ClubAdventist is back!

Archangel Micahel

Christopher

If Jesus was the Archangel Michael, did the angel die when Jesus became a baby? and if not doesn't that mean there is at least another Person of God?

The Book of Revelations does say there are 7 Spirits of God.

The Archangel if still in exsistance would make 5 i know of.

Christopher

JOHN 17:3 and 4

• Moderators

Of course he did not die, no more than Michael could have died when he appeared as a human being to Abraham and to Joshua and other apperences as a human in the Old Testament and when when he appeared as a burning bush to Moses and the pillar of fire by day and pillar of cloud by night. It is just that he took on the final form as the human Jesus is the form he will keep through the rest of eternity. C.S. Lewis had the right idea when he had a world of talking animals and had this aspect of God appear to them as a talking animal, and theologians have suggested that he appeared to the beings on the other planets as one of them, as he appeared to Abraham and others as another human, and to the angels as another angel, but that the form of Jesus again will be his final form.

The High Teaching in Judaism (and by that I mean the higher level or collegiate-like teaching of the faith) holds that G0D has Ten Numbers primarily, not just three or seven. Our Trinity concept seems woefully inadequate.

Their Teaching is that from the First Triad, of Infinite G0D and Mother and Father, are emanting in descending order another Seven Spirits of Mothers and Fathers, Sons and Daughters who give rise to all Creation. Are these not the Seven Spirits spoken of by John? Revelation 1:4

When joined with the Christian Trinity, do they not comprise Ten Spirits just like in the Jewish faith? Attending them are said by the Masters to be yet another 22 Spirits, represented in the 22 Letters of the Hebrew Alephbet (or 24 Letters as in the Greek Alphabet --the four and twenty Elders noted by John).

Still, One Infinite G0D alone is being expressed throughout, without actually being any of them. In other words, they are sometimes called God because G0D's spirit is in them, not because they themselves actually are God.

When we say this or that is the name whereby one shall be called, we are not truly saying it is who he himself actually is. We really are only referring to the Character being manifest through him. Isaiah 9:6

In the same way, we find the Jewish people as a whole being called the Name YHVH no less. Not because that is who they are, but because of the One who is in them. Jeremiah 33:16 & 23:6

2 Samuel 24:1-- The LORD moved David to number Israel.

1 Chronicles 21:1-- SATAN moved David to number Israel.

Im have no real knowledge but from what i can see I think jesus also had the title of Arc angel and Lord God, The Lord God accepted to give us a portion of his heart in exchange for the whole of our sinfullness OLD man.Therefore its not just a spiritual experience but a physical one so this Sin condition(not sins) remains in the Son of God for eternity as there are no acts of sin confessed at the moment of conversion.

In light of this at this point(only my opionion) i think he still remains a combination of Arc angel and lord God and also is now very much the man christ Jesus with scars and may even partake in the tree of life by symbolic choice although his divinity never completely dies it carries the burden eternally as depicted by a crusifiction(slow drawn out death) for a picture to our slow minds.So although he chose to be lower than the angels in his condition to save us the things of divinity are changeless and still remain.Perhaps Gabriel will become the acting arc angel in angel things(I havent got that far into the bible yet)even so the angels all sing the praises of the lord and watch these events with amazment for only the father knows the time when all choice is made as we are his offspring he also directs the angels and the spirit as depicted in the creation the waters above the earth going to the earth below to perform his tasks and return to be directed again so it appears they do still follow the lord in the beginning was the Word/lord god/jesus/creating and the word was with God/father/thinking and will follow at his return by his lead.

Jesus/Lord God/Arc Angel became seperated from his father and what he experienced on the cross was his lonelyness from the father and that is what sin does as show by the vail in the sanctuary or the fear in adam and eve at the moment of sin and the same post sin 'fear'(websters term not precept original) animals now have of us(although a positive is meat eating by nesescity or not isn't so burdend with guilt if eating a now "stupid" animal rather than a previous garden companion ), So jesus died of a lonely heart.(I thought id throw this last common knowledge section in to give light to how His open resume and experiences good and bad for Arc angel is probably seen and praised by the loyal angels who shout"Jesus the changeless eternal king of kings from the foundation!")

