ClubAdventist is back!

Ever heard of Chrislam?

jen516

• Moderators

The Qur'an teaches that it was Ishmael whom Abraham was commanded by God to sacrifice. See Sura 37: 102.

Verse 101, 102 says, "So We [Allah] gave him [Abraham] the good news of a forebearing son. But when he [ishmael] became of age to work with him [Abraham], he said: O my son, I have seen in a dream that I should sacrifice thee: so consider what thou seest. He [ishmael] said: O my father, do as thou art commanded: if Allah please, thou wilt find me patient."

Abraham told Ishmael he was to sacrifice him before Abraham received the news of the birth of Isaac. Sura 37: 112.

Verse 112 says, "And We [Allah] gave him [Abraham] the good news of Isaac, a prophet, a righteous one."

The footnotes, written by a Muslim scholar and translator, Maulana Muhammad Ali, says,

"That the child spoken of here was Ishmael and not Issac is made clear by v. 112, which states that it was after this incident that Abraham received the news of the birth of Isaac. This, no doubt, contradicts the Bible statement, but the fact that Ishmael's descendants kept a memorial of this sacrifice in the annual pilgrimage to Makkah shows clearly that Ishmael, and not Issac, was the son whom Abraham was commanded to sacrifice. Moreover, the Bible contradicts itself when it speaks of Isaac as 'thine only son' (Gen. 22: 2). Only Ishmael could be spoken of as 'only son' before the birth of Isaac... The Holy Qur'an makes it clear beyond all doubt that it was Ishmael whom Abraham was ordered to sacrifice."

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• 1 month later...

I'm appalled that any pastor would consider the Allah of Islam the same as Yahweh, the God of Christianity.

Islam has roots back to Baal and on back to Nimrod and the Tower of Babel. The Anti-Christ will come out of Islam. Muslims are focused on destroying Israel and Jews, God's chosen land and people. Does this "pastor" Nelson not read his bible?

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

Does this "pastor" Nelson not read his bible?

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus

• Members

Originally Posted By: Haldog
Does this "pastor" Nelson not read his bible?
Either that or he interprets it differently than you do, as you ought to expect.

Originally Posted By: Haldog
Islam has roots back to Baal
Fun fact: the Canaanite god El was the father of Baal. El is one of the names of God in the Bible. What a coincidence!

Excellent point Sivart

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

I'm appalled that any pastor would consider the Allah of Islam the same as Yahweh, the God of Christianity.

Islam has roots back to Baal and on back to Nimrod and the Tower of Babel. The Anti-Christ will come out of Islam. Muslims are focused on destroying Israel and Jews, God's chosen land and people. Does this "pastor" Nelson not read his bible?

Actually I would say before making this comment you need to hear the sermon in its entirety and not out of context as given in the opening post. But I do agree if as it stands I would also have a hard time accepting this.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

... you need to hear the sermon in its entirety and not out of context as given in the opening post. But I do agree if as it stands I would also have a hard time accepting this.

I agree, pk. I would like to hear the whole sermon by Pastor Nelson. I have a hard time believing he meant that we should worship the God who's revealed in the Koran.

More than likely-- it seems to me-- he's saying that since "Allah" means "God" and since both Muslims and Christians worship the God who made the world, we also worship Allah.

He may also be saying that we shouldn't tell the very people we want to help that they worship a false god. And I agree with that. There are better and wiser ways of approaching them about the truth.

To the degree that Allah is the God who created the universe, He is the same God as the God of the Bible. Yet if pastor Nelson is saying that Yahweh is the source of the Qur'an, I wouldn't be able to agree with Him.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

El is one of the names of God in the Bible. What a coincidence!

"El" isn't a proper name for God, although it occurs as part of proper names that refer to God, such as Immanuel, Ezekiel, Elijah,etc. It emphasizes might and power, & is used of men, angels, pagan gods and idols, natural objects, as well as the true God. In the ancient Near East, like "Allah" is today, it was the most widespread name for "god."

• Members

Originally Posted By: pkrause
... you need to hear the sermon in its entirety and not out of context as given in the opening post. But I do agree if as it stands I would also have a hard time accepting this.

I agree, pk. I would like to hear the whole sermon by Pastor Nelson. I have a hard time believing he meant that we should worship the God who's revealed in the Koran.

More than likely-- it seems to me-- he's saying that since "Allah" means "God" and since both Muslims and Christians worship the God who made the world, we also worship Allah.

He may also be saying that we shouldn't tell the very people we want to help that they worship a false god. And I agree with that. There are better and wiser ways of approaching them about the truth.

To the degree that Allah is the God who created the universe, He is the same God as the God of the Bible. Yet if pastor Nelson is saying that Yahweh is the source of the Qur'an, I wouldn't be able to agree with Him.

I would agree with that. Also not only to hear the sermon but also be able to talk with him and ask him what he really means, or where he is coming from with that statement.

phkrause

CHRISLAM SPREADS THROUGHOUT AMERICA...

http://thelastcrusade.org/2010/11/04/chrislam-spreads-throughout-america/

In December I heard a sermon by Dwight Nelson and he said "Don't let anyone ever tell you that Allah is associated with Lucifer." He also said that Allah is the same God that we worship. Seeing this article reminded me of that sermon.

I'm just wondering how people feel about this?

The old Laodicean message:

HOT

COLD

& Lukewarm (hot and cold mixed together)

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

Allah is equialant to the God in arabic. Most christians in middle east dont call God they call allah. The only difference between in islam and Christianity is that Muslim belive Jesus (Isah arabic name) is prophet of God not son of God. So does Muslim disrepect Jesus or Mariam .. the answer is no we infact take there names with outmost respect. Muslim will never make fun of Jesus or Mariam.

Those who believe in a triune or trinity god, like muslims, do not believe that Jesus Christ is the divine Son of the Only True God. Those that believe in a triune or trinity god teach that Jesus Christ, as a divine being, is only playing the role as the divine Son, but is not the true divine Son. In that regard what is the difference between the triune god and allah?

grw