ClubAdventist is back!

Is prayer ...

Woody

part of religion?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

part of religion?

Do you know anyone that is not a member of a church that prays? I don't myself recall ever meeting someone like that. That doesn't mean that there aren't people that are studying the Bible who don't pray.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Originally Posted By: Woody
part of religion?

Do you know anyone that is not a member of a church that prays? I don't myself recall ever meeting someone like that. That doesn't mean that there aren't people that are studying the Bible who don't pray.

I think I heard that those in fox holes pray.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I think I heard that those in fox holes pray.

I think I read a number of posts here that claim that's not true. And I believe someone started a thread that also claims this is not true. The problem is that when I hear and see war stories there is always stories about those that claim that they don't believe in a God, asking for prays. So even though they claim they are not religious maybe just maybe they haven't come out of the closet yet.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

I am not sure I would describe prayer as "part of religion".

I would describe prayer as the lifeblood of the Christian life. There is a difference.

I guess I would ask if "Christianity" is a religion?

I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

I would venture to say that Christianity is a religion. Prayer is its breath.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 months later...

I believe that Christianity is more than a religion but also a lifestyle. And in that lifestyle, prayer is one of the backbones that should be included in our daily walk with God. It keeps us connected to God.

I must I say that I agree that Christianity as a religion doesn't make sense because how can believe something that changes your life without living it? So it should be a lifestyle.