ClubAdventist is back!

The more PLEASANT his words, the more PERSUASIVE he is

Stan

‎"A wise, mature person is known for his understanding. The more PLEASANT his words, the more PERSUASIVE he is" Pr16:21 TEV

Thanks to my facebook friend Nancy Yuen.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

I call that a smooth talker...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

But see, that's usually used pejoratively about a sleazy person who is using the pleasant words as means toward unpleasant ends.

There's plenty of good counsel in the Bible about our words, from 'a soft answer turns away wrath' to being 'wise as serpents and harmless as doves'.

People tend not to be persuaded to change their ideas by someone telling them their ideas (and, by extension, they) are stupid. Someone who listens and then shares humbly in the context of what they learned is more likely to be persuasive.

Truth is important

Smooth talkers ... including pastors .... I rarely pay heed to.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Smooth talkers ... including pastors .... I rarely pay heed to.

You prefer rough talkers?

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

People tend not to be persuaded to change their ideas by someone telling them their ideas (and, by extension, they) are stupid. Someone who listens and then shares humbly in the context of what they learned is more likely to be persuasive.

I have also found that I tend not to be persuaded by those who confuse volume with assurance.

I don't learn much from someone who is yelling and screaming at me.

If my husband turns on the Christian satellite TV and the resulting rant can be heard right across to the other side of the house, I escape out into the garden to commune with nature. (and often learn much more about God in the silence).

AJ

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

From 1 Kings 9:

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Truth is important

• Members

I have also found that I tend not to be persuaded by those who confuse volume with assurance.

I don't learn much from someone who is yelling and screaming at me.

If my husband turns on the Christian satellite TV and the resulting rant can be heard right across to the other side of the house, I escape out into the garden to commune with nature. (and often learn much more about God in the silence).

AJ

I can agree with this also. But there are many who prefer the message loud and clear, especially my African American brothers and sisters. For me it depends on the preacher. Some who scream, I have a problem with. Take for instances Pastor Peirson of Breath of Life, I love to hear him and there are others. My wife on the other hand doesn't enjoy that.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

From 1 Kings 9:

11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

thumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.