Anyhow i just thought that up so could be majorly wrong ive only been to church about 14 times in my entire life so take with a grain of salt, but i love to think and learn and hopefully something of value in it.

have a great sabbath!! :D

thou left thy first love-agape

Angel means 'messenger'. Michael is the Head or Chief (Arch) of the messengers.

And Michael is the name of Christ in the Old Testament.

So Michael (Christ) is the Head or Chief of the Angels.

He is also God's Chief Messenger.

Without sounding too unoriginal, the best study guide for the Bible is Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

Oh no. Now we are classifying Ellen White as an angel. Just what we needed.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

That thought about EGW the messenger/angel occurred to me sometime ago but I chose not express it... Is that what she meant when she said she was more than a prophet? I sort of thought it would get some folk way too excited. Of course for those who deify her, turning her into a lesser heavenly being would be an unbearable demotion... angelnot

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

A messenger is one who bears a message.

This can be for God or for Satan.

So there are both Holy angels and evil angels.

And so Satan and his angels are more than a prophet?

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Now you've entered into perilous waters, my friend!

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

isn't that the whole idea of "Original Thoughts"?

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

And let the adventure begin!

• Members

That's definitely original Woody. :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 5 weeks later...

this is how i think of it!

JESUS as MICHAEL (which name means SAME AS GOD)

walked in the streets of gold with all the heavenly beings!

interacted and fellowshipped with the angels!

God the Father sat upon the Throne as a figureheadif u will.

these are poor choice of wors im using-maybe a wordsmith can convey my thoughts on this better.

but anyhoo

THE FATHER AS GOD let HIS GLORY LOOSE where angels hid their faces and veil THEIR FACES

JESUS identified himself as one of the angels as the LORD OF HOSTS!

even from eternity back HE walked with HIS CREATION!

is this a beautiful pattern?

MICHAEL may have funnelled HIMSELF into a zygote or somethin when in marys womb-still living

Hard to even comprehend that statement!

but i dont think HE DIED TO INCARNATE just changed form like a beautiful butterfly going into a cocoon and becoming a lowly caterpillar!

this is such a heady topic cause we as humans dont understand ETERNAL SELF EXISTANT GOD BEINGS

so all i can point to is the CREATIONS of this earth to catch a tiny glimpse of A CREATOR

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

• 4 weeks later...

Tom,

Where did EGW say she was more than a prophet? I have never heard this quote before and am curious as to where it can be found.

Quirky - you bring up a good point. Ellen White never called herself more than a prophet. Perhaps others are confusing her with our saviour Jesus Christ. For Ellen White DID call Jesus more than a prophet.

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

Actually she did describe her role as encompassing more than that of a prophet. See for example 1 SM 32,36; 3 SM 74; UL 160; RH, July 26, 1906. She preferred to be known as the Lord's messenger which seems a direct allusion to what Jesus said of John the Baptist being more than a prophet since he was God's messenger sent to prepare the way for the Messiah. (See Matthew 11:9-10.) Woody is correct that she regularly referred to Jesus as being more than a prophet.

Thanks for the correction Tom. She never called herself more than a prophet but she did indicate that she had more work than a prophet.

I believe in Hematology.

• 2 weeks later...

My copies of SM are packed away right now so I can't read the passages you site, however, I did find a quote in 8T 236, 237 where she says she was commissioned to be a messenger to receive and communicate a message.

It seems to me that Jesus' remark regarding John the Baptist has more to do with Elijah's work of preparing the way than of simply relaying a message.

Artyn, very good post. We only can know what has been given to us by Jesus as we know that there is the Father Almighty, the Holy Spirit as the 'Mother God' and Michael coming to this earth by being placed into Mary as a zygot form of Michael to which His name was then Jesus Christ. The Family "GOD" is what those found in Rev. 12:17 will some day become.

I think Mrs White was for the most part, not very concerned about asserting what she was; just what God wanted her to do. All of her descriptors of herself, seem to point in that direction.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