• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• abelisle

• John317

• tribeofjudah

• Members

Originally Posted By: Gordon1
Even the FBI did not consider him a wanted man.

Best to check the facts before making statements such as the one above. Bin Laden was #1 on the FBI's Most Wanted list.

FBI website

poke So now...you can shake the hand that shook the hand of J. Edgar Hoover.

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

%

Sky, the most recent report I've seen says the DNA tests results are already in. 99% sure it was indeed Bin Laden.

The question that led me to was: Is it possible to get DNA test results back so quickly? It always seems to take weeks in even the most profoud cases, for some reason. If it's possible to get results so quickly they really burned the midnight oil in this case!

Also, who ever heard of DNA only proving 99% of anything? That's ridiculous! When DNA comes back, it usually says something like:

There is 1 chance in 250 Billion, that this is not the one. In other words, it's FAR beyond any 99%.

I felt a sense of relief when I heard the news. I fear that he was not saved and that makes me sad. Maybe what happened to him was necessary but I cannot rejoice about his death.

I will rejoice that the world is a safer place. More time to present Jesus to a lost world .

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Can't believe it!!! AQ now colluding with the US military and Obama admin over the death of OBL.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-confirms-bin-laden-death-monitoring-group-122049286.html

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Can't believe it!!! AQ now colluding with the US military and Obama admin over the death of OBL.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/al-qaeda-confirms-bin-laden-death-monitoring-group-122049286.html

Obama and Osama agreeing? I have nothing to say.

I believe in Hematology.

Almost a stark contrast from what I have been reading in the forum. Just interesting.

"The Christian is not simply in favor of life for the unborn, for the innocent, for those we care for, for our families and friends, for our fellow citizens, for our fellow church members or even for those whom we consider good, but for all. All life is sacred because God created all life. This is what lies behind Jesus’s most difficult command: “I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” wrote Martin.

“As a Christian, I am asked to pray for him and, at some point, forgive him. And that command comes to us from Jesus, a man who was beaten, tortured and killed. That command comes from a man who knows a great deal about suffering. It also comes from God.”

Jesuit Father James Martin

http://www.jesuit.org/index.php/2011/05/...n-ladens-death/

When my wife and I first heard the news, and the subsequent jubilation in Times Square in New York City we both looked at each other wordlessly, unable to express our deep sadness at how far from grace American Society has fallen.

Let us never as Christians forget the awful truth at upon hearing that the two witnesses were killed,and their dead bodies unburied in the street, that the those in the earth made merry over them and sent gifts to one another to celebrate their destruction. Revelation 10:7-10.

If we would maintain the Spirit of Jesus, let us recall that the loving Father is not happy with the death of the wicked,nor would He be pleased with a spirit of revenge that leads harboring thoughts of hatred, which then leads to murder in the hearts of His own, His own purchase of blood.

I am reminded of the words found in Steps to Christ,

"His ( Jesus') life was one of self-denial and thoughtful care for others. Every soul was precious in His eyes. While He ever bore Himself with divine dignity, He bowed with the tenderest regard to every member of the family of God. In all men He saw fallen souls whom it was His mission to save." (Ch. God's Love for Man)

Should not the same divine dignity reside in our hearts as well? Let us never forget the divine rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

For those of us who still can recoil at the recall the events in Somalia when bodies of U.S. soldiers were dragged through the streets with the exultant crowds smiling and waving their weapons in the air. Is there not any of us who shuddered at the complete vulgarity and callousness of it?

Then let us not partake of the same spirit. For God in heaven is no respecter of persons. Forgiveness and peace, towards all, even if it means that our own lives are poured out like a sacrifice, this is the spirit of Jesus.

• Moderators

It is natural for a people to celebrate their nation's victory over their nation's enemy. Especailly considering who it is and what he did and how long Americans have been waiitng to catch him and stop him from doing those things again.

Peersonally I wouldn't celebrate his death-- my first thought was that I hoped he knew Jesus and had truly repented of his sins-- but I don't blame other people for celebrating. It's a good day for America, certainly not a bad day. America had every right to do what we did. I was relieved the US finally got bin Laden and put an end to his killing, but I wasn't glad a human being got killed. I would feel the same no matter who it is, including Hitler and Stalin.

However, if you study the history of the Revolutionary War, the American Civil War, WW I and WW II, you will notice there was plenty of celebrating when the US defeated its enemies. That's to be expected. Up until the 1950s or so, we used to still celebrate VE day-- victory in Europe. Some countries still celebrate military victories every year-- such as Mexico on Cinqo de Mayo. We do it every 4th of July.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

In the OT ... God approved of celebrations of bloody victories. Not sure there is anything wrong with celebrations over evil.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

For those of us who still can recoil at the recall the events in Somalia when bodies of U.S. soldiers were dragged through the streets with the exultant crowds smiling and waving their weapons in the air. Is there not any of us who shuddered at the complete vulgarity and callousness of it?

Yeah, but you are not equating the killing of bin Laden with that, are you? Consider how the US treated his body. I have never seen Americans do what was done in Somalia, and I doubt Americans would celebrate dragging anyone's body through the streets that way, no matter whose body it was.

