ClubAdventist is back!

Finding a new name for the Creation Seventh-day Adventist Church

Stan

Overaged wrote:

“Word Web Dictionary re "Pastor" = "A person authorized to conduct religious worship" So now you are going to strive at knats over definition of pastor? get real Nic. The man is a self proclaimed truthmonger and has no authorized credentials or education to be anything close to a Pastor.”

Who authorized the first Adventist pastor to conduct religious services? Or the first Baptist pastor? Or the first pastor of any religious denomination? Pastor McGill did start a new religious denomination and is recognized by several groups of believers here and in Africa. Said congregations are the ones who authorized him to conduct religious worship.

There is no biblical requirement for a pastor to prove that he has a graduate degree in religion or a doctorate in biblical studies from a university. Some years ago, the Loma Linda University Church hired one of its members for the pastoral work who had no religious degree but who had been extremely successful in his lay work with young people. He served the LLUC very effectively for many years until he accepted a call to another respectable position with the church.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nic Samojluk

• Overaged

• Stan

• Pastor_Chick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nic; just because this dude say he is a pastor all of a sudden; it doesnt mean he is one. He is making false claims about himself, and thats why he is in jail.

post-4001-140967454998_thumb.jpg

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

The Press Enterprise refers to McGill as a pastor, but you claim that he is not a pastor. Guess who will most people believe.

“RELIGION: Tennessee pastor arrested in Loma Linda

A six-year legal battle between the Seventh-day Adventist Church and a Tennessee pastor has landed nearly 2,000 miles away with the pastor sitting in the San Bernardino County Jail.

The Rev. Walter McGill was arrested Friday, July 13, outside Loma Linda University Church of Seventh-day Adventists after someone called police to complain that McGill appeared to be preparing for a protest on church grounds, said San Bernardino County sheriff’s spokeswoman Cindy Bachman. …”

http://www.pe.com/local-news/topics/topi...-loma-linda.ece

I he were not a pastor and if he had no congregation as you have claimed, then tell me why would the General Conference invest so much time in litigating this case?

Oh yes, and I believe everything I read in the newspaper too Nic...thanks for the "evidence."

post-4001-140967454999_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

Oh yes, and I believe everything I read in the newspaper too Nic...thanks for the "evidence."

I am glad we finally agree on something. It must have been the weight of evidence. We can go home now.

Originally Posted By: Overaged

I am glad we finally agree on something. It must have been the weight of evidence. We can go home now.

We don't agree on anything here and you know it. What you keep calling "evidence" is nothing to do with...you repeat as fact, things that are not.

post-4001-140967455292_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

We don't agree on anything here and you know it. What you keep calling "evidence" is nothing to do with...you repeat as fact, things that are not.

What kind of evidence would convince you that Pastor McGill is in fact a pastor? An ordination from the General Conference? When Peter and Silas were sent on their evangelistic mission, who ordained them? Was it the Sanhedrin or the small group of Christians who started the new church?

What about the Lutheran church and all the other churches. Were the pastors of all those new denominations ordained by the members of the churches they came out from or the small group of members of the new church they were starting?

When the Loma Linda University church decided to hire and ordain one of its own members who did not hold a ministerial credential, did they violate the biblical tradition for ordaining new pastors?

My bet is that you will, as is your habit, ignore my questions and try to ridicule my comments. I hope I am wrong!

Originally Posted By: Overaged

[color:#3333FF]What kind of evidence would convince you that Pastor McGill is in fact a pastor? An ordination from the General Conference? When Peter and Silas were sent on their evangelistic mission, who ordained them? Was it the Sanhedrin or the small group of Christians who started the new church?

What don't you understand about someone not being a "Pastor" just because they claim to be one?

Peter & Silas were never called pastors, and we are not talking about anything to do with "ordained" here. We are talking about a liar and a fraud whom you defend, yet, who is in jail, or has been in jail for making false/fraudulent claims.

post-4001-140967455297_thumb.jpg

And I can trust"

Peter & Silas were never called pastors

Peter was not a pastor? Jesus ordered Peter to take care of his sheep and you claim that Peter was not a pastor?

“Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."” [John 21:16]

He has "ordered" you and I to do the same and we are not called "pastors." You need to face the music here. This guy is not a pastor. When you provide proof that he is, then we can talk

And I can trust"

He has "ordered" you and I to do the same and we are not called "pastors." You need to face the music here. This guy is not a pastor. When you provide proof that he is, then we can talk

Are you insisting that Peter was not a pastor? The leader of the original Christian church was not a pastor? Jesus told him to take care of Jesus’ sheep, and he was not a pastor? You can’t get further from reality and denial!

