• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• abelisle

• John317

• tribeofjudah

There is a thread in World Affairs and another in the Obituaries already about this. I hope we don't get into a bunch of politics here in Town Hall.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Check the news...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Now, this will likely strengthen Obama's run for a Second Term.

The death of the man did not bother me as much as my own reaction at the news, which literally, at least mementarily, bordered on joy. Can a Christian find any joy in death except they be closer to the person who brought death than any Christian ought to be. It would definitely seem be seen as a need for a heart transplant.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Why have we seen no pictures of the body? Why the immediate burial at sea. Once again we have just Obama's word for it. nuff sed

• Moderators

lol, I guess you'll want the death certificate. Oh, but that will be fake right.

I think they giving the tin foil wearers "enough rope".

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

Why have we seen no pictures of the body? Why the immediate burial at sea. Once again we have just Obama's word for it. nuff sed

Actually I'm sure that fairly soon there will be pictures of his body made available. In fact, they will probably be posted on certain gory, ghastly websites for anyone who wants to see them.

I don't think there can be any doubt that the President will gain in popularity after bin Laden's death, but it's hard to say how much of it will last by the time of the election. I think the economy and Afghanistan will play an even more important part in determining if he's elected. If the economy improves, and he makes no major mistakes, it's likely no one will be able to beat him. But that's a big bunch of IFs.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

'nuffsaid was right on point. But then does it really matter? Don't we all know that their will shortly be a one world government set up? Don'w we all know that the US Constitution must first be done away with in order to have complete control? Don't we now that they use FEAR to abolish the bill of rights? But mostly, don't we all know that those in the government are all liars? I mean----when was the last time you ever heard them tell the truth?

Originally Posted By: tribeofjudah
Check the news...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

Now, this will likely strengthen Obama's run for a Second Term.

The death of the man did not bother me as much as my own reaction at the news, which literally, at least mementarily, bordered on joy. Can a Christian find any joy in death except they be closer to the person who brought death than any Christian ought to be. It would definitely seem be seen as a need for a heart transplant.

God blesses! peace

2 Chron. 20:23

"For the children of Ammon and Moab stood up against the inhabitants of mount Seir, utterly to slay and destroy [them]: and when they had made an end of the inhabitants of Seir, every one helped to destroy another.

20:24 And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they [were] dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.

20:25 And when Jehoshaphat and his people came to take away the spoil of them, they found among them in abundance both riches with the dead bodies, and precious jewels, which they stripped off for themselves, more than they could carry away: and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much.

20:26 And on the fourth day they assembled themselves in the valley of Berachah; for there they blessed the LORD: therefore the name of the same place was called, The valley of Berachah, unto this day.

20:27 Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, and Jehoshaphat in the forefront of them, to go again to Jerusalem with joy; for the LORD had made them to rejoice over their enemies.

20:28 And they came to Jerusalem with psalteries and harps and trumpets unto the house of the LORD.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Gordon, so your saying the Seal Team messed up by not letting their own men die, if that's what it took, to take him alive?

It was a fire fight, Bin Laden himself was firing, if/when those facts check out I don't see that they had an option. Kill or be killed, such is the nature of a fire fight when neither side is willing to surrender.

Islam law says a burial should take place within 24 hours, the body was handled based on the law's of Islam and buried accordingly.

We only have Obama's word on it? That suggests Obama was lieing, that this whole thing is one huge conspiracy to cover up the fact that Bin Laden still lives and that Obama is a liar. Seriously? Have you considered how easy it would be for Al Queda to show proof of Bin Ladens life if they were able? To expose this "lie" before the world? It is mind boggling what some people will believe regardless of any logic or reason that might apply. Oh, by the way, the moon landing? Yeah, they lied about that too...

There is a thread on this forum about SDA's and conspiracy theories, you know, it's starting to make sense. Is there something in the Adventist water that causes this or what? :)

'nuffsaid was right on point. But then does it really matter? Don't we all know that their will shortly be a one world government set up? Don'w we all know that the US Constitution must first be done away with in order to have complete control? Don't we now that they use FEAR to abolish the bill of rights? But mostly, don't we all know that those in the government are all liars? I mean----when was the last time you ever heard them tell the truth?

