ClubAdventist is back!

We don't talk about the failure of 'witnessing'

Stan

Too often, folks try to witness by showing their friends and family that we are without any kind of sin. We show them our bar is so high no one could ever reach it, and we are that way because we love Jesus and he loves us, loves us more than 'you'

What our witness should be is this, "Our help comes from the Lord" he sustains me.

Even on this board so many, who have not been to Church in years, put on that face and are willing to be a martyr for 28 fundamental beliefs (Which I support the 28 fully BTW)

Fake witnessing leads to emptiness and shallowness.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Even on this board so many, who have not been to Church in years, put on that face and are willing to be a martyr for 28 fundamental beliefs (Which I support the 28 fully BTW)

Fake witnessing leads to emptiness and shallowness.

What do you mean "willing to be a martyr?" How so?

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

When I saw this title..."We don't talk about the failure of 'witnessing' " I must have been thinking about doing something while out and about 'witnessing'. AND the way I see it, the only failure is not allowing ourselves to be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to open our mouths and be willing to be the 'mouthpiece' for Him.

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stan,

Long time no see by the way... And you still look the same in that picture. :-)

Last week my wife, daughter, and I started something new for family worship. We started shareing how we were able to witness for God during the day and to who. Also started praying for them.

I tell you what, at first I think it was a bit akward probably just because it was new but it's been at has been interesting. I don't know if it's just because I/ we didn't notice it before or because things are happining more now but it is what it is.

Just thought I would share...

“Preach the Gospel and wherever necessary use words!” Let your life be a sermon.

• Administrators

DonDon!!!!!! My son!! Where have you been? :)

Great idea, BTW!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 4 months later...

Last week my wife, daughter, and I started something new for family worship. We started shareing how we were able to witness for God during the day and to who. Also started praying for them.

I really like this idea, and hopefully my family will too.

Another thought is that we don't know how our "witnessing" is coming across to others. I have a very sweet friend, who constantly tells me how he witnesses to others on the job. One day I met one of his co-workers, and that guy couldn't say anything nice about my friend, he actually said that he would never go visit our church due to my friend and his "witnessing effort". So whereas you might think you are doing a good thing, you could be turning people off.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

I like that, Praise the Lord.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Ya can't give whatcha ain't got.

Amen

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God