I am loosing interest in any further discussion over this with you.

For me the leader of any religious organization is a pastor regardless of the university degrees he may hold. It has always been this way and no denial by you or anybody else will nullify what I am saying.

I am loosing interest in any further discussion over this with you.

For me the leader of any religious organization is a pastor regardless of the university degrees he may hold.

The Bible is clear; not everyone who "feeds His sheep" is a pastor. Infact, most who do this are not.

What you describe here is one of the loosest definitions of "pastor" I have ever seen. certainly, there is no proof you could provide for such a definition - I trust that this is why you feel the need for personal comments about me which have nothing to do with the OP.

And I can trust"

Overaged wrote:

“Peter & Silas were never called pastors”

Are you saying that the Apostles were not pastors?

“Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:” [2 Peter 1:1]

Jesus asked Peter to take care of his sheep, and you are saying that he was not a pastor? How do you expect me to believe you?

"Jesus repeated the question: "Simon son of John, do you love me?" "Yes, Lord," Peter said, "you know I love you." "Then take care of my sheep," Jesus said." [John 21:16]

Are other large church organizations like Catholics and the Mormons incorporated? And, How do they protect their stuff?

Good question! There is no attempt, for example, to trademark the name "Baptist." There are thousands of organizations using said name. Here is a list for the U.S.A. only:

United States Alliance of Baptists

American Baptist Association

American Baptist Churches

Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America

Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists

Baptist Bible Fellowship International

Baptist General Conference

Baptist Missionary Association of America

Central Baptist Association

Christian Unity Baptist Association

Conservative Baptist Association of America

Continental Baptist Churches

Cooperative Baptist Fellowship

Enterprise Association of Regular Baptists

Evangelical Free Baptist Church

Free Will Baptist

Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship

Fundamental Baptist Fellowship Association

Fundamental Baptist Fellowship of America

General Association of Baptists

General Association of General Baptists

General Association of Regular Baptist Churches

General Conference of the Evangelical Baptist Church, Inc.

General Six-Principle Baptists

Independent Baptist Church of America

Independent Baptist Fellowship International

Independent Baptist Fellowship of North America

Institutional Missionary Baptist Conference of America

Interstate & Foreign Landmark Missionary Baptist Association

Landmark Baptists

Liberty Baptist Fellowship

Macedonia Baptist World Missions

Mainstream Baptist Network

National Association of Free Will Baptists

National Baptist Convention of America, Inc.

National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.

National Baptist Evangelical Life and Soul Saving Assembly of the U.S.A.

National Missionary Baptist Convention of America

National Primitive Baptist Convention of the U.S.A.

North American Baptist Conference

Old Regular Baptist

Indian Bottom Association of Old Regular Baptists

Old Time Missionary Baptist

Original Free Will Baptist Convention

Primitive Baptists

Progressive National Baptist Convention

Reformed Baptist

Regular Baptist

Roger Williams Fellowship

Separate Baptist

Separate Baptists in Christ

Seventh Day Baptist General Conference

Southern Baptist Convention

Southwide Baptist Fellowship

Sovereign Grace Baptists

Two-Seed-in-the-Spirit Predestinarian Baptists

United American Free Will Baptist Church

United American Free Will Baptist Conference

United Baptists

Unregistered Baptist Fellowship

World Baptist Fellowship

Worldwide Baptist New Testament Missions

United States - Regional bodies Association of Fundamental Baptist Churches of Northern California

Association of Independent Baptist Churches of Illinois

Baptist General Association of Virginia

Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma

Baptist General Convention of Texas

Dakota Baptist Association

District of Columbia Baptist Convention

Empire State Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches

General Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, Inc.

Inter-Mountain Baptist Fellowship

Minnesota Baptist Association

Minnesota Baptist Conference

Mountain States Baptist Fellowship

New England Evangelical Baptist Fellowship

Ohio Valley Association of Christian Baptist Churches of God

Southern Baptists of Texas Convention

Wisconsin Fellowship of Baptist Churches

If Adventists were to follow the example set by Baptists, the number of Adventists in the world might increase significantly.Think about this: Almost 100 Baptist denominations in the U.S. only!