ClubAdventist is back!

The Paradox of Adventism

fccool

Long as there's no chewing of the tinfoil! That would finish me off for good!

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

• Members

OA, I just noticed - you're the Grand Poobah!!! :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

OA, I just noticed - you're the Grand Poobah!!! :)
I loved the way Fred got treated at The Buffalo Club! LOL Been looking for a Church like that, but no luck yet!

And I can trust"

Fccool, you really have no clue, do you? Before Adam could become a witness to testify to the rest of mankind living outside of the garden who decended from mankind, both male and female created in the 6day creation thousands of years before Adam, he had to be tested to see if he could be trusted to teach the world the real truth

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

BR, Your jibberish is quite amazing! You wrote alot but didn't say anything worth while reading. Please, if your opinion is different than mine, please provide the evidence supporting where I have messed up. You can find lots of supporting evidence from the bible for my opinion here: http://web.me.com/spiritoftruth/STM/Welcome.html Just go to the archives and look up "In The Beginning".

If you are too lazy for that, then see Dan. 2:13. The seed of men has to be all of the races which were created prior to Adam. But of course this contradicts what Luke wrote what Paul said in Acts 17:26.

BR, on another thread here, they are questioning the age of this earth and it has been brought out that there is ample evidence supporting life on this earth prior to Adam's time. All I am doing is giving MY OWN theory, which by the way, would agree with the the words of Jesus and the OT, plus it would agree with science. If it is wrong, then so be it--as it is only a theory as is everyone opinion because none of us were there.

I am not making fun of your opinion because I was there too at one time in my lifetime.

BR, Your jibberish is quite amazing! You wrote alot but didn't say anything worth while reading. Please, if your opinion is different than mine, please provide the evidence supporting where I have messed up. You can find lots of supporting evidence from the bible for my opinion here: http://web.me.com/spiritoftruth/STM/Welcome.html Just go to the archives and look up "In The Beginning".

If you are too lazy for that, then see Dan. 2:13. The seed of men has to be all of the races which were created prior to Adam. But of course this contradicts what Luke wrote what Paul said in Acts 17:26.

BR, on another thread here, they are questioning the age of this earth and it has been brought out that there is ample evidence supporting life on this earth prior to Adam's time. All I am doing is giving MY OWN theory, which by the way, would agree with the the words of Jesus and the OT, plus it would agree with science. If it is wrong, then so be it--as it is only a theory as is everyone opinion because none of us were there.

I am not making fun of your opinion because I was there too at one time in my lifetime.

Usually, referrals to whole websites like this are just spam posts. Your thoughts are too disjointed to follow here, but I guess you can stand in that long line up of people before you with YOUR "contradictions" of the Bible, if you want to. I'm not sure what good you are doing with such mumbo-jumbo, or who or what you think you are helping. Nothing you have said "agrees with Jesus," because Jesus always referred to and lived by the Word; but all you can do is find "contradictions." I'll follow the example of Jesus, thankyou.

post-4001-140967449012_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

No problem Overaged! However, if you will please notice the site and what I said, you will find that I was very specific to look at ONLY the one small article where you will find all of the verses found in the bible supporting my theory. You can believe what you want and it is no problem for me. But when someone make's fun of my theory and then blames it on false facts, then I become defensive. Oh well..... Such is the way of the Paradox of Adventism.

But that's YOUR paradox. It's not a "paradox" of Adventism.

And I can trust"

No problem Overaged! However, if you will please notice the site and what I said, you will find that I was very specific to look at ONLY the one small article where you will find all of the verses found in the bible supporting my theory.
You gave us a link to the main page when you could have just linked to the archive page in question. Isn't life grand when you just pretend you don't know what you are doing? Such is the paradox of "Spirit of Truth 'Ministry'"

And I can trust"

rollingsmile

Sorry, everytime I look at the title of the thread....well...I can't help but see a pair of ducks walking down the street quacking about being SDA's!!!

Think about it...expecially after reading the whole thread!!

• Administrators

rollingsmile

Sorry, everytime I look at the title of the thread....well...I can't help but see a pair of ducks walking down the street quacking about being SDA's!!!

Think about it...expecially after reading the whole thread!!

There's thinking out of the box for you!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

OA, I see your point, but object to the pot shot. Tell you what, IF you can find ONE thing that is NOT the truth at this site and can be proven from the words of Jesus and the OT, please take as many shots as you want. If not, then it's time to shoot at something else. Fair enough?

OA, I see your point, but object to the pot shot. Tell you what, IF you can find ONE thing that is NOT the truth at this site and can be proven from the words of Jesus and the OT, please take as many shots as you want. If not, then it's time to shoot at something else. Fair enough?
No

And I can trust"

Yeah... this thread is officially derailed and done. The goal was not necessarily criticism of Adventist problems. Rather it was finding a solution to the paradox of "I'm open to all truth ... but what I already know is the truth".

Did not really want this thread to be thread on atonement doctrine, E.G. White, and non-traditional doctrine, but I guess for some reason you can't keep these topics out.

Next time I should warn for people who want to discuss these things to make their own thread.

fccool, what good would a warning do? A thread goes where ever it wants to go. You have no power over it--do you?

fccool, what good would a warning do? A thread goes where ever it wants to go. You have no power over it--do you?

