ClubAdventist is back!

"In Christ" - the gospel explained

Sonny

The statement clearly says that that is why He came, "to show what every human being might become; what, through the indwelling of humanity by divinity, all who received Him would become--for this, Christ came to the world." Education,73,74.

"Jesus revealed no qualities, and excercised no powers, that men may not have through faith in Him. His perfect humanity is that which all His followers may possess, if they will be in subjection to God as He was." D.A.664.

I totally understand your reaction. If this is true, who can be saved? Right?

The answer is: There is nothing impossible to God. The problem is not with Him but with us. If we do not believe that this is why He came, how will His expereince ever be ours?

"His experience is to be ours." D.A.363.

This should help us understand why His return has been so long delayed, if this is what He has been waiting for.

"Christ is waiting with longing desire for the

manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, He will come to claim them as His own." C.O.L.69.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sonny

• miz3

• Twilight II

• John317

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why this should be too difficult to believe especially when we are told that "It is the privilege of every believer in Christ to possess Christ's nature, a nature far above that which Adam forfeited by transgression." E.G. White, The Upward Look, p.18.

Mindboggling statement!!!

In Christ we may become partakers of a nature which is "far above" that which Adam possessed before the fall in the garden of Eden!

This has helped me better understand why we have been told that holy angels, "by gentle and patient ministry they move upon the human spirit, to bring the lost into a closer fellowship with Christ which is even closer than they themselves can know." D.A.21.

It is said that this is a marvel to them and their great joy!

"The declaration in His intercessory prayer, that the Father's love is as great toward us as toward Himself, the only-begotten Son of God, and that we shall be with Him where He is, forever one with Christ and the Father, is a marvel to the heavenly host, and it is their great joy." T.M.18.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

The answer is: There is nothing impossible to God. The problem is not with Him but with us. If we do not believe that this is why He came, how will His expereince ever be ours? sky

Here's where I part company with you. You are basing salvation on what God does in us as we cooperate, but this is not the gospel. The gospel is that "in Christ" I stand perfect now & in the judgment. Nothing can add to this truth. Yes, I can experience growth, but I can't depend on that to save me.

In Christ we may become partakers of a nature which is "far above" that which Adam possessed before the fall in the garden of Eden!

No,I disagree! Adam was made in the image and likeness of God. He fully reflected God because God's Spirit, Deity, resided in Adam's mind & heart.

Originally Posted By: skyblue888

The answer is: There is nothing impossible to God. The problem is not with Him but with us. If we do not believe that this is why He came, how will His expereince ever be ours? sky

Here's where I part company with you. You are basing salvation on what God does in us as we cooperate, but this is not the gospel. The gospel is that "in Christ" I stand perfect now & in the judgment. Nothing can add to this truth. Yes, I can experience growth, but I can't depend on that to save me.

Absolutely not! I base my salvation solely on appropriating to myself the merits of a crucified and risen Saviour. "Works without faith are dead; faith without works is dead. Works will never save us. It is the merits of Christ that will avail in our behalf." F.W.48.

Even the good works that the grace of the Holy Spirit enables us to do, in and of themselves, these good works have no merits toward the salvation of the soul. God will reward these good works but only the merits of Christ will avail in our behalf. If we depend on good works for our acceptance with God, we shall be guilty of treason.

sky

Originally Posted By: skyblue888

No,I disagree! Adam was made in the image and likeness of God. He fully reflected God because God's Spirit, Deity, resided in Adam's mind & heart.

Yes he was created in Christ who is the image and likeness of God, just as the angels were, and yet, Adam, in his perfect manhood, was lower than the angels. However, through the plan of redemption, fallen man, through the merits of Christ, is elevated, in the scales of moral value, with God, higher than the angels who have never sinned!

"Christ places His own merits upon man and thus elevates him in the scales of moral value with God." E.G. White, Our Father Cares, p.121.

Adam in his perfect manhood in the garden of Eden was not one with Christ as Christ is one with the Father and neither were the angels. Remember that God gave His only Son to the human race. "He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race... to become one with the human family." D.A.25.

This is why this gift to the fallen race is said to be unspeakable or unfathomable. 2 Cor.9:15.

sky

Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” John 18:37.