ClubAdventist is back!

Samuel Pipim

Tammy

My list of moral failures is long... but not of the kind that causes lifelong harm to others. The issue here, remember, is not one of salvation - there is redemption for all who ask - but of harm minimisation in a temporal sense: something the church has been awful at.

My response to Bravus is: Bravo!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Overaged

• Woody

• phkrause

• Nic Samojluk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW; not enough room in this thread for me to list mine. Should I start another thread?

That's a good idea!

• Members

The other thread was moved to the storage area.

Please list all of your own failures FIRST when you chose to list someone else's.

thumbsup I believe that this than would become the longest thread on C/A.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

He is talking about continuing his Ministry, after he is rebaptized. I think he should answer a simple question - "Is this the first time you have had a moral fall?" Not asking for any details, just a simple Yes or No answer....

Why do you need to know this? Why is it your business?

Evils of the modern day press. Ironically, the following is from 1888:

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members
thumbsup

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I think it would be appropriate for those who want to have others publicly expose their moral failures to start by listing all of their own first.

REASONABLE?

Stan just wrote in the dust... :)

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

• Members

You do know that a 2nd incident has been revealed and his rebaptism has been cancelled.

I suggest you read this letter : http://www.scribd.com/doc/96345904/Letter-to-Pipim-From-Nicole-Parker

What we "might" have here is a sexual predator who needs a lot more than just prayer.

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

• Members

welcome to the Adventist Jerry Springer Show..

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

welcome to the Adventist Jerry Springer Show..

Yeah. And I thought we had rid ourselves of all this garbage. But somehow it re-appeared. Is this the second coming of smut?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

abelisle,

I had initially ignored these latest developments in the Pipim story just becasue it seemed just more gossip but that letter from Parker to Pipim was extremely powerful and insightful. Wow! It really raises wider issues as to how the church deals with sexual predators in the church. Pipim's saga is an object lesson.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Actually - there IS a place for this to be aired.

It ain't here however.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

This is as good place as any. Its a real issue in Adventism today!!!!!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Actually - there IS a place for this to be aired.

It ain't here however.

Woody,this has to be aired somewhere.Prior to the internet most that were victims felt they were the only ones.Only recently has any attempt been made to appear concerned for the victim and that has been thru lawsuits

When this is discovered or confessed it is rarely the first time and generally proves to be a pattern of behavior.

The church has covered this up,blamed the victim,moved the guilty and swept it under the rug. Lives have been destroyed,most of the time mere children or vulnerable young adults.They are sexual predators as surely as those sent to prison for these acts.

It is not a question of forgiveness,but of stopping the collusion that has allowed so much of this to continue.

Even when it is beyond dispute,the church officials will dodge any responsibility,EVEN knowing the background and prior credible accusations and proof,they move,deny and then say

"If any of you are without sin,cast the first stone" placing the blame back on the victiom

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

Was gonna post an article by Hyveth Williams, but I could not access the articla on the review website. You have to have an account to get the whole thing. Its in the August 19, 2010 Adventist Review. Its titled "Where is the Love." It deals with this kind stuff. If and when I join the online review I'll post her article. Its really good.

phkrause

Oh. And I agree this kind of stuff needs to be discussed. But Sam Pipim does not need to be discussed.

I believe in Hematology.

Oh. And I agree this kind of stuff needs to be discussed. But Sam Pipim does not need to be discussed.

If Sam Pipim had not come to the attention of others he would be continuing in the same capacity and still causing great harm.

If the church gets to the point of taking care of this issue,not covering it up and blaming the victim and telling them to simply forgive discussion of individuals that do this type of thing would not be necessary.

It has only been thru discussion and exposing those guilty of this and lawsuits that have allowed the progress that has been made.

If a next door neighbor sexually abused a family member of yours he would be tried and more than likely sent to jail.

A pastor,especially one that is popular gets a different reaction.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

But Sam Pipim does not need to be discussed.

Oh I think he does. His saga is strikingly illustrative of the problem

Einstein

You do know that a 2nd incident has been revealed and his rebaptism has been cancelled.

I suggest you read this letter : http://www.scribd.com/doc/96345904/Letter-to-Pipim-From-Nicole-Parker

What we "might" have here is a sexual predator who needs a lot more than just prayer.

And I suppose you think you are pretty smart posting that? We don't want this kind of lunacy on the forum! Take your gossip and mudslinging somewhere else.

"People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)

"I cannot know why suddenly the storm

should rage so fiercely round me in it's wrath

But this I know: God watches all my path

And I can trust"

"God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - Overaged

Faith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ

Originally Posted By: Woody
But Sam Pipim does not need to be discussed.

Oh I think he does. His saga is strikingly illustrative of the problem

Unless you know FOR SURE, then NO!! It doesn't need to be discussed!! And even then it doesn't. I am sure you can find plenty of web sites that cater to this kind of stuff. We don't want it here.

And I can trust"

• Moderators

Unless you know FOR SURE, then NO!!

I'm not sure what your are not sure about.

Einstein

• Members

This thread is kinda reminding me of once when I was told I was like the Titanic ... a living illustration, so to speak, for others to gawk at. I was absolutely crushed.

The TRUTH.
This thread is even worse than the last one. It was your posts in that last thread that were the problem. This topic needs to be deleted also. Club Adventist does not want this stuff. There are plenty of web sites out there that will cater to your apparent desires here. Everyone should be clear on two things since you insist on keeping up with this. 1/ you are not an Adventist 2/ you have an axe to grind. Do it somewhere else please.

post-4001-140967453975_thumb.gif

And I can trust"

Right from the first news of this there seems to be a lot of people rejoicing. Something is wrong there.

I really do not see it as being wrong to state some of the facts.

To share all the juicy gossip? REALLY????

As I said before.. if you want to detail his fail, details yours first.

I see one therapist trying to get their name in lights over this.

There remains two kinds of sinners,

1 - Ones that have been caught

2 - Ones that have not been caught.

Any non-consensual sex needs to be reported to the police.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Right from the first news of this there seems to be a lot of people rejoicing. Something is wrong there.

I really do not see it as being wrong to state some of the facts.

To share all the juicy gossip? REALLY????

As I said before.. if you want to detail his fail, details yours first.

I see one therapist trying to get their name in lights over this.

There remains two kinds of sinners,

1 - Ones that have been caught

2 - Ones that have not been caught.

Any non-consensual sex needs to be reported to the police.

:like:

And I can trust"

I'm always a bit cautious about jumping in with an opinion on criminal issues without a trial. If true it is tragic.

Stan is right. There appears to be a whole lotta rejoicing going on (from some here). And the "name in lights" thing seems to be correct too. How many people will want to go to her in the future?

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."