ClubAdventist is back!

Egypt

SivartM

• Moderators

feels like 1989 all over again

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hch

• lazarus

• bonnie

• jasd

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, someone in the army has to be in control. Who is he? What is his background? What kind of government are we going to see come out of this? How does the transition work? There are a lot of questions needing to be answered. Let's not forget the wars in the Baltic areas that followed 1989.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

From what I understand the VP will probably be in charge and I think he was in charge of the military before being appointed to VP?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Well, someone in the army has to be in control. Who is he? What is his background? What kind of government are we going to see come out of this? How does the transition work? There are a lot of questions needing to be answered. Let's not forget the wars in the Baltic areas that followed 1989.

When the cries of peace and safety turn to riots and the unrest is out of control and spreading throughout the region, we will see who is in charge: Satan

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

>>Is it possible for us not to think the worse?<<

Hard to do when one must consider reality…

>>Can we not hope for the best in people?<<

Certainement!—however, revolutions are usually ‘top down’. Who was engineering the ‘Egyptian’ revolution?

>>It is their country,<<

But we’ve invested so much in their country!—thousands of million$ annually for the past 30 years – not mentioning, that we secured the Suez (and its capacity for wealth generation) for them, as well. Etc.

>>…we should not project out concept of freedom on them,<<

Not projecting any of my concepts upon them – except mebbe fear. Fear that they may really, really muck it up – by defaulting their country to really, really malevolent forces.

>>…we have not lived in their shoes.<<

Who knows but that ancient technologies buried beneath their sands – may be their inheritance.

Hope so. Fate oughta cut them a break.

Whatev, the future is as it will be – else Gd could not have foreseen it – nor His prophets foretold it.

As it stands as of today – their peace accord with Israel is(?) h-i-s-t-o-r-y…, and Iran has stated that they will move a few of their warships through the Suez.

Interestin’ times is heah... (wasn’t Cal, in East of Eden, wise to have bought beans, umm – a commodity, before the outbreak of war?—seems that commodity prices soar upon expectation of war, yes?)

• Members

It is great to hope for the best, but between now and Christ's Advent we are not promised the best. The time of Jacob's Trouble is soon to be upon us.

That is the worst it will ever be.

No where does it say we can not hope for the best. And we've never been promised it would be easy ever since the fall not now and the end.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: hch
It is great to hope for the best, but between now and Christ's Advent we are not promised the best. The time of Jacob's Trouble is soon to be upon us.

That is the worst it will ever be.

No where does it say we can not hope for the best. And we've never been promised it would be easy ever since the fall not now and the end.

I did not say that there was no hope or that we should not hope for the best.

I said to prepare for the worst.

His child Henry 

• Members

I did not say that there was no hope or that we should not hope for the best.

I said to prepare for the worst.

No, but its implied.

phkrause

Egypt and Libya?

Prophecy is not always chronological. Both Daniel and Revelation make statements and then add caveats to explain what they just stated. And sometimes it can be describing several things happening concurrently. And in the first application of a prophecy, it could be chronological, but in the final (complete) fulfillment, the events could be concurrent. And with Daniel 11, not all of the events that have been fulfilled will be repeated in the final (complete) fulfillment.

We have no time to lose. Troublous times are before us. The world is stirred with the spirit of war. Soon the scenes of trouble spoken of in the prophecies will take place. The prophecy in the eleventh of Daniel has nearly reached its complete fulfillment. Much of the history that has taken place in fulfillment of this prophecy will be repeated. In the thirtieth verse a power is spoken of that "shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant." [Verses 31-36, quoted.] {13MR 394.1}

Scenes similar to those described in these words will take place. We see evidence that Satan is fast obtaining the control of human minds who have not the fear of God before them. Let all read and understand the prophecies of this book, for we are now entering upon the time of trouble spoken of: [Daniel 12:1-4, quoted.] {13MR 394.2}

His child Henry 

• Administrators

I am interested particularly in what God will do within the Islamic world in preparation for Jesus' return.

I've always thought that He would have to do something big (like how Communism fell in the Soviet Union) in order to get prepare His people within Islam itself. Maybe these events will be a catalyst for an inroad for the Gospel.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I am interested particularly in what God will do within the Islamic world in preparation for Jesus' return.

I've always thought that He would have to do something big (like how Communism fell in the Soviet Union) in order to prepare His people within Islam itself. Maybe these events will be a catalyst for an inroad for the Gospel.

His child Henry 

I've always thought that He would have to do something big (like how Communism fell in the Soviet Union) in order to get prepare His people within Islam itself. Maybe these events will be a catalyst for an inroad for the Gospel.

and then there are the Chinese..................... nuff sed

I never knew that star wars and space stations were in Bible prophecy. Seems someone is reading between the lines a bit.

Shane,

Coming back to your comment.

When Revelation 13 states that the beast will "call fire down from Heaven" I always wondered what fire?

