ClubAdventist is back!

Revisit The Book of Daniel with a Heretical Baptist

JawgeFromJawja

Book of Daniel Revisited - Jawge's Second Installment

In Chapter 2, Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon had a disturbing dream. We all (I hope) know the details of that dream. The upshot of the dream is that it was a prophecy outlining the history of the Western world from Nebuchadnezzar’s Babylon possibly through the Roman Empire. I believe the dream does extend through the Roman Empire because of verse 2: 24 -

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings, the God of Heaven shall set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed. And the kingdom shall not be left to other people. It shall break in pieces and destroy all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever.

The irresitable impetus for God’s Kingdom to be spread throughout the world really began during the Roman Empire and Rome’s interactions with Christianity. Now a bunch of you are gonna flame me and point out that God’s Kingdom has never been actualized on Earth, particularly during the first four or five centuries since Jesus. And I’m gonna respond with

Luk 17:21 King James Version (KJV) Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Unfortunately, the translation of that verse varies, and is quite open to debate. Heated debate. Look at The Literal Translation of The Holy Bible, one of my favorites:

Luk 17:21 nor will they say, Lo, here! Or, Lo, there! For behold the kingdom of God is in your midst.

Ole George King prefers the KJV, which would probably indicate the Kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom. That’s what my relatively unschooled (6th grade) daddy, a deist, in effect taught me.

Hopefully we get to this point soon.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JawgeFromJawja

• John317

• BobRyan

• teresaq