You mean the power to stop you from highjacking it? Obviously not. They'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to stop Dr. Rich from highjacking a thread...

• Members

You mean the power to stop you from highjacking it? Obviously not. They'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to stop Dr. Rich from highjacking a thread...

thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I just finished going through this thread which gave me the impression that one can never be sure of what truth is.

"What is truth?" This question was put to Jesus by Pilate after Jesus had told him that He had come into this world to testify to the truth.

The truth is simple, just as simple as accepting the letters of the alphabet.

I think of the first letter of the Alphabet of God to be that "God is" (Heb.11:6); "His throne is in Heaven," (Ps.11:4), yet by His Spirit He is everywhere present, working in and through all, moving in all things according to His will. "Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Where shall I flee from your presence?" (Ps.139:7) The divine Spirit is the presence and power of God. No matter where we go in the universe, "He is." That is His name, "I AM." Unless we receive this letter with the simple faith of a little child, we cannot please God. (Heb.11:6)

Those who accept this letter of the Alphabet of God as a little child understand the relation between nature, God's handiwork, and nature's God. This is the true knowledge of God. This is what it means to be acquainted with Him (Job 22:21) and the effect of this knowledge on body and mind and soul is beyond estimate.

I think of the second letter of the Alphabet of God as being that the merits of Christ's sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf in order to receive the blessings of the Covenant of grace: pardon and light and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. This is the kingdom of God within you, the kingdom of His grace, the grace that brings salvation to all men. (Luke 17:21; Rom.14:17; Titus 2:11) And His grace is exceedingly abundant with faith and love. (1 Tim.2:14) and love is the fulfillment of the law. (Rom.13:10) The grace of the Holy Spirit brings the righteousness of Christ into the life which is made manifest in obedience to all the commandments of God. (Rom.10:8) Christ's sacrifice was infinite and therefore of value beyond estimate. Who can measure the infinity of that sacrifice? Those who appreciate this sacrifice are taught to hold in abomination all other merits save those of Jesus and they hang their helpless souls upon His merits. This is the true light which makes the matter of salvation just as simple as accepting the alphabet.

I think of the third letter of the Alphabet of God as that God does not stand toward the sinner as an executioner of the sentence against transgression. In other words, His judgments do not come directly out from Him upon the disobedient but He leaves the rejectors of His mercy to themselves, to reap that which they have sown. They place themselves beyond His protection. This is how God "destroys" the impenitent sinner. See 1 Chron.10:4,14.

I like to think of the fourth letter of the Alphabet of God as that God's call is conditional. This is clearly taught in the parable of the Wedding Garment, the parable of Matt.22. This parable Jesus spoke more for our time than for His. After the Jews had rejected the second call of the parable, probation closed on the Jewish church and the bearers of the message were forced to turn to the Gentiles.

This parable began to be enacted on Oct.22, 1844. We are now living in the time of the second call to Modern Israel. The first call took place between 1888 and 1903 and it was rejected as the parable predicted. Upon the rejection of the second call, as predicted in the parable, the bearers of that last message of mercy will be forced to turn to the world and the message will swell into the loud cry, coinciding with the National Sunday Law. When the mission of the Gospel is completed, the king comes into the room to examine the guests. This is the judgment of the living at the time of the great final test and then probation closes.

I think of the last letter of the Alphabet of God as being that on October 22, 1844, both the Father and Christ moved from the first apartment to the second apartment of the sanctuary above to begin the work of investigative judgment. (Daniel 8:14;7:9,10) They began with the dead and would have passed on to the living if the mission of the Gospel had been completed. Because of unbelief there has been a long dealy. (G.C.457,458) During the latter rain and loud cry the people of God shall grow up into Christ (1 T 353) and when the full corn of His character shall be in the ear, when His people shall reflect Him fully, then probation will close and Christ shall come. (Mark 4:26-29)

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

sky, good thoughts. Just keep thinking and seeking the real truth. It seems the more you find truth, the more you find that there is more truth out there to find.

Yeah... this thread is officially derailed and done. The goal was not necessarily criticism of Adventist problems. Rather it was finding a solution to the paradox of "I'm open to all truth ... but what I already know is the truth".

Did not really want this thread to be thread on atonement doctrine, E.G. White, and non-traditional doctrine, but I guess for some reason you can't keep these topics out.

Next time I should warn for people who want to discuss these things to make their own thread.

Such is the problem of SDA ADD!!!!

bwink

Originally Posted By: fccool

Such is the problem of SDA ADD!!!!

bwink

You can't blame everyone for the "crime" of the few. I don't believe nary a thing you say here.

And I can trust"

sky, good thoughts. Just keep thinking and seeking the real truth. It seems the more you find truth, the more you find that there is more truth out there to find.
Hey; we are agreed Dr Rich! An event worth noting!

And I can trust"

Sure, we can make parallel discussions. I'm guilty as anyone of going off topic. But I'd rather people participating to stay on topic. The mere reason that I'm not a moderator or admin should not mean that I should not direct the discussion that I've started. It's just a matter consensual order maintenance.