ClubAdventist is back!

Understanding TF Theology

ClubV12

That is just your opinion son .... there are many who have up to date comprehensive understanding of the prophetic scriptures today

Stephen - Author - Truth Files

• Moderators

TF, I'd like to examine your theology on the basis of the discussions that have already been started before going on to others. That way, we can focus on some topics instead of having our attention on too many subjects at once. When people do that, it's just a lot of confusion.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

I agree. Just when I think I'm going to take out time to thoroughly address one of his topics, he creates a new one, and so then I end up jumping to that one and forgetting the previous one. Then he accuses me of not addressing his points in previous posts. How can I when he keeps creating new ones?

Let's hash out one topic at a time until each one has been thoroughly exhausted.

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

Author of article, Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation (see attachment for article)
Currently writing a book, Vindicating the Historical School of Prophetic Interpretation
Founder of the largest and fastest SDA Apologetics Group on Facebook, Seventh-Day Adventism - Defending the Pillars of the Faith
Writer and apologetics contributor at Adventist Defense League

Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation.pdf

• Members

I also have to agree with you guys, just to many threads. Seems to me its intended to confuse, but it really doesn't. It just shows how a few would rather accept this than except what EGW has to say on this. And I say she has a much better handle on all this than what I've read in all these threads.

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I also have to agree with you guys, just to many threads. Seems to me its intended to confuse, but it really doesn't. It just shows how a few would rather accept this than except what EGW has to say on this. And I say she has a much better handle on all this than what I've read in all these threads.

Problem is, we're not going to convince the non-Adventists "what EGW has to say on this". We must be able to answer everything from the Scriptures alone, as she admonishes us. Thankfully, this can be done. :) But yes, too many threads at the same time create confusion.

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

Author of article, Vindicating the Year-Day Principle of Prophetic Interpretation (see attachment for article)
Currently writing a book, Vindicating the Historical School of Prophetic Interpretation
Founder of the largest and fastest SDA Apologetics Group on Facebook, Seventh-Day Adventism - Defending the Pillars of the Faith

• Members

Problem is, we're not going to convince the non-Adventists "what EGW has to say on this". We must be able to answer everything from the Scriptures alone, as she admonishes us. Thankfully, this can be done. :) But yes, too many threads at the same time create confusion.

Oh I agree with you, but doesn't she go to the Bible and give's us those answers already?? I do believe so, if I'm not mistaken.

phkrause

Indeed PK, her writings are thouroughly sprinkled with bible text which she often uses to drive home a point. I make note of such referrences.

Now it is correct to be able to answer for our faith from the bible and the bible alone. But I'll draw the line at looking up and understanding every whimsical doctrine that floats by (like a turd in the toilet). For instance, I've seen enough of Dr. Rich's theology to know it is false, thats all I need to know. I'm not going to his web site and researching his false beliefs. Nor do I care to know in depth any more about what tf thinks, I've seen enough. I have a working knowledge of many other faiths I've picked up (and rejected along the way). I don't have a burden to "work" for Mormons or RC or Jehovah Witness, all of which I've looked at. Others do, if thats your calling, it's OK.

Now for SOME perhaps this is an opportunity to sharpen their concepts on how to address some non-main stream false beliefs. Some need to dig a little deeper to understand the false arguments. Not me, but perhaps, someone. Right now, I need to stay focused on the truth and be able to give a reason for MY faith, based on the bible. And there is no better way to understand the bible than with the SOP as a guide book.

Like the FBI when dealing with counter fitters, they study the real thing, the real money. They don't focus on every aspect of what a bad bill look like, they know the real thing so well they can spot whatever "new" fake thing comes along.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to be to deeply involved in this kind of stuff individually. Such deeply rooted false hoods need to be addressed with the help of like minded individuals. John317 and Lysimachus and others working together for instance. There is a danger when you enter into this kind of work and I think it's best avoided whenever possible. If it's not possible, then meet it. Only those who are most qualified should be in this line of work, that leaves me out! :)

I can certainly speak up for the basics though. Like the 2,300 year prophecy being a continual time line and a solid foundation of our faith. But I'm not going to chase down every wind of doctrine by those with a different understanding of it. There are a ton of web pages with "off the wall" ideas about it, to many, this guy is just another confused voice on that topic. Take a number and stand in line, they just keep coming...

