ClubAdventist is back!

What brings about Sunday Legislation in the US

BobRyan

Ellen White describes the signs and wonders mentioned in Rev 13 prior to the mark of the beast and the image of the beast - as a time when we would have to "deny our senses" due to such amazing "proofs" offerred for Satan's newest Bible-denying-agenda that surfaces just before the mark of the beast.

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

In my Sabbath reading, I came upon this Scripture:

And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. (Luke 21:34, 35)

This "snare" is what Ellen White refers to as "an overwhelming surprise." And to re-enforce my conclusion, let me quote from the servant's pen:

This is a warning to those who claim to be Christians. Those who have had light upon the important, testing truths for this time, and yet are not making ready for the coming of the Son of man, are not taking heed. [Luke 21:34 quoted] (Counsels to Writers and Editors, page 24)

Of course, with advancing light, Creation 7th Day Adventists would offer this warning to those who have had great light and failed to walk in it. Anyone expecting a national Sunday law prior to "the coming of the Son of man" shall be caught in the "snare" and overwhelmed with surprise.

A word to the wise...

Chick