In the 1800's SDA's identified America as the beast from the earth with the lamblike horns.

When I learned about the 4 American Presidents identified in Daniel 7, i wondered what technology they would use to make fire come down from the sky. Reagan fathered Star Wars, Strategic Defense Initiative, and it became the suspect in my thinking.

So i followed it through the years. the American people are so disinterested in things that may be important.

On the CBS and NBC evening news, I watched a Lazar beam turn a missile into a pile of rubble at White Sands and again a Lazar mounted on a jet intercept a missile at the same testing ground. Another Lazar in Florida use green light to communicate with an orbiting shuttle. And the Lazar in Hawaii that zapped a mirror on the orbiting shuttle and hit a target on the other side of the earth. So we have at least three functional Lazars

NM, FL, and Hawaii.

I lived through the mysterious era of unexplained airplane crashes in FL, off Nova Scotia, and NY. I remembered the FBI report on the missile in NM that had the structural integrity of the metal just fail. Science to date could not find out why the metal disintegrated. They knew that it had been blasted with a lazar but had they not known that there was not a clue as to why that missile just fell into a pile of rubble.

Then there were those three airplane crashes that had questionable causes attached to them. They all just mysteriously fell out of the air. The wreckage showed signs of the metal fragmenting. One might have been a fire because of a singed wire sheath. Another perhaps O2 canisters. and the third unknown. When France demanded to know if America shot down one plane in particular to assassinate a specific passenger, we denied it.

then when an eyewitness (a combat navy pilot flying near by) stated that he saw missiles come down from the sky and hit one of the planes in question, it raised eyebrows. Congressman Trafficant compiled the Trafficant Report that documented how he kept writing the Sec of Defense, of the Navy, of the ... demanding answers to allegations that America had involvement in the downing of flight 800 and why the FBI purged the record of an eyewitness that was trained in reconnaissance. Then Trafficant was tried and convicted of what he claimed were trumped up charges about the same time Lee was acquitted of charges that he proved were false. he sued the FBI and won millions in damages. But Trafficant is in prison and no one is asking those prying questions about SDI any more.

Great conspiracy theory. But when GW became president, he withdrew America from the 1972 ABM treaty that did not allow America to deploy SDI. Why would he do that if the $10 billion we spend on SDI (now called BMD) did not work? Why does congress still spend the money when we have nothing to show for it? And why would a president take us out of a treaty that forbid us from implementing it if there is nothing to implement?

With our army stretched so thin, America will probably have to take a page from the war in Kosovo. 90% of it was fought from the air. Our planes took out power grids, fuel depots, bridges , airports, and command centers all from a safe distance overhead.

So when the beast with the lamblike horns draws fire down from the sky, it will not have to be like Truman in WWII over Japan when he rained literal fire on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, it can be the boys in the North American Command in FLA that will be able to push buttons on a computer console and have satellites over head blast targets on foreign shores.

That is the kind of power that can compel a world to yield to its authority. Soon and very soon we will see things that we never imagined whether it is this scenario or another. Prophecy will be fulfilled. Jesus will come. He will not delay.

It is time to wake up because what we don't know can hurt us. "My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge!"

His child Henry 

Opinion, The Register-Guard, Oregon

“What were the bosses thinking?” closes a letter the Feb 22 Register-Guard, apparently in regard to the plight of CBS’s Lara Logan, who was gang-raped in Cairo’s Tahrir Square while she was in the midst of 200 cheering Egyptians chanting “Jew! Jew! Jew!”

Since the bosses were CBS people, they no doubt were thinking that Logan is a fully credentialed professional reporter going to a demonstration in a part of the umma where the “religion of peace” is prevalent, so what possible harm could befall her? --Bryan Hodges, Eugene

Okay, that’s good news, yes? I mean, beginning from such depths of behaviour – there is nowhere for [The Salaam Party] to go from there but up..., Yes?

"Up, up, and away...!" Ya'think?

• 2 weeks later...

Opinion, ...

did not catch the poor pun the first time I encountered it.

Caught it the second time round. Not worthy of comment.

Egypt, Libya, and Ethiopia (Southern Sudan) are in his steps and prophecy is being fulfilled.

Tentatively I'll call my new book

"Crisis: 22 April 2011, Obama's War with Iran, & the Sunday Law"

His child Henry 

Tentatively I'll call my new book

"Crisis: 22 April 2011, Obama's War with Iran, & the Sunday Law"

Got a better title: Echoes of Doomsday

It has been written and is now being edited. From my six previous books, I am convinced that I missed a golden opportunity. Rather than presenting objective facts, I need to link the facts to God's judgments as a call to repentance. Make the point, second the call, and encourage all to yield to Him whole heartedly. So this book is going to be different.

Echoes of Doomsday

[Earthquake, Tsunami, Meltdown, War & the Sunday Law Solution]

God is so so GOOD to let us be living now on the eve of Christ's Advent!

His child Henry