ClubAdventist is back!

Wave bye bye

Amelia

So, the Arctic is for the Bears,

and the Antarctic is for the birds. . .?

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:

It's all going to burn. 2 Peter 3:10, 12.

Revelation 11:18

The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come ... for destroying those who destroy the earth. (NIV)

... should destroy those who destroy the earth. (NKJV)

the time came ... to destroy those who destroy the earth. (NASB)

The time has come to reward your servants, who fear your Name and destroy the destroyers of earth. (Message)

thy wrath is come, and the time ... that thou shouldest ... destroy them which destroy the earth. (KJV)

Pretty clear.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It really is an error to think that drilling for oil in a national park is going to harm the wildlife in the area. Where I live we have an oil well in Target's parking lot and another in the parking lot of a major movie theater parking lot. They don't take up that much space and the oil pumped out is send down a pipeline to another location.

I am very much an environmentalist but I am a reasonable one. I am glad to see the price of gas finally go up. I just hope it doesn't go up too fast so as to cause bad inflation. Higher gas prices mean that Americans will buy smaller cars and polute the air less. It also means that oil companies will spend more to find more oil reserves. Thus demand will decrease and supply will increae. Problem is that eventually that will cause prices to drop again so people will go back to big cars.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Planey, I do not mean to say that we do not have a duty to be faithful stewards of the natural world, which still belongs to God. But we need a better sense of proportion than to suppose that bears matter more than people. I would also point out that in Revelation 11:18, "earth" refers to all the people who inhabit the world, as in:

"Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth:" (Gen. 11:9)

"...Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?" (Gen. 18:25)

"...and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth." (Ex. 9:16)

"Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him." (Psa. 33:8)

The idea of God bringing final judgment and destroying all of sinful mankind because they wiped out a few bears, or destroyed the ozone layer, is absurd. God brings final judgment and destroys the wicked because they filled the world with slaughter, trying to wipe out all the righteous. God destroyed the antedeluvian world with the Flood when similarly "the earth was filled with violence." (Gen. 6:11)