ClubAdventist is back!

...locked out of ‘politics’

jasd

Aside from a board where the sensitivities of certain members rightly ought to be protected (such as those dealing with some women's issues) - I think it unseemly (obfuscative) that there exists a cliquey-claquey board where permission must be sought to either read or to post.

If the SDA is poliically concerned and vocal - where is the shame?

Tchah! - too much the censorious - and much too clubby for taste...

:(

...would never ask for access, nor post to such.

Tchah, again.

(oo-la!—is this too candid for the world to view?—mebbe... Perhaps, it is that I am simply counterculturally obnoxious, yes? Mais Oui!)

If you are interested in politics access is just a PM away. It's not like you have to undertake a whole host of activites to earn entrance.

I came, I saw, I posted.

• Moderators

...I think it unseemly (obfuscative) that there exists a cliquey-claquey board where permission must be sought to either read or to post.

If the SDA is poliically concerned and vocal - where is the shame?

It has nothing to do with being a "cliquey-claqey board." In the case of the political forum, it had to do with a technical problem that was quickly solved. No one was locked out-- at least as far as I can determine.

It is true, however, that some threads are available to non-paying members whereas others are not.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

there are some private, and semiprivate forums the political one can be joined by everyone. Not everyone outside of the US wants to see those come up in the current threads.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

not speaking particularly of the political forum, but I agree with jasd... cliquey clack...

...perhaps I am also counterculturally obnoxious...

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

>>If you are interested in politics access is just a PM away. It's not like you have to undertake a whole host of activites to earn entrance.<<

My “...locked out of ‘politics’ “ is a spin-off from “Shane locked me out of politics(A paraphrase, as the original has been moved to a ‘restricted’ location – and no longer available – except as I choose to become too clubby for taste. Hmm, is there a butler at the gate?).

It may be that you miss my point. I wouldn’t “undertake” at all – to acquire access to such a thing. Not a thing I can judiciously accept.

It’s like guzzling oysters just past their prime..., and tainted.

Quote:
Quote:John317

It has nothing to do with being a "cliquey-claqey board."

Whatever its intent – it is, in fact, just that – a “cliquey-claquey board”.

>>...boy am I sorry I ever started the original thread! :)<<

Why?—because of a little pushback against a practice that is inherently distasteful? C’mon... bwink

From what I gather, it was moved by someone other than Shane and some kind of technical glitch occured disallowing my access.

The timing was problematic, right in the middle of an intense discussion, all wound up, back against the ropes, being pummeled and then the KO, no access.

VERY frustrating, couldn't have happened at a worse time. Then again, I was getting to wound up anyway, so looking back, I'm OK with it. I think I'll just stay out of that forum all together in retrospect, even though I can get in now.

At the time, I thought for sure the Tea Party done struck again! Silencing the voice of balance and the call for reason.

rollingsmile

>>the Tea Party<<

Hoo-ah!—thems what’s the very marrow of our USofA!! Bless them, one and all... When they’s sufficient in numbers and monie$ - we may be able to avoid the imminent economic collapse of this Nation, which is goin’ tah post a deficit this year of mor’n a trillion and a half dollar$$$! (That's enough paper with enough zeroes to keep me happy :) for a few months)

Eeeyow... mor’n treble that of Dubya’s worst year with two wars in overdrive!

And more...:

Monie$ going to Mexican drug lords to purchase weapons which together – Homeland Security, FBI, BATF, Justice, et al... siphoned from our Stimulus package and used by the Mexican drug lords to purchase some of these weapons. Yikes.

And more...:

Cost us a quarter million dollar$ for each shovel-ready job created... Holy Mackerel.

Where is the Mama Grizzly, when we needs her?

(the above several are fer free fer shur)

• Moderators

Can I move that the Politics forum *not* be opened to general access? I know it would be as unhealthy for me as too much coffee (!) but sometimes I'm weak and the topics look interesting... Being locked out saves me from myself, and it worthwhile for that reason. If it's a clique, it's one for which I want a 'way of escape'.

Truth is important

I do not think Shane can lock people out of that.. Shane feel free to correct me on that.

I haven't ever tried. I do edit threads and can lock threads. I don't read all of them so I sometimes have to rely on people complaining about others to address issues. All and all, after a while we learn each others' political leanings and we come to expect certain opinions from certain members and that kind of takes the shock and awe out of things.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

>>Can I move that the Politics forum *not* be opened to general access?<<

Now, don't you go be payin' me no nevermind - as I'm certain that I am singularly me re the matter. The rest of y'all go on and enjoy...

>>Being locked out saves me from myself, and it worthwhile for that reason.<<

Lest we, in our dreams - encounter ourselves...

>>If it's a clique,<<

...used adjectively - "cliquey- :(

And errr..., we’s ‘venerates’ (oh-oh) you Mama Grizzly!?

I mean, the way she got ripped for calling the colonists "British"? Good grief, they were all subjects of King George – an’ nothin’ but British! Hello... warn't it was like, still 1775, yes? Mebbe, theys was tallTonkins?—Liberinskis?—Hobbits?—or what?

Theys was British, fer cryin’ out loud.

Like alla thems platinum-plated leather-patched Smurfs who’s thinked they’s knowed so much mor’n than the Grizzly... Hoo-ahrrrrrggg!

Hope you ain not had no coffee yet. bwink

(not talking at you Bravus; rather, talking to myself - been doing that a lot lately...)