ClubAdventist is back!

Bin Laden is Dead....

tribeofjudah

Life was brutal is the OT times. Christian or non christian, one tribe wiped out another tribe, men, women & children. God never changes. It was man that became more brutal.

I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.

Frederick Douglass

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifeHiscost

• abelisle

• John317

• tribeofjudah

• Members

If I knew it was God, and not mental illness, I would kill whoever He told me too. But, for me, that would mean God speaking to me in the presence of many witnesses. It comes down to trusting God more than trusting myself. If God says, "seventh day" I don't try to reason things out but simply agree. OK, God, seventh day. Regardless what it is. If the Bible says it, I believe it. The Bible, is the closest to God actually speaking to me that I have.

Can I assume you would then have no problems with killing small children and babies?

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Members

Life was brutal is the OT times. Christian or non christian, one tribe wiped out another tribe, men, women & children. God never changes. It was man that became more brutal.

thumbsup great post, I was actually thinking the same thing.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Can I assume you would then have no problems with killing small children and babies?

You don't have to assume anything. I will speak in very clear language. I have no problem with God's revealed will. If I know for a fact that it is coming from God, I am willing to do whatever He directs me to do. To do otherwise would be to second-guess God. That would mean that I would be saying that my judgement is better than God's judgment. God asked Job, "Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn Me, that thou mayest be righteous?" (40:9) Who are we to second-guess God? "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding." (38:4) Who is the creature to question the Creator? He is the Potter and we are the clay. "O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel." (Jer. 18:6)

If God tells us to kill women and children, who are we to disobey? What moral code is higher than God's command? The issue is, how do I know it is God telling me to do that? Except in time of war, I would never kill anyone because another human being told me to - and it is questionable whether I would do it in war. However if the Almighty told me, like He did Moses, there is not doubt. I will follow Him wherever He leads me. "Though none go with me, still I will follow."

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

Good for you Shane.

For me it's not about obeying or not or second-guessing God. I just couldn't kill children and babies. Guess I'm not cut out to be a soldier in the Israelite army?

You are the better man.

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Members

Good for you Shane.

For me it's not about obeying or not or second-guessing God. I just couldn't kill children and babies. Guess I'm not cut out to be a soldier in the Israelite army?

You are the better man.

First of all ab I don't believe that at this time of earth's history that he would ask this of us. There was a place and a time, its not today. I'm with you though, not sure I'd do that now, but had this been back in OT times, I would have no problem.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 weeks later...

If you have the Military Channel 287 on Directv, you can watch a recent documentary on "Killing bin Laden"....

It's pretty good........