You are way behind Rich. Don't you know that when the leader(s) ignore the constitution, that it is in effect, already done away with? Two federal judges have struck down obamacare and declared it to be un-constitutional. And what good has it done? They (the B.H.O. regime) continue to implement it as if nothing had happened. They know it's un-constitutional, but they don't care. So what good is a constitution that has been rendered null and void by the very ones who are sworn to uphold it?

I saw the picture of the body. Totally gross. Some people just thrive on the macabe. (sp)

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

But mostly, don't we all know that those in the government are all liars? I mean----when was the last time you ever heard them tell the truth?

"Everything is pure to those whose hearts are pure. But nothing is pure to those who are corrupt and unbelieving, because their minds and consciences are corrupted."Titus 1:15 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: LifeHiscost

God blesses! peace

2 Chron. 20:23 Then they returned, every man of Judah and Jerusalem, and Jehoshaphat in the forefront of them, to go again to Jerusalem with joy; for the LORD had made them to rejoice over their enemies.

To find joy in victory over the enemy seems to be different than enjoying anyone's death, be they friend or foe.

"As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of wicked people. I only want them to turn from their wicked ways so they can live. Turn! Turn from your wickedness, O people of Israel! Why should you die? "Ezekiel 33:11 NLT

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

No trial, no autopsy? Just another assasination? No democratic justice here.

My understanding was that it was a firefight resulting from an unwillingness to surrender. Would that our enemies were as understanding as you might be when someone had an AK 47 pointing at your body.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Gordon, so your saying the Seal Team messed up by not letting their own men die, if that's what it took, to take him alive?

It was a fire fight, Bin Laden himself was firing, if/when those facts check out I don't see that they had an option. Kill or be killed, such is the nature of a fire fight when neither side is willing to surrender.

Islam law says a burial should take place within 24 hours, the body was handled based on the law's of Islam and buried accordingly.

We only have Obama's word on it? That suggests Obama was lieing, that this whole thing is one huge conspiracy to cover up the fact that Bin Laden still lives and that Obama is a liar. Seriously? Have you considered how easy it would be for Al Queda to show proof of Bin Ladens life if they were able? To expose this "lie" before the world? It is mind boggling what some people will believe regardless of any logic or reason that might apply. Oh, by the way, the moon landing? Yeah, they lied about that too...

There is a thread on this forum about SDA's and conspiracy theories, you know, it's starting to make sense. Is there something in the Adventist water that causes this or what? :)

I am in total agreement that Bin Laden was a despicable person; however, I do not get satisfaction from any death – even that of my enemies. It is my opinion, that as an Adventist, I have the assurance and understanding that the world is destined for ruin. No amount of death, policy or wishful thinking will change what is written. I put no trust in government or its dealings – it makes no sense! It’s tantamount to cheering for a team that will ultimately seek to kill you once they win.

Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. John 18:35-36

I make a conscience effort to remove myself from this world. As an Adventist, how can I praise the actions of a government whose real intentions have been foretold? Have we forgotten the second beast of Revelation 13? Do you believe the U.S. will miraculously transform into this beast? Mind you, the Roman church was and is the beast from the beginning. Bin Laden’s death will not change biblical prophecy. We must not be sided tracked! There is NO CONSPIRACY regarding this matter.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Romans 2:1p

"Many Seventh-day Adventists refuse to enter the army as combatants, but participate as medics, ambulance drivers, etc. During World War II in Germany, many SDA conscientious objectors were sent to concentration camps or mental institutions; some were executed. Some Seventh-day Adventists volunteered for the US Army's Operation Whitecoat, participating in research to help others. The Church preferred to call them "conscientious participants", because they were willing to risk their lives as test subjects in potentially life-threatening research. Over 2,200 Seventh-day Adventists volunteered in experiments involving various infectious agents during the 1950s through the 1970s in Fort Detrick, MD. “ A schism arose during and after World War I between Seventh-day Adventists in Germany who agreed to serve in the military if conscripted and those who rejected all participation in warfare — the latter group eventually forming a separate church (the Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement).

