ClubAdventist is back!

The elephant in the room

Stan

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

It's hard to see the elephant when you're sitting on him. So how can you identify it?

It's even harder to see an elephant when he's sitting on YOU...

nuff sed

• Members

LOLROFLROFLLOLthumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators

Many times I have found that elephant to shrink and dissolve into an ordinary situation, with lots of prayer and surrender on my part. Other times not. I don't think it is good to do nothing. I am always ready to speak to someone about it.

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Many times I have found that elephant to shrink and dissolve into an ordinary situation, with lots of prayer and surrender on my part. Other times not. I don't think it is good to do nothing. I am always ready to speak to someone about it.

That is so true...

I can say this, we are really going to appreciate you being here.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 3 months later...

So what is the elephant in the room ??? poke

Are you talking about me in metaphors ??? gah

O wait this thread was started before

i joined club Adventist. backtopic

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

Could it be the "Little Horn"

Sunday, a child of the Papacy, has taken the place of God's holy Sabbath. As Nebuchadnezzar made a golden image, and set it up to be worshiped by all, so Sunday is placed before the people to be regarded as sacred. This day bears not a vestige of sanctity, yet it is held up to be honored by all. {RH, April 27, 1911 par. 6}

• Members

reminds me of this....which made me laugh. and laugh. and laugh....

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

really cute, those folks really were on something....

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Sometimes the elephant in the room turns into someone's sacred cow, and then it can't be dealt with.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Sometimes the elephant in the room turns into someone's sacred cow, and then it can't be dealt with.

`Twas PROFOUND !!

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

One would know if an elephant was in your room....you ever seen the size of the shovels that are used to pickup........... yucky

Hey now!!!! lololol I used to work at the St. Louis Zoo and when I first started in high school my job was a clean-up person, to say it nicely. At least elephants don't throw it at you!

• Members

Hey now!!!! lololol I used to work at the St. Louis Zoo and when I first started in high school my job was a clean-up person, to say it nicely. At least elephants don't throw it at you!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

phkrause

"Elephant in the room" is an English metaphorical idiom for an obvious truth that is either being ignored or going unaddressed. The idiomatic expression also applies to an obvious problem or risk no one wants to discuss.

It is based on the idea that an elephant in a room would be impossible to overlook; thus, people in the room who pretend the elephant is not there have chosen to avoid dealing with the looming big issue.

Dunno if that helps or not.

Graeme (Another Aussie)

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

gudday graham, nice to meet a fellow aussie. i will have to update my info on the side :)

it helps quite a lot, it didn't occur to me that it would be in wiki - thanks