ClubAdventist is back!

Uncle has Cancer, about a year to live

Guest truthseeker007

Guest truthseeker007

Unfortunately my uncle has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Medics say he has got maybe a year left to live. Now my uncle doesn t know anything about seventh day adventism and i see him like one time each year. Should i give him the book great controversy? I am not very good at converting people actually. I know God can heal people, but people have to know the God who heals them. So this is a problem.

However, God himself says in his word that he is extremely great, wise, allmighty etc. I don t think God is arrogant, i think he is truthfull. So please pray not only that my unce will be healed from his cancer, but also that he will come to the knowledge of the truth. I really want to help him with this, unfortunately my belief system is kind of taboo in my family, but that shouldn t stop me. If he gets here, i will give em my book of the great controversy i think. Why am i such a coward? why don t i have the courage to stand up for what i believe?perhaps my faith is not so great as it is supposed to be. Ohw how i wish God would reveal himself to me personally in a much cleared why, so i wouldn t have to doubt His word. So please pray for me too, that i might have more faith in God.

• Administrators

truthseeker

I'm sorry for your bad news! If your uncle has not a relationship with Jesus, why not fill him with the love of Christ by giving him instead the book, Desire of Ages? Or even, Steps to Christ?

May God bless your encounter with him!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Guest truthseeker007

Thanks Dgrimm for your prayers. Yes my uncle assumes he is a christian, but actually he is a pentecostal. So it s kind of a difficult situation, for if God heals him now, he will probably believe even more in the pentecostal movement. So that s why i wanted to give him the book great controversy, for in that book it is clear, who God is, and what he desires from his creatures. Also, the great controversy is the only book i have from EG White.

Gail, i hope i ll see him again soon. But it s kind of an awkward situation. But i am not ashamed of God. On the contrary i am proud of him, but i know my family will think i am crazy and weird and stuff, but so be it. Thanks anyway for your advice and prayers:)

• Moderators

TS, I would start your uncle out with a copy of Steps to Christ or something else that is shorter than Great Controversy. GC is a great book, but it is also hard reading for most people and pretty long. A lot depends on how much of a reader he is. If he enjoys history and is a very good reader, then GC just might be the right book for him. Otherwise Desire of Ages would be good.

I'll be praying for you and him. :-)

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Members

Good Sabbath TS. Sorry to hear about your uncle, will add him to our pray list. Still praying for you also. Does your Uncle live close, or far away. If close why not visit him as often as possible. Let him know that many are praying for him and that God loves him. Take care and keep us up to date as to what's happening.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

TS, I would start your uncle out with a copy of Steps to Christ or something else that is shorter than Great Controversy. GC is a great book, but it is also hard reading for most people and pretty long. A lot depends on how much of a reader he is. If he enjoys history and is a very good reader, then GC just might be the right book for him. Otherwise Desire of Ages would be good.

I'll be praying for you and him. :-)

TS- Pray about it and see how the Lord leads. If your uncle is too sick to do a heavy read, then the DA or the shorter Steps to Christ might be enough to draw Him into God's presence.

Or give him all 3! :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest truthseeker007

Thank you all for your prayers. My uncle had an operation in which the cancer was removed. I hope it is all out of his body now. Praise the Lord, and thank you all for your prayers. The Lord is so good and he is so gracefull to us.

Guest truthseeker007

A couple of days i started reading DOA, it is an amazing book. It changed my perception of Jesus forever. I thought, that when Jesus was born as a baby, he knew who he was, and knew everything from everybody. But just like us, he had to learn and grow in strenght and wisdom. It is amazing that Jesus really has become one of us. Therefore, his love for human beings MUST be genuine. For why would one part of the eternal Godhead decide to become one of us, if he didn t really love us?

A couple of days i started reading DOA, it is an amazing book. It changed my perception of Jesus forever. I thought, that when Jesus was born as a baby, he knew who he was, and knew everything from everybody. But just like us, he had to learn and grow in strenght and wisdom. It is amazing that Jesus really has become one of us. Therefore, his love for human beings MUST be genuine. For why would one part of the eternal Godhead decide to become one of us, if he didn t really love us?

How cool. Some amazing thoughts.

Thanks TS

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

And a babe born into poverty, no less!

TS, I am currently studying about the OT sanctuary. In its wilderness wanderings, it had no floor, just dirt. The priests washed their feet and still did not have a carpet to walk on, but they were to touch the earth when they ministered. This symbolized that God reached right down to earth, the material He made man with, when He sent His Son. He wanted to mingle right where man is, and Jesus did just that.

God's plan of love IS amazing, and the more you look into it the better it gets!