Let’s not forget our history!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious_objector

Is there something in the Adventist water that causes this or what? :)

For the most part I chuckled in agreement with your post, ClubV12' but I am wondering why you felt the need to isolate the Adventists as those different about conspiracies than innumerable other humans.

But then if one doesn't believe there is a devil who is willing to subvert the body of Christ any way he can, I can understand your willingness to believe there are no major conspiracies in high places in this world.

God blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Have you considered how easy it would be for Al Queda to show proof of Bin Ladens life if they were able? To expose this "lie" before the world?

But why would they? Wouldn't Bin Laden be better off with the world thinking he was dead?

• Moderators

Just tagging on.

If you were president, would you as an Adventist have authorized an assasination?

Where did you see it? I don't think they have released it yet.

[/quote

I saw it on the net news channel where they had a lineup of 729 still photos and began at photo 39, I believe, and I proceeded in reverse order. Sorry I didn't save the URL. You know, Richard, it reminds me of the rubber necking that happens along the freeway when there is a particularly horrendous auto accident with a lot of carnage.

I didn't think it was worth saving for the same reason I didn't watch "The Passion of the Christ". It would have been like watching my best friend be humiliated, abused, and slaughtered.

No thanks, although Osama wasn't my best friend. LoL

"And the last enemy to be destroyed is death."1 Corinthians 15:26 NLT

God Blesses! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

Reports of photos of bin Laden's body are hoaxes right now, according to info on FB.

Would I, as an Adventist, endorse the assassination of bin Laden if I was the POTUS? You betcha.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

It's hard for me to even imagine a Seventh Day Adventist as POTUS. There would be SO many issues to deal with well before the election came about. Let alone being in Office!

It was the right decision though, SDA or not, and one I would have made in that position. The decision was "to go in", because based on the data there was a high probability of a person of interest on the site. Quite possibly Bin Laden, but no gaurentee. As I understand it, 22 people were killed, but none needed to die. They could have surrendered, dropped their weapons and submitted to the authorities for interogation. If they were law abiding citizens, no problem! If they were terrorists their options were, surrender, or fight. They chose to fight, with the use of deadly force, which was returned in kind.

When the police knock on your door, it's a good idea to surrender immediately, rather than pick up a gun. Regardless of whether you think the police are authorized or not, you can work that out later. They have guns, if you fight, you risk death rather than dialog. Either way, it's your call.

A tougher decision would be to specifically make a call that would offer no choice. An assasination for instance. Or, to drop or not drop the "bomb" on Japan. Was the Seal Team told to assasinate Bin Laden if his identity could be confirmed? I doubt it, I think he was more valuable dead than alive and death was not the primary goal.

• Members

Just tagging on.

If you were president, would you as an Adventist have authorized an assasination?

Yes , I would. Weren't there "approved" assassinations in the Bible or at least stories centering around them?

BTW, I knew an Adventist who was a member of Delta Force and I've worked out with some guys who were Navy Seals. What they do is very professional and business-like. What all of this reminds me of were King David's "mighty men" in 2 Samuel 23.

As most of you know the training is exceptionally tough with over a 50% dropout rate. It is understood that the most elite Seal Team 6 was involved in this operation. Their training is both tough and dangerous with casualties occurring(rarely) in training.

When I worked out with them, the focus is on endurance rather than strength, something I've been pushing for years. For example, we would run 5 miles to a gym, do some intense weight training on a what is called a circuit (hi reps, low wt., min. rest)then run 5 miles back to where we started. I never participated in any swim workouts but was told about them.

Imagine swimming a few miles underwater in open water vs. a pool, then coming out and running a half-marathon! (13.1 miles)As for weapons training, I was told that at the toughest levels, they train with weapons "hot" (live ammo). Needless to say, they have the latest gadgetry for their weapons. For example, in the Somali pirate hijacking operation, computerized sighting and gyroscopic mounts were used for their snipers.

Lastly, I give major "props" to our Navy Seals who simply conducted business in a very exceptional manner and came away with an historic mission. These are our "mighty men". May God bless them!

Alex (would have failed the swimming portion if I would've qualified)

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com