• Members

Indeed PK, her writings are thouroughly sprinkled with bible text which she often uses to drive home a point. I make note of such referrences.

Now it is correct to be able to answer for our faith from the bible and the bible alone. But I'll draw the line at looking up and understanding every whimsical doctrine that floats by (like a turd in the toilet). For instance, I've seen enough of Dr. Rich's theology to know it is false, thats all I need to know. I'm not going to his web site and researching his false beliefs. Nor do I care to know in depth any more about what tf thinks, I've seen enough. I have a working knowledge of many other faiths I've picked up (and rejected along the way). I don't have a burden to "work" for Mormons or RC or Jehovah Witness, all of which I've looked at. Others do, if thats your calling, it's OK.

Now for SOME perhaps this is an opportunity to sharpen their concepts on how to address some non-main stream false beliefs. Some need to dig a little deeper to understand the false arguments. Not me, but perhaps, someone. Right now, I need to stay focused on the truth and be able to give a reason for MY faith, based on the bible. And there is no better way to understand the bible than with the SOP as a guide book.

Like the FBI when dealing with counter fitters, they study the real thing, the real money. They don't focus on every aspect of what a bad bill look like, they know the real thing so well they can spot whatever "new" fake thing comes along.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to be to deeply involved in this kind of stuff individually. Such deeply rooted false hoods need to be addressed with the help of like minded individuals. John317 and Lysimachus and others working together for instance. There is a danger when you enter into this kind of work and I think it's best avoided whenever possible. If it's not possible, then meet it. Only those who are most qualified should be in this line of work, that leaves me out! :)

I can certainly speak up for the basics though. Like the 2,300 year prophecy being a continual time line and a solid foundation of our faith. But I'm not going to chase down every wind of doctrine by those with a different understanding of it. There are a ton of web pages with "off the wall" ideas about it, to many, this guy is just another confused voice on that topic. Take a number and stand in line, they just keep coming...

:like:

phkrause

I concur that it sure is wonderful and relieving to have a prophet to help keep us in the path. Without Ellen White, you can be sure we'd be drifting out to sea without chart or compass. So many denominations interpret the Bible differently, and all say that the Holy Spirit has guided them into truth. But when you inquire if any of the have the gift of the Spirit of Prophecy, they cannot answer you. Therefore, all their conclusions and interpretations of Scripture are given without the Spirit of Prophecy.

My heart aches to think of the sorrow those individuals will suffer who have outright and stubbornly rejected her writings as being Inspired. In the last days, and in the Great White Throne Judgment scene, all will see that she was one of the greatest prophets that ever lived.

What gives me comfort is knowing that prophets are never popular in their own day. Those who reject her writings today cannot conceive how they would reject the writings of the Old Testament prophets had they lived in their day. But how they react to Ellen White today is a perfect description of how they would have reacted to the prophets of old.

I don't know about them, but I'll stick with the prophet. Her writings illuminate the Scriptures, and make them come alive like NEVER BEFORE!! :D

~Lysimachus (Marcos S.)

• Members

I concur that it sure is wonderful and relieving to have a prophet to help keep us in the path. Without Ellen White, you can be sure we'd be drifting out to sea without chart or compass. So many denominations interpret the Bible differently, and all say that the Holy Spirit has guided them into truth. But when you inquire if any of the have the gift of the Spirit of Prophecy, they cannot answer you. Therefore, all their conclusions and interpretations of Scripture are given without the Spirit of Prophecy.

My heart aches to think of the sorrow those individuals will suffer who have outright and stubbornly rejected her writings as being Inspired. In the last days, and in the Great White Throne Judgment scene, all will see that she was one of the greatest prophets that ever lived.

What gives me comfort is knowing that prophets are never popular in their own day. Those who reject her writings today cannot conceive how they would reject the writings of the Old Testament prophets had they lived in their day. But how they react to Ellen White today is a perfect description of how they would have reacted to the prophets of old.

I don't know about them, but I'll stick with the prophet. Her writings illuminate the Scriptures, and make them come alive like NEVER BEFORE!! :D

:like:

phkrause

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Lysimachus

Oh I agree with you, but doesn't she go to the Bible and give's us those answers already?? I do believe so, if I'm not mistaken.

Actually not always, she did not really see this as her mission. She would share what the the church was teaching with gets us on the right track, points us in the right direction, but expects us to study on our own and to see that it is Biblical.