so great again. In fact, unless that time of calamity is shortened, not a single person will survive. But it will be shortened for the sake of God’s chosen ones.

“Then if anyone tells you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah,’ or ‘There he is,’ don’t believe it. For false messiahs and false prophets will rise up and perform great signs and wonders so as to deceive, if possible, even God’s chosen ones. See, I have warned you about this ahead of time.

“So if someone tells you, ‘Look, the Messiah is out in the desert,’ don’t bother to go and look. Or, ‘Look, he is hiding here,’ don’t believe it! For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Just as the gathering of vultures shows there is a carcass nearby, so these signs indicate that the end is near.

“Immediately after the anguish of those days,

the sun will be darkened,

the moon will give no light,

the stars will fall from the sky,

and the powers in the heavens will be shaken.

And then at last, the sign that the Son of Man is coming will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the peoples of the earth. And they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with the mighty blast of a trumpet, and they will gather his chosen ones from all over the world—from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.

“Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know his return is very near, right at the door. I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

“However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

“When the Son of Man returns, it will be like it was in Noah’s day. In those days before the flood, the people were enjoying banquets and parties and weddings right up to the time Noah entered his boat. People didn’t realize what was going to happen until the flood came and swept them all away. That is the way it will be when the Son of Man comes.

“Two men will be working together in the field; one will be taken, the other left. Two women will be grinding flour at the mill; one will be taken, the other left.

“So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming. Understand this: If a homeowner knew exactly when a burglar was coming, he would keep watch and not permit his house to be broken into. You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.

“A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns. But what if the servant is evil and thinks, ‘My master won’t be back for a while,’ and he begins beating the other servants, partying, and getting drunk? The master will return unannounced and unexpected, and he will cut the servant to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Matthew 24 NLT

God blesses! peace

P.S. I thought to cut some of the chapter out but found no place appropriate to condense. In another translation it is written, "This generation will not pass away until all these things taken together shall come to pass, and then you shall see the sign of the Son of Man coming in power and great glory"

We're living in exciting times, with only one tragic caveat.

"then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn"Matt 24

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

... My point is this, the messages to the seven churches and the bondservants of the Son of God, would not see fulfillment until God had a kingdom on earth again. This kingdom began with the restoration of temple services in heaven in 1844; therefore the prophecies, which include the messages to the seven churches, would not have application until after 1844.

Ellen White was a major influence in the 1844 movement that eventually led to the establishment of the SDA church. It is impossible to see it happening without Ellen White. Her visions and the record she made of those visions helped the people to understand that God was leading them. Her visions also helped to establish the key doctrines that became the doctrinal foundation of the SDA church. Her visions also were key in the establishment of the church's publishing ministries, our health message, the hospital work, and our educational system. In addition, her writings from 1888 to 1910 were the main reason the church eventually accepted the doctrine of the Trinity.

In view of these facts, could you explain how you can believe this kingdom began in 1844 at the same time that you teach that Ellen White was a false prophet?