ClubAdventist is back!

C/A has changed...

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

I was just reading some topics here from 3-4 yrs ago. C/A has changed. I liked it better back then. It wasn't a sparkling clear river then, but now it's a mudpuddle.

just imho..

(Don't kill me..)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

I agree. I think the difference (or at least, one of the differences) was that in those days it was a conversational forum where people chatted and shared ideas. These days it has largely been overtaken by disputation - and I know I've fallen in with that and participated in my share of disputes. It arises, though, from those who consider every conversation to be a conflict with a winner and a loser.

Not sure what the solution is, because (like every problem in the world) the only real solution is a change of heart... and it only takes a few unconverted hearts to keep on muddying the water.

Truth is important

I don't ever remember of any clear river days. Some forums here are more confrontational than others and it seems Stan has always tried to steer the confrontational threads into dedicated forums. I don't want to name names other than to include myself but some us of use to be a lot more inflammatory than we are today. Over the years we have learned how to interact a little more civilized although I know at times I slip back into old behavior but hopefully that happens less and less often as God continues to work in me.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

People take disagreements too personally here for some reason.

I agree with this...

It's nothing new, really. Anyone remember DougM? I don't think anyone topped him!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I don't ever remember of any clear river days. Some forums here are more confrontational than others and it seems Stan has always tried to steer the confrontational threads into dedicated forums. I don't want to name names other than to include myself but some us of use to be a lot more inflammatory than we are today. Over the years we have learned how to interact a little more civilized although I know at times I slip back into old behavior but hopefully that happens less and less often as God continues to work in me.

Shane, I for one appreciate how far your writing has come! You have worked hard and it has shown.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

I agree that some who used to be very inflammatory have changed for the better. However, comparing the C/A of the past to the C/A of the present shows a considerable difference. Bravus nailed it when he said that now it is largely disputation, rather than conversational. It doesn't seem friendly and *at ease* anymore. I think the forum was better without so many "rules".... and I don't see improvement by having "closed" forums, like the political forum. Why shouldn't people be able to express their opinions openly, but with politeness? And if someone was being an a$$ earlier in the forum years, they were called on it. Now...if anyone calls someone on it, they're subjected to a litany of "you broke the rules"...no matter how correct they were. And they're subject to being banned.

There were only 10 Commandments by God....has that changed? Or do we not abide by those commandments here in C/A? Or is that a stupid question? Irrelevant?

Okay, ready to be smiley_roast.gif

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I'm not going to flame you on that. :)