ClubAdventist is back!

Columbo... :(

Gail

• Administrators

Quote:
LOS ANGELES | Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:42pm EDT

(Reuters) - Peter Falk, an Emmy winning actor who played the absent-minded but shrewd police detective Columbo on hit 1970s television show "Columbo," has died, a family attorney said on Friday.

"Peter Falk, 83 year-old Academy Award nominee and star of television series, Columbo, died peacefully at his Beverly Hills home in the evening of June 23, 2011," said a statement issued by the attorney.

Like many actors of his generation, Falk began his career on the stage, honing his craft in school, community theater and off Broadway. By the late 1950s he began to star in Broadway productions, and soon made his move to Hollywood.

Falk's breakout film role came with 1960's "Murder, Inc." in the supporting part of a killer among a gang of thugs, but it was his performance on the opposite side of the law -- as police lieutenant Columbo -- that earned Falk superstardom.

As a child, Falk's right eye had been surgically removed due to a malignant tumor, and it was replaced with a glass eye. That handicap became, perhaps, the actor's major asset and physical trademark as the star of "Columbo" because it only enhanced the detective's image as a disheveled and oddball crime sleuth.

But the homicide-chasing cop's probing questions always caused the murderer to reveal his true self and Columbo caught the villain. The show became a smash hit after its debut in 1971. It continued playing on TV for many years and even spawned several TV movies later in the actor's life.

Falk is survived by his wife, Shera, of 34 years and two daughters from a previous marriage.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Moderators

Sad to hear, I enjoyed his acting and the show. I have also felt that two nursing diagnoses that the ANA (American Nurses Association) should approve are "Call button Thumb twich" and "Call button Thumb twich with Columbo syndrome")

• Members

When I lived in NYC and our church was down in Manhattan, a bunch of us went for a walk in Central Park. And there he was. Didn't speak to him but it was cool seeing him. I always loved his acting and definitely loved his show "Columbo."

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

When I lived in NYC and our church was down in Manhattan, a bunch of us went for a walk in Central Park. And there he was. Didn't speak to him but it was cool seeing him. I always loved his acting and definitely loved his show "Columbo."

Cool!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Columbo. One of the favorites of my wife, Annette, and me. She usually does not like re-runs, but she willingly looks again and again at re-runs of Columbo.

Mr. Falk almost split my sides laughing in "Pocketful of Miracles". He had two Oscar nominations for that movie.

The director of that movie, Frank De Capra, had a very sour feeling for everything about the movie except the acting and personality of Peter Falk.

He will be missed.

George

JawgeFromJawja

Pro 5:18 Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth.

(Thank you, Lord. She is my heart and soul.)