ClubAdventist is back!

What's wrong with me?

Restin

I know exactly how you feel Restin..I will be honest..they do the same thing at my church and even request that you pair up with someone new. I only pray out loud with my wife. I have a different way of praying to God..I just basically talk to Him like I talk to you now. Alot of people use the Thee's and Thou's and thats not my style. When Im asked to pray..I sometimes say "Unspoken" or I leave out to use the restroom until they are done. Thats just me, I rather pray and talk to God alone because I get really personal with him and I don't want everyone hearing my stuff. But there is nothing wrong with you Restin, Nothing at all! Like RLH said, just tell them you dont pray out loud but you will pray for them in your personal prayers alone. They should respect that wish. God Bless You!

According to Jesus, prayer is supposed to be a private communication between us and God, about things no one else needs to know. Public prayers tend to bounce off of the ceilings, going nowhere, embarrassing some, annoying others, and putting a few to sleep. Often enough, they tend to be mini-sermons, even telling the LORD what he is supposed to already know.

If more church leaders took Christ's words to heart, we would speak to God alone, or silently in our thoughts. Prayer on our hands and knees alone is a demonstration of our submission to the LORD, the only form of true worship. All the rest of the things we do in church are human inventions.

In the next life we will hear God's instructions to us in our minds, clearly, and privately, and whatever we need, he will read our thoughts and give it to us.

btw...in the past, whenever I was asked to pray in public, I offered a very short one such as: "Bless this food. Amen."

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

Why I started feeling uncomfortable about public prayer was when I was asked to pray in a group and when I finished a member of the church replied "Well that was certainly short". I don't believe in long, drawn out prayers. Get to the point.

Why I started feeling uncomfortable about public prayer was when I was asked to pray in a group and when I finished a member of the church replied "Well that was certainly short". I don't believe in long, drawn out prayers. Get to the point.

And don't ever change it. The Spirit of prophecy counsel on prayer is that public prayers should be no longer than 2 minutes. If I recall the reason when long prayers are offered, the people get restless and their minds wander.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Members

And don't ever change it. The Spirit of prophecy counsel on prayer is that public prayers should be no longer than 2 minutes. If I recall the reason when long prayers are offered, the people get restless and their minds wander.

I agree, but what happens is some start doing a sermon with there prays, or they try to drive home a point to someone.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}