I can't blame the Italians for doing it to Mussolini, but I notice Americans have never done that. We executed war criminals after a fair trial but they died with dignity and their bodies were treated with dignity.

I'm not sugggesting that we Americans are without blame or that as a people we are angels-- we are certainly not!-- but at the same time, history shows that there's a difference.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

In my heart of hearts, I wish that God in His providence would have allowed Osama Bin Laden to live if it meant the furtherance of His gospel and of His Kingdom. There are reports of reprisal attacks upon Christian institutions and their members. The following is a quote from God Discussion dot com,

"According to Jonathan Racho of the International Christian Concern (ICC),'…when Muslim radicals are enraged by the actions of Western countries they always take revenge actions against Christians because they see Christians as agents of the west…'"

Death of Osama Bin Laden: Nigerian Christians Abandon their Homes in Panic

May 6, 2011 By johnthomas didymus

Sometimes when it comes these events the less the Church is seen as taking sides in the affairs of nations, the more able God is able to use His multinational family to bless the multinational community.

The Joy and Celebrtation of the Al Qaedah movement when the twin tower were attacked at the 9/11 incident was far greater than what the American did over the death of Bin Laden. I personally feel releived that he is dead. Not that I support evil to repay with evil treatment but to minimize the death of innocent people caused by Bin Laden..also as a warning to those who plan to do evil that no matter how smart they think they are, one day truth will prevail. God allowed war in the old testament, not that He likes the shed of blood but because he does not compromised sins and disobedient.

The rules of life

- Love and serve God

- Remember choices, not circumstances, determine the flavor of our lives

- Live each day so that you'll never be afraid of tomorrow nor ashamed of yesterday

• Members

The Joy and Celebrtation of the Al Qaedah movement when the twin tower were attacked at the 9/11 incident was far greater than what the American did over the death of Bin Laden. I personally feel releived that he is dead. Not that I support evil to repay with evil treatment but to minimize the death of innocent people caused by Bin Laden..also as a warning to those who plan to do evil that no matter how smart they think they are, one day truth will prevail. God allowed war in the old testament, not that He likes the shed of blood but because he does not compromised sins and disobedient.

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Could you kill babies and children even if God told you to? This is one area around which I can not wrap my mind around if we believe God is a loving God.

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Could you kill babies and children even if God told you to? This is one area around which I can not wrap my mind around if we believe God is a loving God.

Yes, good point Alex. American & coalition forces have been doing this for years in Iraq & Afghanistan, as testified by many winter soldiers. Just following orders - there is no choice in the war zone. Bomb, strafe, burn - collateral damage. Perhaps worse are the severe birth deformities brought about by Depleted Uranium poisoning from all our weapons of democracy. Radioactive dust blanketing the land of Ur of the Chaldees. Of course our own troops are exposed as well.

It is natural for a people to celebrate their nation's victory over their nation's enemy. Especailly considering who it is and what he did and how long Americans have been waiitng to catch him and stop him from doing those things again.

Peersonally I wouldn't celebrate his death-- my first thought was that I hoped he knew Jesus and had truly repented of his sins-- but I don't blame other people for celebrating. It's a good day for America, certainly not a bad day. America had every right to do what we did. I was relieved the US finally got bin Laden and put an end to his killing, but I wasn't glad a human being got killed. I would feel the same no matter who it is, including Hitler and Stalin.

However, if you study the history of the Revolutionary War, the American Civil War, WW I and WW II, you will notice there was plenty of celebrating when the US defeated its enemies. That's to be expected. Up until the 1950s or so, we used to still celebrate VE day-- victory in Europe. Some countries still celebrate military victories every year-- such as Mexico on Cinqo de Mayo. We do it every 4th of July.

Originally Posted By: MariaS

Why? If God told you to, then why would that automatically disqualify Him from being loving? Maybe He knows more about what's really loving than we do?? And where's the connection between OBL's crew and babies/children?

• Members

Doug,

I was responding to the statement that God doesn't like the shedding of blood. As we know, in the OT there was lots of killing. But, specifically, this idea that God knows best (which I believe) still runs in the face of whether you could kill on command - could you - would you?

I know I couldn't in regard to babies and children anyway.

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Doug,

I was responding to the statement that God doesn't like the shedding of blood. As we know, in the OT there was lots of killing. But, specifically, this idea that God knows best (which I believe) still runs in the face of whether you could kill on command - could you - would you?

I know I couldn't in regard to babies and children anyway.

Alex

I'm not talking feeling like maybe, I'm talking God actually communicating this to you so that you KNEW He commanded you to do it?? Would that change your reaction?

If I knew it was God, and not mental illness, I would kill whoever He told me too. But, for me, that would mean God speaking to me in the presence of many witnesses. It comes down to trusting God more than trusting myself. If God says, "seventh day" I don't try to reason things out but simply agree. OK, God, seventh day. Regardless what it is. If the Bible says it, I believe it. The Bible, is the closest to God actually speaking to me that I have.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity