ClubAdventist is back!

The Paradox of Adventism

fccool

"When the doctrine we accept kills sin in the heart, purifies the soul from defilement, bears fruit unto holiness, we may know that it is the truth of God. When benevolence, kindness, tenderheartedness, sympathy, are manifest in our lives; when the joy of right doing is in our hearts; when we exalt Christ, and not self, we may know that our faith is of the right order."

If this is "Adventism," then I am "Adventist."

Chick

• Moderators
You don't know how much time I have spent probing any chinks in the Adventist doctrinal armor because of people like you, and Ford and Rea and Ratzlaff and how many others. So far I have found no reason to leave the SDA church. Having left the RCC for obvious unbiblical teachings, I would have no qualms leaving the Adventist Church if I found someone else more faithful to Bible truths.

• Moderators

"When the doctrine we accept kills sin in the heart, purifies the soul from defilement, bears fruit unto holiness, we may know that it is the truth of God. When benevolence, kindness, tenderheartedness, sympathy, are manifest in our lives; when the joy of right doing is in our hearts; when we exalt Christ, and not self, we may know that our faith is of the right order."

What a quote! And I was correct as to the source.

hey look i know how to box a quote!!!!!!!!! never did that before

this can be fun

Ah, you're becoming a Netizen then....

As to your previous post in which you quoted me, you are pretty much spot on.

If this is "Adventism," then I am "Adventist."

Agreed. Those things are the evidence that God lives in our hearts.

I never said Ellen White is a fundamental belief. Her message is, however, a central theme in Adventism. If I were to completely reject her as a prophet I would see the SDA church as promoting falsehood. I wouldn't want to remain an SDA with that understanding of Adventism, and most likely would have rejected all the pillars of Adventism by that time anyway.

You don't have to say that she is a fundamental belief, but the church places her writings as a fundamental belief. The church should not a belief in EGW as a condition to maintaining membership in a church which prides itself on otherwise being totally Biblically based.

Personally, as of late, I have a little bit of a hard time when folks say that we have "the truth", though I've done it myself many many times... but recently I've come to see that there is only one truth...

Jesus said, "I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life, no one comes to the father but by me". Nowhere does it say, "the sabbath is the way,", or "soul sleep is the way", or "ellen white is the way".. and so a person can be of ANY faith and be in THE TRUTH. He who is IN CHRIST is IN THE TRUTH, regardless of what day of the week they worship. Now, once you are IN CHRIST, can you perfect your knowledge and understanding of biblical principles and doctrines? Of course. But knowing these doctrines does not bring you THE TRUTH, it just brings you a deeper understanding of Scriptures. Anyways... thats my understanding of it. I believe thats why the jailer (in the story of Paul and Silas) and all his family could be baptized by just proclaiming Christ as Lord, it's why people in South America, Africa, Europe and North America can all have differing views and ways of worshiping and yet be saved... There is only one standard by which we are to be judged. Its not the doctrines that are THE TRUTH, its JESUS.

If we are in Christ, the Spirit will lead us into all truth. All who are joined to the Head by faith will be actuated by the Head and there is no possibility of there being any schism among those who are joined to the Head. They will have the same mind and the same understanding as to what truth is. They will be led by the Spirit and the Spirit will teach them all things. 1 John 1:20,27. God will finish the work with and through those who are joined to the Head and these will be of one mind and of one judgment "being knit together in love and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding." Col.2:2.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

It's not about doctrines, politics, EGW, faith, Jesus, Holy Spirit or even God, it is all about knowing and practicing the real truth. This is the only way to free ones self from sin (lies). So, how does one find the truth to practice the truth? The answer is from the words of Jesus given to us by His eyewitnesses.

Since the Adventist Church got it's start be seeking the truth and found these truths were in contradiction of other christian denominations, they formed their own group with the mission statement to keep seeking the real truth in order to practice the real truth. Trouble is, things and people got in the way of everyone seeking the truth on their own. Too many people simply relied upon others to do their truth seeking for them or accepted lies as the truth because it was the easiest thing to do.

Just as in the history of the United States of America who started out as a truth seeking and practicing group called 'de-jure-, it was also usurped by those who wanted authority over others in order to control them and now the whole governments for this country is practicing nothing but lies which is called 'de-facto', and so goes the Adventist Church with all of thier home taught robo teachers and preachers.

Revelation tells them to wake up and smell the coffee! Few do (Rev. 3:4)

Who is raising the bar? Not me. I was just talking about those who have made up their mind to reject all SDA doctrine, rejected Ellen White, and yet claim to be SDAs. I never claimed you nor fccool have done that. That would be pretty stupid as both of you have stated that you haven't.

I never said Ellen White is a fundamental belief. Her message is, however, a central theme in Adventism. If I were to completely reject her as a prophet I would see the SDA church as promoting falsehood. I wouldn't want to remain an SDA with that understanding of Adventism, and most likely would have rejected all the pillars of Adventism by that time anyway.

The Adventist church takes a specific stand on the 1Cor 12 Bible teaching on spiritual gifts - in that we claim they are still valid. More than that we claim that the Gift of Prophecy is not merely "forth telling" because such a thing blurrs the line between teachers in 1Cor 12 and prophets in 1Cor 12 -- and such a definition does not work at all in 1Cor 14 or in Numbers 12.

And finally we believe that Ellen White is an example of someone who had the legit gift of prophecy in recent history.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Originally Posted By: Parade Orange
hey look i know how to box a quote!!!!!!!!! never did that before

this can be fun

Ah, you're becoming a Netizen then....

As to your previous post in which you quoted me, you are pretty much spot on.

KOOLIOS! then shortly i should be led down into the dark cellar for my initiation!

yippie im becoming one with the brotherhood.. err i mean sisterhoo... uhh thats not correct either

grouphug

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

How many ideas or belief systems do you ascribe to that you consider to be "wrong" or "false?" And why would you be interested in said ideas or belief systems?

You are certainly missing my point. There are certain things that we can speculate on. Speculation is not "truth". I have no delusions about my speculation being just that... faith.

I have a problem with...

Those who wear the label of Laodiceanism as a badge of honor.

Those who say that whatever Ellen White has written cannot be in error.

Those who believe that the SDA church has all the truth already, and if Ellen White didn't have anything to say about it, then we don't need it.

But written in the SOP is that before this church is finished, it will... IT WILL undergo a REVIVAL & REFORMATION. (And a shaking.)

Thus, if it is to undergo a reformation, then there must exist such conditions in the church today that are in need of reformation. Thus we need to examine ourselves and ALL our teachings to know where we stand as a corporate church, and be open to change. But the corporate church wears the Laodicean badge with honor, and though the Gen. Conference says "This is how we are open to NEW LIGHT" but when new light is given, the door is slammed shut, with the addendum: "end of discussion". They are NOT open to new light. Yet God has a movement going that is destined to crash head-on with the status quo of the leadership.

However, there are some doctrinal issues, (specifically spelled out by Ellen White, that are not negotiable, and set it stone; i.e. IJ, Sanctuary, state of dead, Sabbath 3rd angels' messages.)

Ellen White warned of our leadership rejecting the new light God said He would send. And because of all this, God told us through Ellen White that "the church will appear as about to fall".... "while the sinners in our midst will be shaken out". Included in those sins, are the false interpretations given to the Scripture by those in our leadership, particularly in regard to God's Law.

So, in the near future, when examining your beliefs, take special care to consider the Law of God on issues that are put before us. Be sure to not read into Scriptures those biases that are given in the arguments, but read and know the Law. Particularly as written in Malachi 4.

addvantage

In the Bible (Matt 7) error is popular and truth is unpopular.

The Adventist church makes the claim that it is accurately reading the Bible and seeing the truth (the unpopular truth) that the Bible defines and promotes.

It also makes the claim that they do not yet know everything on many points; and that they strive to uncover new points of truth; and that they recognize people from other churches do the same in some instances. The *paradox" being suggested here for "Adventism" is perhaps better called something else.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

KOOLIOS! then shortly i should be led down into the dark cellar for my initiation!

yippie im becoming one with the brotherhood.. err i mean sisterhoo... uhh thats not correct either

grouphug

LOL; if you get to that "cellar" you will not be one with anything or anyone. We would have to say: "May he rest in heavenly pieces."

You are doing a great job with the boxing of quotes!

post-4001-140967448981_thumb.gif

And I can trust"

• Members

Revelation tells them to wake up and smell the coffee! Few do (Rev. 3:4)

Show me where it says "coffee?"

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

OK

post-4001-140967448982_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

Are we suppose to be a non-prophet organization.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Personally, as of late, I have a little bit of a hard time when folks say that we have "the truth", though I've done it myself many many times... but recently I've come to see that there is only one truth... it(')s JESUS.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!

Originally Posted By: Paula
Personally, as of late, I have a little bit of a hard time when folks say that we have "the truth", though I've done it myself many many times... but recently I've come to see that there is only one truth... it(')s JESUS.

.......thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

..... thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

..... thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Ahh. You're just tryin' to one up me pk

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Ahh. You're just tryin' to one up me pk

rollingsmile

I did agree with the post.

phkrause